Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,599 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read (1314 Views)

Best 20W50 Engine Oil / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by dru23(m): 12:18am On Nov 15, 2018
It has come to my notice, that most people even me ..feels the need to change my engine oil was it turns very dark . I can recall a few times that I met a few of my customers that drive on uber..
I wanted to get a feed back on the product that I sell to them .I than ask him how often do you change your oil ..The young man stated that once the oil gets dark ,he changes them ..or every 5k miles ...but I told him that extended performance oil is good for a good 15k miles ...He said he changes is oil regardless ,once it gets very black he changes the oil . I now said to him that his a waste of money ...
Than I remember when I was checking the oil level on my elantra... it is my personal car ,not for uber o.. So my new mechanic was helping me out too .. He realise that the previous person that change the oil ,had put too much oil ..so the oil dip stick line that says "F" .. The oil had pass the F mark meaning too much oil ..so the mechanic had to drain the oil , I than notice that the oil was very dark ..I said to myself this oil was changed few weeks ago before my arrival ...I was shock and made a mental note to research it ..

I came to realise that a lot of Nigerians are wasting money changing oil once it gets very dark .. Just because your engine oil turns very dark does not mean the oil is bad or you need oil change ...please kindly read the link below for more of a better understanding... hope it clears up a lot of misconception about the dark colored oil ...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://parts.olathetoyota.com/blog/4411/engine-oil-discoloration-guide-what-different-oil-colors-represent&ved=2ahUKEwiJlo3g-dTeAhXwRd8KHb_HC8EQFjABegQIDRAE&usg=AOvVaw2Cu3E2Qj-pqW0PBBcrx8b8&cshid=1542235269311
Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by CityNGR: 3:37am On Nov 16, 2018
If you not pursuing nursing mothers... You'll be selling adulterated oils.... and when outta stock starts posting these kinds of vagabondish opinions... From someone who knocked his own car ...

3 Likes

Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by dru23(m): 4:07am On Nov 16, 2018
CityNGR:
If you not pursuing nursing mothers... You'll be selling adulterated oils.... and when outta stock starts posting these kinds of vagabondish opinions... From someone who knocked his own car ...

Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by dru23(m): 4:12am On Nov 16, 2018
CityNGR:

5w30, 0w20 still very much avaliable... in larger quantities... will be restocking 5w20 soon ...stay tuned ...for more information please contact me via dru23@hotmail ... A business phone contact will be avaliable soon ....

Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by dru23(m): 4:24am On Nov 16, 2018
CityNGR:

Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by diportivo: 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

before na Castrol....now na mobil1 extended

suddenly this guy has turned mechanic cheesy

engine knock.... transmission spoil

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

same picture everytime to show that oil is available

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm a hater.....bring on the meme undecided

1 Like

Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by wane01(m): 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
CityNGR:
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by 9icetoo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Dru, don't worry, I am taking their names.

1 Like

Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by SomoriiN: 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
9icetoo:
He's on a ban.... Long baaaaaannnnn.
Re: Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read by Drunice23: 9:51am On Nov 18, 2018
9icetoo:

(1) (Reply)

Preferable Oil Between Coastal And Castrol Oil 5w30 / The Funny Car I Saw Today / Please Those Anybody Know About Motmov Auto Car Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.