Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) (10928 Views)

Nigerian Man Slumps, Dies In Italy After Returning From Hospital (Photos) / Governor Obiano Transformed Onitsha General Hospital (Photos) / Where Can I Find A Hospital With Neonatal Intensive Care Unit In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
The Niger State Government has spent over N3 billion on the completion and maintenance of the new neonatal hospital in Minna.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr mustapha Mohammed jibrin, disclosed this at the ministerial press briefing on Thursday.

He said the government met a debt profile of N500 million meant for the completion of the neonatal centre.

He said the debt had been offset with additional N70 million rolled out on a monthly basis to sustain a provision of N840 million earmarked annually for its operation.

“The administration of Governor Abubakar Sani Bello has employed 500 health workers and 100 midwifes to fill the gap of its deficit and ongoing employment of another 250 to ensure adequate health workers for effective and efficient service delivery in the areas of Primary Health Care PHC provisions is ongoing “, he said.

He also said the government had raised the budgetary allocation of the ministry of health from 6 percent and 8 percent to 14 percent, adding that state would soon meet the Abuja declaration of 15 percent budgetary allocation to the health sector.

He said the state was close to setting up a health insurance scheme for which about N500 million had been earmarked in the 2019 appropriation.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/niger-spends-n3bn-on-neonatal-hospital.html

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
See Nigerlites reactions on Facebook

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by ahmedkoded95(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
More

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
That is good governance.
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Ebimor96: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
I
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Ebimor96: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
I grin
I grin grin
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2018
Pic or I don't believe it
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by dynicks(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2018
R
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by JohnFrankling(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Naija which way
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by arabbunkum: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
Now you wonder why Northern politicians wear big babariga. Na to hide bribe money

1 Like

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by AceRoyal: 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
3billion Naira for hospital?
The level of monumental corruption going on in this administration will be mind blowing and may cause this nation to implode when exposed!

Stealing in high places!

I want the Niger state government to post videos and pictures of the hospital and equipments as well as provide a list of the facilities and equipments in the hospital!

I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT I'M ASHAMED OF OUR LEADERS!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
ahmedkoded95:
The Niger State Government has spent over N3 billion on the completion and maintenance of the new neonatal hospital in Minna.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr mustapha Mohammed jibrin, disclosed this at the ministerial press briefing on Thursday.

He said the government met a debt profile of N500 million meant for the completion of the neonatal centre.

He said the debt had been offset with additional N70 million rolled out on a monthly basis to sustain a provision of N840 million earmarked annually for its operation.

“The administration of Governor Abubakar Sani Bello has employed 500 health workers and 100 midwifes to fill the gap of its deficit and ongoing employment of another 250 to ensure adequate health workers for effective and efficient service delivery in the areas of Primary Health Care PHC provisions is ongoing “, he said.

He also said the government had raised the budgetary allocation of the ministry of health from 6 percent and 8 percent to 14 percent, adding that state would soon meet the Abuja declaration of 15 percent budgetary allocation to the health sector.

He said the state was close to setting up a health insurance scheme for which about N500 million had been earmarked in the 2019 appropriation.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/niger-spends-n3bn-on-neonatal-hospital.html

Cc lalasticlala

Thieves.
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Ruddyman(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
Really? I know of a very good one in Lagos called Outreach Women and Children hospital at Festac....I think they are the only one in the whole of Lagos someone please correct me.....

They handle cases as delicate as 25, 26 weeker babies and get them to live.....
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nbote(m): 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
I can confidently tell anyone who cares to listen dat Niger state is an embarassment of a state... No sign of improvement or development at all. Terrible roads and despite being a so called power state have nothing to show for it

5 Likes

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by yjgm(m): 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
O Niger my darling state. Who do us this strong thing?. Is it the men at the top? .
Diariz God o
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
That State is hardly in the news, despite being the home of former Heads of State.

3 Likes

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by johnjay4u2u(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
hmmmm 500 million spent the rest don port.
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by mammanbawa: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
I'm a nigerlite. Where is the hospital o. LOLO is a very big thief

1 Like

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by chiedozie198100: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
it's sad to say, but my happiness is that the pangs of corruption negatively affect both APC and PDP supporters.

and it respects no ethnic group.

wailers and zombies, keep fooling yourselves.
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by AmazingELixir: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
lipsrsealed

Hmm! APC power to the zombies...

Contract racketeering, inflating and kick backs are their stock in trade.
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
The Commissioner needed to have given a breakdown of this huge cost for people to analyze and verify.
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by hiz: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
Almost a double of what it took the former Governor to build the facility.
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by PenileFitness: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hmmmm...
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by fortunechy(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
Likes to Nigeria and Share to our corrupt politicians...
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Adeebiwa09(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
TheGreenLand:
That is good governance.

I want to believe you are been sarcastic... But if not then you are very unaware of what is truly going on. That hospital was built and commissioned during talbas administration so that this administration which is my own view is the worst ever, did it is very untrue... I honestly pity gullible Nigerians and Niger lites that still want Abu Lolo... Next stop bago will want governorship status... What a pity
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ruddyman:
Really? I know of a very good in Lagos called Outreach Women and Children hospital at Festac....I think they are the only one in the whole of Lagos someone please correct me.....

how much is their services cos incubator care cannot be free
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ruddyman:
Really? I know of a very good in Lagos called Outreach Women and Children hospital at Festac....I think they are the only one in the whole of Lagos someone please correct me.....

how many kg at birth
Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by Excallibur(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
Suleja to minna is now 3 hrs journey... I weep 4 niger state

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by OtunbaJ: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Niger state is gradually becoming the wost state in Nigeria gradually taking over from Kogi n Benue. I went to Minna Last month to spend time with my parent and I wipe for what d state has become. Is this the Minna that we are born n brought? Kia Lolo, God will surely pay u back

1 Like

Re: Niger State Spends N3BN On Neonatal Hospital (photos) by symbianDON(m): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2018
Nbote:
I can confidently tell anyone who cares to listen dat Niger state is an embarassment of a state... No sign of improvement or development at all. Terrible roads and despite being a so called power state have nothing to show for it
niger state has the WORST governor who ever walked the earth. instead of moving forward the state has been on steady reverse since the young man took over power

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cancer Treatment With Soursop Leaf (latest Invention) / Scabies - Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention / Victim Of Deadly Disease In Ode Irele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.