Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies (14575 Views)

World Diabetes Day : Access To Diabetes Care / Global Diabetes Compact: WHO Announces New Programme On World Diabetes Day / Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Trizzi: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
Medical practitioners have recommended some natural remedies that could curb the increasing rate of diabetes in the country.
The practitioners offered the remedies in separate interviews with our reporter in Abuja.
They spoke against the backdrop of this year’s World Diabetes Day, which is celebrated globally on Nov. 14.
The practitioners said the awareness had become imperative because diabetes is a condition that impairs the body’s ability to process blood glucose.
“Diabetes usually is prevalent in middle aged and older adults but now becoming common in children. Adults are still at the highest risk than children,’’ Dr Iorwuese Charles told NAN on phone.
He said that diabetes has to do with an increase sugar level in the blood caused by an absolute deficiency of insulin that affects one out of three adults.
Charles, a medical practitioner at Police Hospital Ado, Ekiti State, said that diabetes is a group of diseases that usually ends up in too much amount of sugar in the blood.
He advised families to always maintain good lifestyle habits to curb diabetes in their homes.
“A healthy lifestyle and diet are vital keys to curb diabetes, stop smoking, reduce alcohol intake, moderate exercises, reduce food rich in sugar, eat vegetables and wheat products,’’ he said.
Charles said the symptoms in diabetes include increased frequency of urination, increase thirst, dry mouth, increase in eating with weight loss.
Other signs, he said, are: “Blurring of vision, tiredness, fatigue, mood swings, irritability, frequent urination at night and headaches.”
According to him, the symptoms of diabetes are endless with no permanent cure but with proper maintenance one could live a healthy life.
Another medical practitioner, Dr Egbete Chimaobi, told NAN that some of the most commonly suggested natural remedies can be used to curb diabetes.
“Remedies such as ginger and a mix of cinnamon as the anti-inflammatory properties help prevent certain diabetes complications; bitter leaf also helps to reduce the blood sugar and avoid heart and kidney failure.
“Aloe Vera juice is very effective and useful to a diabetic patient as regular intake would help stabilize the amount of glucose in the blood stream,’’ Chimaobi said.
He explained that: “The family and diabetes are two sides of a coin as diabetes like any other illness has a huge strain on families both financially and psychologically.
“It reduces productivity when the person affected is admitted and a working family member leaves work to take care of the patient.”
According to him, though there are lots of negativity associated with diabetes, it can have positive effects on the family.
“The families become aware of the disease while some families result to becoming ambassadors and educating others,’’ the expert said.
https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/world-diabetes-day-experts-recommend.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by murphybo(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
Wow! FTC for the first time since 2013...meanwhile i dedicate it to my Daughter as she turns a year yesterday.

On The topic I just implore all to take good control of what they eat and sometimes it could be hereditary, so if u have the trait in the family the best is to control your intake of carbohydrates before they make it a must for u, apart from been a bad sickness it also drains money like (agbana). May God save us from what could gradually kill us knowingly
The fake native doctors should not use this avenue to be mixing fruit salad and some black powders as a cure cos its now endorsed.

9 Likes

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Ruddyman(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
Good one.....i get tired and fatigue most times, but i think they are work related....And most recently i have switched to more of vegetables than anything else....So my diet goes thus

Morning - Green tea with one boiled egg ( most times is just the green tea )

Afternoon - Vegetable / salad ( without the cream ) with white meat or fish

Evening - Fruits ( either of Water melon + Pineapple ) or Banana + gnut and orange

Of cause...WATER in between them all... That's for the stomach

---------------

- Want to build Search engine optimized websites / blog for your business and idea?

- You want to optimize your website / blog for search engine?

- You want One on One training on how to build websites using ( HTML, CSS, JS ) + WordPress using real life projects?

Then chat me up on what's 08095966698....

1 Like

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Lucifer66(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
Sadly, I can't keep away from high calorie food. It's just not possible.

