Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone (1459 Views)

5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone / WIZKID GOT ANOTHER HIT | Camon15 Camera BETTER than IPHONE 11 Pro & INFINIX S5 / LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Tarivanessa(f): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
The controversy surrounding the topic of "which is best between Android phone and iPhone" can not be overemphasized. I could remember years back, the rival was between Android and Blackberry but now that BB is completely defeated and fazed out of the competition, focus now turn to Android and PC. While some people claim that iPhone is the best because of its security and classy appearance and design, many others believes that Android is far more better. So here I'm going to outline four main reasons why most smartphone users prefer Android devices.

Although Android phones seems to be more popular in Africa, Asia and some countries in the Middle East, but in developed countries like the United States and Britain, iPhone rules. But in Nigeria, the truth is most people that uses iPhone do so in order to be seen as happening guys or babes as they don't even know what to do with it. Some iPhone fanboys buys it to feel among. Imagine! Anyway let's look at why Android is still better than iPhone.

1. Easy File Sharing With Other Devices: Trust me, iPhone is a stingy device. In a normal situation, you can not share files from an iPhone to another device which isn't iOS powered. Though Apple intentionally did this for security reasons to limit the exposure to malware and viruses, I think the bad effect is becoming more uncomfortable for some people hence they prefer Android phones where you can freely share files and even connect to PC easily.

With an Android phone, I can easily receive files from other device using Bluetooth or file sharing apps. For instance, my very good friend and Admin to enochtekng can easily share "His Wedding Party Video" from his chinko phone to my Android phone through bluetooth whereby reverse is the case on an iPhone..lols

Even To connect to a computer requires the itunes Software whereas, all an Android phone need is a working USB Cord. It's honestly one of the turn offs for iOS devices for the average user.

2. Tweaking And Multitasking: Another reason why Android phone is better than iPhone is the ability to tweak, the flexibility in customization even without rooting the device. In fact, new Android OS like the Marshmallow and Nougat allows users to tweak and get most of those features you normally get on rooted devices.

Manipulating and customizing Android is more easier than on iOS powered device where you must jailbreak the device in order to customize even a simple theme. Android offers all sorts of widgets that you can put onto your home screens. These widgets might be anything from a custom clock, weather, alarms, direct calls to contacts in your phone, flashlight, email, messages, and so much more. You can arrange these any which way on your home screens and have your home screens be exactly the way you want them.

Multitasking has also been around on Android for a while, and it's extremely easy to use. You simply open up the multitask window and you can drag two apps that you want to have going at the same time in the appropriate boxes (see the picture above). For example, I am watching a YouTube video while accessing my file system at the same. Perhaps you want to watch a lecture video while taking notes right below the video? Or, watch a video while texting your friends? Go for it.

Apple finally came out with the ability to multitask, however it is only somewhat useful on iPads, and not implemented very well. Since Android has had multitasking for so long and do it so well, they still take the cake over iOS.

3. Faster OS and System Updates: Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google, based on the Linux kernel and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. It is an open source OS that gives other manufacturers the ability to make devices with the OS unlike iPhone which are only made by Apple! Different brands now product.
http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/687/164879
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by macfish306: 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2018
fiziphonestore:
Buy cheap iphones to purchase, go to [url]https://fiziphone.com/
[/url]

