Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Sluggish Cognitive Tempo Alias Concentration Deficit Disorder-The Journey So Far - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sluggish Cognitive Tempo Alias Concentration Deficit Disorder-The Journey So Far (371 Views)

Italy Has Spread Coronavirus To 11 Countries So Far (info Graphic) / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / Bride-to-be Develops Vitiligo (skin Disorder) Months Before Her Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sluggish Cognitive Tempo Alias Concentration Deficit Disorder-The Journey So Far by francis247(m): 2:55am On Nov 15, 2018
The struggle of living with Sluggish Cognitive Tempo alias Concentration Deficit Disorder still continues as the intellectual deficiency syndrome is still quite alive and kicking.

Simply because I go on everyday like everything is normal, like all is well doesn't mean that I'm still not struggling everyday emotionally, psychologically, intellectually and socially. I'm still somewhere between happiness and depression. While I may not really be depressed, I'm definitely not happy. I'm just... quite sad. It feels like everything around me is stale and static, neither revolving nor evolving even though that's not actually the case.

The focus, the system now is to do things not because I want to do them but because I have to do them. Doing things because you have to and not because you want to is like taking a drug in other to survive a deadly illnesses, because your life, your survival depends on it.

Thanks and no thanks to Sluggish Cognitive Tempo also known as Concentration Deficit Disorder, the uncertainty, the self-doubt, the indeciveness, the insecurities, the easy loss of train of thought, the timidity mixed with sheer unwillingness to mingle, the needless fear, the lethargy, the passivity, the sudden development of cold feet when the mind seems to have already been made to carry out a new task or adventure, etc. still lingers. I still find it difficult/near impossible to define myself and it sucks, it really does suck. But that's not the worst part. The only thing that sucks even more than having difficulty or being unable to define who you are, what you want, what you really need, what you mean, your purpose, is having people try to do that for you almost all the time. Being surrounded by people and circumstances who try to define you, who try to choose for you, who try to decide for you, either directly or indirectly, overtly or covertly the kind of life that you should live, the kind of person that you should be because you apparently seem to be unwilling and/or unable to do it yourself can make you feel very terrible about yourself. Even when what they're choosing for you is obviously what's good for you, what's sweet and nice, whether they do it out of love or whatever reason, it doesn't make it suck any less.

I'm still of course withdrawn, still more drawn towards things (abstract or concrete) than I'm towards people even as much as I'd prefer the latter over the former. I guess it has to do with being very desirous of a good thing that you just cannot seem to have. But then again, when you want something, like really truly want something but you're not doing what it takes, what it really truly takes to get it, doesn't it mean that you do not want it as much as you think/feel you do?

Another disappointing part of living with but trying to live above Sluggish Cognitive Tempo is the strong presence of cognitive dissonance - a sort of double persona syndrome. I feel like who/what I am on the outside just doesn't match or blend with who/what I am on the inside. Like two totally different persons are inhabiting one body, constantly struggling and jostling for total possession. This is no thanks to the conflicting feelings as to who I am, should be and want to be as well as the irregular sudden desire to burst out and take a break from what appears to be my true nature.

Be that as it may, time and time only shall tell the true story of this journey, of this solitary sojourn here, now and beyond. I can't wait. It can only get better.

SOURCE:
https://francisamie..com/2018/11/sluggish-cognitive-tempo-alias_14.html
Re: Sluggish Cognitive Tempo Alias Concentration Deficit Disorder-The Journey So Far by oxypress: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2018
francis247:
The struggle of living with Sluggish Cognitive Tempo alias Concentration Deficit Disorder still continues as the intellectual deficiency syndrome is still quite alive and kicking.

Simply because I go on everyday like everything is normal, like all is well doesn't mean that I'm still not struggling everyday emotionally, psychologically, intellectually and socially. I'm still somewhere between happiness and depression. While I may not really be depressed, I'm definitely not happy. I'm just... quite sad. It feels like everything around me is stale and static, neither revolving nor evolving even though that's not actually the case.

The focus, the system now is to do things not because I want to do them but because I have to do them. Doing things because you have to and not because you want to is like taking a drug in other to survive a deadly illnesses, because your life, your survival depends on it.

Thanks and no thanks to Sluggish Cognitive Tempo also known as Concentration Deficit Disorder, the uncertainty, the self-doubt, the indeciveness, the insecurities, the easy loss of train of thought, the timidity mixed with sheer unwillingness to mingle, the needless fear, the lethargy, the passivity, the sudden development of cold feet when the mind seems to have already been made to carry out a new task or adventure, etc. still lingers. I still find it difficult/near impossible to define myself and it sucks, it really does suck. But that's not the worst part. The only thing that sucks even more than having difficulty or being unable to define who you are, what you want, what you really need, what you mean, your purpose, is having people try to do that for you almost all the time. Being surrounded by people and circumstances who try to define you, who try to choose for you, who try to decide for you, either directly or indirectly, overtly or covertly the kind of life that you should live, the kind of person that you should be because you apparently seem to be unwilling and/or unable to do it yourself can make you feel very terrible about yourself. Even when what they're choosing for you is obviously what's good for you, what's sweet and nice, whether they do it out of love or whatever reason, it doesn't make it suck any less.

