Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom (732 Views)

Ex-Governors Who Are New ‘godfathers’ In Their States / Whenever Anybody Tells You That APC Did Well, Show Them This / 2019: Godfathers In Political Battles With Godsons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by Pastorlarry: 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State said he has being able to pay salaries as at when due since he left the All Progressives Congress and detached himself from godfathers.

Ortom who defected from APC to PDP in July said he is now a free man, no longer under the dictate of godfathers in Benue.

According to Sahara Reporters, the governor made this know during the swearing-in ceremony of nine new commissioners who replaced those sacked in August.

“There is no godfatherism again in Benue under my watch. That is why you can see that since I detached myself from godfather, even salary I have been able to pay as at when due. I’m seeking for other ways in offsetting the remaining arrears of salaries.

“Since I left APC, I have been paying salaries. In APC, godfathers will not allow me but now I’m a free man,” he said.

1 Like

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by Pastorlarry: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
Mumu man

1 Like

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
Are the godfathers the people taking the monies allocated for salaries?

1 Like

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by tomiwakeem: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
kennygee:
Are the godfathers the people taking the monies allocated for salaries?
are you not suppose to figure it out from what he is saying?
APC is a den of hypocritical armed robbers that have kidnapped the Nigeria economy

5 Likes

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
tomiwakeem:
APC is a den of hypocritical armed robbers that have kidnapped the Nigeria economy

My dear, I like clarity o. Cause my state governor hasn't paid salary this year and he is a godson to Bubu.

1 Like

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by GavelSlam: 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Bloody liar.

Your speech when Buhari visited Venue state earlier this year:

The issue of backlog of Salaries remains intractable. Part of the problem of Salaries was inherited from the past Government. In spite of your efforts with Bailout Funds and Paris Club Refunds which we appreciate, the challenge still remains due to the high wage bill in the average of N7.8billion which we inherited. We request for a grant or soft loan to be able to pay the arrears even as we have taken steps to stabilize regular salary payment with effect from January this year.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/03/12/full-text-governor-ortoms-speech-buharis-visit-benue/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by tomiwakeem: 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
kennygee:

My dear, I like clarity o. Cause my state governor hasn't paid salary this year and he is a godson to Bubu.
you have heard from the horses mouth ,he just told us that the godfathers have been the reason he is unable yo pay salaries. Kindly ask your governor why he is not paying.

3 Likes

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by chernest2002: 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
The same godfather that removed a performing governor in Lagos. Apc is den of thieves.
Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by SarkinYarki: 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
Very true APC is a convention of wicked people who are ready to sacrifice every Nigerian drop of blood for their own greed
Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by PureMe01: 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
now that you are free from the godfathers,no more excuses after you must have won your second term...best of luck
Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by nameo: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
He should just shut up o....

In fact, it is a testament of the silliness of Nigerian politics that a failure as this man would win in Benue again.

If I was j Benue, I would not vote for APC that seems to be OK with butchering of my people bug I would not also vote for PDP that seems OK with re-presenting a failure.

The Benue people are in deed fuc.ked

1 Like

Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by thesicilian: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
tomiwakeem:
And PDP is better?
Re: The Godfathers In APC Did Not Allow Me Pay Salaries – Gov. Ortom by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 14, 2018
God punish akume

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Ahead Of Kenya And Other Africa Countries. Facts Don't Lie / Congratulations To Our Own Ochejoseph / Badeh's Killers Release Abducted Friend After Receiving Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.