Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? (5028 Views)

Why Did The Prophet Have So Many Wives? / Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2007
There is this practice in Islam where a man is allowed to marry 4 wives, provided he can love all of them equally.

Now tell me can a man love 4 women equally?

Secondly, when the man is tired of one or more of the wives, he divorces her/them and go again to equate the number to 4 and again divorces and marries more until he ends up marrying an uncountable number of women.

And for the woman so divorced, she is given a divorce certificate and off she goes and get married to another man. And if her new husband does not desire her any longer, he divorces her and she goes back to her first husband.

Methink that this thing called Islam give them enough room to go about promiscuiting. No wonder they marry them as soon as they come out from their mothers' womb and many of them end up with V.V.F so that they will keep on circulating from one man to the other
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2007
There is no limit to the number of wives in a lifetime as long as they come in batches of 4 maximum at a time.
The number of women he can have is however endless.
allah entitles them to maximum of 4 wives at a time  and an endless supply of women who his right hand posesses,which could be captured Christian girls .The other ill they try to hide is the Islamic concept of temporary (mutah) marriages which is more amongst the Shittes.

A man can have 4 permanent wives and contract temp marriages with women that can last from a one night stands to several years and the temporary women need not live with him,in other words glorified prostitution allowed by allah.
A man travelling from Mecca to Medina can have several temporary marriages in every town in between the only condition is that he must fulfill his manly duties with her at least once in six months or so

allah is indeed all knowing ain't he?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2007
as many as your right hand possesses.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by bqueen: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2007
In all things we are doing and we will be doing lets avoid what is term as SIN.

u can marry as many as u want , "but" If u can be perfect between them allor between the

two,if u cant u ve sin .also there will be hatred,jealousy,enviness,Adultery e.t.c all this are sin And we

suppose love our neighbour as thy self and if this are ruling in the family there's sin which can

lead to destruction .

so if u can perfect things and it cant hinder your position & relationship with God . Y worry u can

move ahead
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2007
@Babyosisi

How come you are very knowledgeable in Islam or were you one of them?

No harm meant, I am just inquisitive.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2007
nossycheek:

@Babyosisi

How come you are very knowledgeable in Islam or were you one of them?

No harm meant, I am just inquisitive.

no my dear.
Thank God for the internet,we can all now read about Islam from our homes.
I am Christian who just got sick and tired of the waves of Islamic violence especially in my country and sought to know what makes these people act the way they do.
You can imagine my horror at reading about the lifestyle of Mohammed their prophet.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by babs787(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2007
@babyosis

Yet, you have tendered your ignorance.

Like I always do, I pity your soul with all your blasphemous statements?

@nossycheeks

Bird of a feather?

Let me not even go further, dont we have christians marrying more than one wive?

I leave you here because you dont know anything but trying to be mischievous. When you are ready with yuur sister babyosis, we will dig deep into both books and see the the reason, causes etc in the light of the Quran, OT and NT.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 25, 2007
babs787:

@babyosis

@nossycheeks

Bird of a feather?

Let me not even go further, don't we have christians marrying more than one wive?

I leave you here because you don't know anything but trying to be mischievous. When you are ready with yuur sister babyosis, we will dig deep into both books and see the the reason, causes etc in the light of the Quran, OT and NT.

simply answer the question and stop your usual ramblings.

Christians can only marry one wife,anyone who disobeys God in this is not sentenced to stoning!
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2007
babs787:

@babyosis

Who is the the blasphemous one? You or we? Methink you have not gone to Aro as earlier recommended.

@nossycheeks

Bird of a feather?

Let me not even go further, don't we have christians marrying more than one wive?

I leave you here because you don't know anything but trying to be mischievous. When you are ready with yuur sister babyosis, we will dig deep into both books and see the the reason, causes etc in the light of the Quran, OT and NT.

Are the christians that married more than one wife permitted to do that or are they doing their personal will which is against the will of God? That is different from the practice prescribed for moslems by Islam.

Let us know the causes please. And after sleeping with countless wives and tempos, you still have 72 virgins with self regenerating hymen to sleep with if you commit suicide. Is that all you people think of in Islam?

Please how can I get the self-regenarating hymen? I have lost mine!