iphone 7 - N184k
iphone 8 - N250k
iphone XR - N323k
iphone XS - N425k
iphone XS Max - N474k
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Ennyholar: 10:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
I think both Operating systems have their advantages and disadvantages. I use both TECNO Pouvoir 2 Pro and an iPhone 6. Love both.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Tarivanessa(f): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2018
Ennyholar:
I think both Operating systems have their advantages and disadvantages. I use both TECNO Pouvoir 2 Pro and an iPhone 6. Love both.
true bro
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by OneGeek(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
If you've used an iphone x and upper, you'd realise multitasking is just as breezy as on android, if not sleeker.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by OneGeek(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
And then, connectivity on an iphone isn't as bad as people paint it out to be. Although, i'd be the first to admit that android does it for more people than the iphone, when it comes to file sharing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by OneGeek(m): 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2018
I think customizations are overrated. Why make a phone look like a toy, with all the goofy fonts and phony themes? A phone is meant to look like a phone! Fine, i get it, freedom and all of that, but i think if a platform is giving you the chance to install fuzzy stuff, it doesn't mean it's better than the platform which does not.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Ejadike(m): 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
Each one has there advantages. Both of them are good.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Ejadike(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
OneGeek:
If you've used an iphone x and upper, you'd realise multitasking is just as breezy as on android, if not sleeker.
so one needs to go as far as using an iPhone x before enjoying multitasking?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Spooby: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Just buy any phone that works for you. Peroid!!!!
In my opinion, they both need each order, in other to improve their respective os.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by OneGeek(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ejadike:
so one needs to go as far as using an iPhone X before enjoying multitasking?
well, I speak about the iphone experience I know of. I haven't used all models of the iphone. Besides but I believe the comparison between android and iOS should be progressive (e.g android 7 be compared with iOS 10 and so on), and if that is the case, I don't think iOS is lagging behind android when it comes to multitasking.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by OneGeek(m): 6:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ejadike:
so one needs to go as far as using an iPhone X before enjoying multitasking?
well, I speak about the iphone experience I know of. I haven't used all models of the iphone but I believe the comparison between android and iOS should be progressive (e.g android 7 be compared with iOS 10 and so on), and if that is the case, I don't think iOS is lagging behind android when it comes to multitasking.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by dhensity: 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
iPhone cameras are classy and unique , if u we a sharp good pics u automatically know it's an iPhone shot , it just comes out so good damn. Ether tp use iPhone on snap stories for quality purpose too. Android camera is shith nd not close to iPhone.
iPhone has better 2nd hand value. Even after using for years.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Kfed4ril(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
macfish306:
fiziphonestore:
Buy cheap iphones to purchase, go to [url]https://fiziphone.com/
[/url]

iphone 7 - N184k
iphone 8 - N250k
iphone XR - N323k
iphone XS - N425k
iphone XS Max - N474k

New abi used?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by macfish306: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2018
@kfred4real - New
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
iPhone cameras are classy and unique , if u we a sharp good pics u automatically know it's an iPhone shot , it just comes out so good damn. Ether tp use iPhone on snap stories for quality purpose too. Android camera is shith nd not close to iPhone.
IPhone has poor quality camera at nigh although not all.

IPhone has second hand value because is it an expensive phone in this part of the world. Don't forget that there other android phones that has second hand value too.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
One main many Nigerians still go for iphone is because it is highly secured.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

IPhone has poor quality camera at nigh although not all.

IPhone has second hand value because is it an expensive phone in this part of the world. Don't forget that there other android phones that has second hand value too.
False..iphones even in the USA and Europe has the best second hand value hands down..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Lavoca: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
You don't see Apple fan boys creating thread incessantly every 3 months interval on why IPHONE is better,i call this INSECURITY.

I use an Android phone and will not like to use IPhone even if I can afford it.

"One man's food is another man's poison"

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

False..iphones even in the USA and Europe has the best second hand value hands down..
I reference to Nigeria not US or Europe
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Olodo24: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
dhensity:
I believe you're talking about the cameras on cheap Android phones. the apple phones are all high end and should be compared to high end Android phones too. pictures taken with my brother's Huawei mate 10 is just as good (if not better) than the ones taken with my iPhone 6. I know iPhone 6 is a bit old but na brand new I buy am and e cost
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by Olodo24: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ejadike:
so one needs to go as far as using an iPhone x before enjoying multitasking?
lol. na to empty your account be that
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by macfish306: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
fiziphonestore:
Buy cheap iphones to purchase, go to https://fiziphone.com

iphone 7 - N184k
iphone 8 - N250k
iphone XR - N323k
iphone XS - N425k
iphone XS Max - N474k
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Is Better Than Iphone by dhensity: 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
Olodo24:
I believe you're talking about the cameras on cheap Android phones. the apple phones are all high end and should be compared to high end Android phones too. pictures taken with my brother's Huawei mate 10 is just as good (if not better) than the ones taken with my iPhone 6. I know iPhone 6 is a bit old but na brand new I buy am and e cost

Well to be fair IPhone 6 cam ain't the best. Loads of android phones best that now, but u see the iPhone 7 upwards choi their cameras are damn good. Once u see a pic you go know say na iPhone take that clear shot. There is just something about android cams. Perhaps I need to get my hand on a real high end android phone and compare

(1) (Reply)

Glo Special Data, Get 1.2gb For N200 And 12gb For N2000 / 1 Month Old Samsung A10 For Sale / Infinix S5 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.