1 Like

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Feelinso(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
FTC

God help. Us
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2018
murphybo:
V
Na so FTC hunger u reach,wetin be V
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by legibow: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
I don't get it.... World diabetes day, now I know they are high on things, is this a thing to celebrate ehn....
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by flex04(m): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
There is a health master also who does the interior cleansing wink

12 Amazing Health Benefits of Apples

2 Likes

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by fghanni(m): 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
Noted!
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by murphybo(m): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
darkchild64:

Na so FTC hunger u reach,wetin be V
Yeah now waiting for the wage attached lolz...V is to buy the land then build your comment of need be. grin grin
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Atikulated: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
I'm Atikuilated

www.atikulated.net
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Blissguts: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hello folks who use 1960tips, how are there sure 2 odds and sure 3 odds ? What is their strike rate ? I need to know before I subscribe
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Lucifer66(m): 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
legibow:
I don't get it.... World diabetes day, now I know they are high on things, is this a thing to celebrate ehn....
You're the one who is high, Did you even read the post?
It's a way to make diabetics and it's danger more visible to those who don't, Like yourself of course.

1 Like

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by tomdon(m): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ruddyman:
Good one.....i get tired and fatigue most times, but i think they are work related....And most recently i have switched to more of vegetables than anything else....So my diet goes thus

Evening - Fruits ( either of Water melon + Pineapple ) or Banana + gnut and orange

Of cause...WATER in between them all...

No go kill yourself oo

2 Likes

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by enemyofprogress: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ruddyman:

Morning - Green tea with one boiled egg ( most times is just the green tea ) my

very stingy man

1 Like

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by hopexter(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ruddyman:

How long will you take this without missing it up with Eba or rice ones a while
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by hopexter(m): 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
Atikulated:
I'm Atikuilated

www.atikulated.net

I think you're diabetic grin

1 Like

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Isobug: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Can't do without sugary foods for years now and no sign of any sugar-related problem in my body. May be because I can't also do without sports
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by tuoyoojo(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
bitter leaf helps with diabetes

I never seen that one anywhere o

is it that the bitter taste would neutralise the sweet sugar

pls someone school me with relevant medical evidence to support this claim

thank you
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Bustincole(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
Na wa ooo
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Bustincole(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
Atikulated:
I'm Atikuilated

www.atikulated.net

Imagine an aspiring president being d owner of a generator factory or company.. do u think we'll have light / power supply in that country?
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by CaptainFM1: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
legibow:

Its for awareness purpose. Not necessarily throwing a party.
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Ruddyman(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
hopexter:

How long will you take this without missing it up with Eba or rice ones a while

I don't knowooo me that don't normally miss eba like it was a normal thing to take it daily lunch time or evening....but i'm few days in and i'm getting on with it

When i finally do eat swallow it has to be very small with much soup
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Nitobegiku: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
This Diabetes disorder is a big killer. But the Japanese have been treating it effectively with their bitter-tasting Nitobegiku herb for ages (you can Google it).

Blood Sugar/Glucose level reduction within 30-mins after intake, lasting 24-hours per serving. The Nitobegiku solution. Check my profile for more details.

1 Like

Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by Ruddyman(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
enemyofprogress:
very stingy man

What makes me stingy now?
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by legibow: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
CaptainFM1:

Its for awareness purpose. Not necessarily throwing a party.
okay
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by icogb: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ruddyman:

SLEEP, Less thinking and less worrying. And why is it dat you didn't add apple in your list of fruits? Tis a must have o. Try to be taking whole carrot and cucumber too. They re very good.
Re: World Diabetes Day: Experts Recommend Natural Remedies by enemyofprogress: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ruddyman:

What makes me stingy now?
you no fit use money buy akpu,pounded yam, semovita, amala and eba chop?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Salihu Umar Recovers, Tests Negative / Four-Week-Old Baby Bled To Death After Botched Circumcision / Chain-smoking Toddler Gives Up Cigarettes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.