I'm still of course withdrawn, still more drawn towards things (abstract or concrete) than I'm towards people even as much as I'd prefer the latter over the former. I guess it has to do with being very desirous of a good thing that you just cannot seem to have. But then again, when you want something, like really truly want something but you're not doing what it takes, what it really truly takes to get it, doesn't it mean that you do not want it as much as you think/feel you do?

Another disappointing part of living with but trying to live above Sluggish Cognitive Tempo is the strong presence of cognitive dissonance - a sort of double persona syndrome. I feel like who/what I am on the outside just doesn't match or blend with who/what I am on the inside. Like two totally different persons are inhabiting one body, constantly struggling and jostling for total possession. This is no thanks to the conflicting feelings as to who I am, should be and want to be as well as the irregular sudden desire to burst out and take a break from what appears to be my true nature.

Be that as it may, time and time only shall tell the true story of this journey, of this solitary sojourn here, now and beyond. I can't wait. It can only get better.

SOURCE:
https://francisamie..com/2018/11/sluggish-cognitive-tempo-alias_14.html
Son of man, there is fire on the mountain. Who ever you are, what ever you are, where ever you are, what ever you do your brain needs to be well oxygenated. And that is when the fire will quench. You need hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot). Simple!
You need to consult a psychiatric doctor who will give his diagnosis, and they will be many and all in one. At the end of the day after his prescription and after taking the drugs the simptoms may return because the right thing is not done. Let me stop here.
Re: Sluggish Cognitive Tempo Alias Concentration Deficit Disorder-The Journey So Far by francis247(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
oxypress:

Son of man, there is fire on the mountain. Who ever you are, what ever you are, where ever you are, what ever you do your brain needs to be well oxygenated. And that is when the fire will quench. You need hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot). Simple!
You need to consult a psychiatric doctor who will give his diagnosis, and they will be many and all in one. At the end of the day after his prescription and after taking the drugs the simptoms may return because the right thing is not done. Let me stop here.
I wish there's a drug, a system, a program, a therapy, something, someone or whatever that can effectively combat the condition that has bedevilled me and my likes but unfortunately there isn't any at the moment and write-ups such as this is intended to change that if not now, at least in the very near future. The funny thing with SCT/CDD is that it feels like its small, ordinary, simple, spiritual maybe, like it's invented by persons who suffer from it, like the whole thing was made-up by them and is all in their head, like if they could just get themselves out of their heads, it will all be over. This is no thanks to their very hypoactive nature. It makes it appear like the problem of SCT/CDD is nothing serious, like it's something very mild that's within one's power to simply rid it off of himself/herself. If you think or feel you have the ultimate solution to this crisis or have the acquaintance or someone who does, please feel free to make it known ASAP. Thanks
Re: Sluggish Cognitive Tempo Alias Concentration Deficit Disorder-The Journey So Far by oxypress: 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
francis247:
I wish there's a drug, a system, a program, a therapy, something, someone or whatever that can effectively combat the condition that has bedevilled me and my likes but unfortunately there isn't any at the moment and write-ups such as this is intended to change that if not now, at least in the very near future. The funny thing with SCT/CDD is that it feels like its small, ordinary, simple, spiritual maybe, like it's invented by persons who suffer from it, like the whole thing was made-up by them and is all in their head, like if they could just get themselves out of their heads, it will all be over. This is no thanks to their very hypoactive nature. It makes it appear like the problem of SCT/CDD is nothing serious, like it's something very mild that's within one's power to simply rid it off of himself/herself. If you think or feel you have the ultimate solution to this crisis or have the acquaintance or someone who does, please feel free to make it known ASAP. Thanks

hbot for SCT/CDD: We assume your doctor has done some investigations and prescribed treatments which have failed.
We feel the problem is linked to low blood flow and a brain imaging will tell. Alternatively you can undergo a 'test of treatment' diagnostics (diagnostic therapy) which is if the simptoms inprove after a series of hyperbaric oxygen therapy we can now confirm a blood flow problem and you continue treatment in that direction. We have the capacity to render hyperbaric oxygen therapy which may save you all the problems.
In this case we are using 100% oxygen as a drug administered in a pressurised chamber.

(1) (Reply)

Upgrade From Husbandhood Into Fatherhood With Swissgarde Male Fertility Kit / Two Years After, Central Hospital Still Under Lock And Key / Discover NEW Natural Anti Malaria Product. Reliable, Tested OK and Guarantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.