Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice (509 Views)

Doctors/ Pharmacists In The House Please Help Me Out / Doctors, Pharmacists Wrangle Over Drug Prescription / Doctors And Pharmacists In The House, Kindly Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
I was using Griselfolvin tablets to treat eczema, after which i skipped and later stopped (it was disappearing and the drug always made me drowsy)
Well after a while the eczema has resurfaced with full force. I understand that there is a resistance cbcos i stopped taking the drug

Do i continue with the drug or try another one?
What should I do at this junction

Emary pls what do you advise?

Thanks you..
Re: Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice by Emary(f): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
HaileSelassie:
I was using Griselfolvin tablets to treat eczema, after which i skipped and later stopped (it was disappearing and the drug always made me drowsy)
Well after a while the eczema has resurfaced with full force. I understand that there is a resistance cbcos i stopped taking the drug

Do i continue with the drug or try another one?
What should I do at this junction

Emary pls what do you advise?

Thanks you..

Eczema is often irritated by chemicals in soaps and lotions so switch to a mild soap like a baby soap or natural black soap for a while then use a mild moisturizer like coconut oil for a few days. Avoid other cosmetics for a while. If there's no improvement after a week, DM me.
Re: Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 16, 2018
Emary:

Eczema is often irritated by chemicals in soaps and lotions so switch to a mild soap like a baby soap or natural black soap for a while then use a mild moisturizer like coconut oil for a few days. Avoid other cosmetics for a while. If there's no improvement after a week, DM me.
okay. Thanks alot. Will do as instructed!!!
Re: Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Re: Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice by Emary(f): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2018
HaileSelassie:

Hi Emary ,sorry to bump on your mentions again. Just woke up to another eczema expansion on my upper body. I have been treating it for a while now. I do have some eczema occurrence in my teenage years esp if i expose myself to sweaty conditions they usually go once i change environment.
So I was thinking this one will go like the others but, its sticking and expanding everyday. So I decided to consult a pharmacy that recommended that fucin drug. It worked for a while and when i stopped d drug, the eczema is looking like its now permanent and has taken over 80% of my upper body. I do work out and I am quite muscular, but since this started i stopped going to the gym.
I went to randle gen hospital and the doc recommended a cream and a mild soap (been using for more than a week now, no improvement). I felt i should just meet a dermatologist so that i can get to root cause of the issue. Went to LUTH dermatologist clinic and they hopelessly booked me for February shocked shocked (if Eczema was to be terminal, i go don die by then na) went to Nearby Bidson, well I couldnt 15k to pay before i could see the doc so I am just stuck now!!
Sorry for boring you with this story, just felt a little history could help u advice me better. Pls im losing self esteem due to this. and I am awrare wrong medication can actually make thie situation more severe. Thanks in anticipation. Have a great day ma

You may also need to look into your bedding and sleeping clothes. Use natural cotton fibres and avoid polyesters and synthetics. Also keep your room well-aerated and cool.

There's only so much I can recommend for you online because skin disorders need to be seen in person to be properly managed. Other underlying conditions can cause the Eczema to flare up so it might be a symptom of something else going on.
Re: Doctors/pharmacists In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
Emary:

You may also need to look into your bedding and sleeping clothes. Use natural cotton fibres and avoid polyesters and synthetics. Also keep your room well-aerated and cool.

There's only so much I can recommend for you online because skin disorders need to be seen in person to be properly managed. Other underlying conditions can cause the Eczema to flare up so it might be a symptom of something else going on.

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate you. Your comment just made me go do an overdue impromptu HIV test lol with my home kit. Negative still.
I will look to change my surroundings and beddings. Will go see a private dermatologist at monthend once i have my salary. Thank you so much for your time emary. I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Best Cooking Oil For This Season / Vision Vitale Capsules / Home Remedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.