I am sick and tired of your perverse religion.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by babs787(m): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2007
@nossycheek,

You should read your bible, the stories of some prophets that married more than one and some even had concubines

Now read Luke 20 v 27-36 and tell me your understanding of the verses
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by ibrahim007: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ babyosisi,it is a pity you don't know wat you are into,i've read many of ur dirty,insulting,and unrealistic views about islam the religion of peace,i bet it with you if you keep saying things you don't have a proof on wat you say,why should you keep on it?,i'm a muslim and it hurts me when you talk about my own religion,the religion of ALLAH,the religion of my father in such a manner.When the day of jugdement comes surely you'll account for all this mess i bet it with you.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by batu: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2007
babs787:

@nossycheek,
You should read your bible, the stories of some prophets that married more than one and some even had concubines
Now read Luke 20 v 27-36 and tell me your understanding of the verses

Hum,,,,okay let's see Luke 20 vs 27-36:

"(27) Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him, (28)Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
(29)There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. (30) And the second took her to wife, and he died childless. (31)And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died. (32) Last of all the woman died also. (33)Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife. (34)And Jesus answering said unto them, 'The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: (35)But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: (36) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

Now blabs787,
When I read the passage, the first thing that came to my head was: "For God sake grin, what is the problem of this blab787? and how is this issue of resurrection, and the levirate marriage custom according to the Mosaic law, related to the question of having multiple wives?"
Then it dawned on me that the reason a lot of peoples have uncomplimetary things to say about you, your questions and attitude, is simply because we try to reason with you on the assumption of the same level of understanding; and that is complicated by your usual arrogant I-know-it-all disposition. I therefore apologise for some names I have called you before. I will henceforth discountenance your attitude and when I have time, explain things as "simple" as possible to the best of my ability.
Now, the passage you quoted is about "resurrection of the dead", the Sadducees do not believe in angels and in resurrection or after-life; and as such they came to Jesus to ask him one of the various "trick" questions based on the custom of "Levirate marriage" as prescribed in the Mosaic law (Deuteronomy 25:5). This marriage refers to situations in which a married man dies without having children, his brother can marry the widow. Now if we even focus on the "levirate marriage", you can see from the explanation that it is very different from having 2 or more wives at a go and countless "handbags" through temporary marriage. BTW, before you run with that again, the custom of levirate marriage is NOT in Christianity.
However, the theme of the passage is on the resurrection, and you can see that Jesus taught on the resurrection of the saints in heaven, i.e in heaven there is neither marriage or giving out children in marriage, but we are like angles living in eternal glory of God and happiness. Compare to the lies of al-jannat with the promise of sex, sex and more sex, wine, beautiful boys, and food for 40 years on the table (i.e hedonism, glutony, pervertion, sodomy, etc). Hope this is simple enough for you, prof!
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by kellorah: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2007
babyosisi:

Christians can only marry one wife,anyone who disobeys God in this is not sentenced to stoning!
THANK YOU!!! wink

the thing about most muslims is that they keep making out they're PERFECT -praying 5 times a day, giving to charity, etc etc etc yet a majority of them are LIVING on benefit!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

gosh i cnt stand the extremists!!! angry
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2007
@batu

Thanks, for educating mallam babs787

@babs787

You are just rambling. I asked a simple and straight forward question which are you unable to answer instead you go about making wrong quotations.
Just In case you have been reading the Bible in "Arabic", know it that Christianity does not permit polygamy, pedophilia, divorce, homosexually (dan daudus) nor women being recycled in marriages upon marriages as practiced and ordained in Islam.

Abeg, you have not answered me, where can I get self generating hymen? I have lost mine.

ibrahim007
link=topic=48474.msg1067450#msg1067450 date=1177502772:

@ babyosisi,it is a pity you don't know what you are into,i've read many of your dirty,insulting,and unrealistic views about islam the religion of peace,i bet it with you if you keep saying things you don't have a proof on what you say,why should you keep on it?,i'm a muslim and it hurts me when you talk about my own religion,the religion of ALLAH,the religion of my father in such a manner.When the day of jugdement comes surely you'll account for all this mess i bet it with you.

You moslems are ones attacking christians first and when you are told the truth you start screaming Blue Murder.
There is only one judgement, that of God Almighty and we are all accountable for our deeds here on earth. So there is no need threatening anybody on this forum with your so called judgement. cool

Religion of peace ni, religion of peace ko. Hypocrites are so disgusting angry
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by babs787(m): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2007
@batu

When I read the passage, the first thing that came to my head was: "For God sake , what is the problem of this blab787? and how is this issue of resurrection, and the levirate marriage custom according to the Mosaic law, related to the question of having multiple wives?"
Then it dawned on me that the reason a lot of peoples have uncomplimetary things to say about you, your questions and attitude, is simply because we try to reason with you on the assumption of the same level of understanding; and that is complicated by your usual arrogant I-know-it-all disposition. I therefore apologise for some names I have called you before. I will henceforth discountenance your attitude and when I have time, explain things as "simple" as possible to the best of my ability.

Never mind, we are still friends grin grin

However, the theme of the passage is on the resurrection, and you can see that Jesus taught on the resurrection of the saints in heaven, i.e in heaven there is neither marriage or giving out children in marriage, but we are like angles living in eternal glory of God and happiness.

Wow, this is what I need. Jesus said we would be like angel and no sex in heaven. Please explain the verse below

RE 14:1-4 Heaven is to be inhabited in part by 144,000 virgin men who have not been "defiled" by women.

144,000 virgin!!!!!!!!!

@nossycheeks

@babs787

You are just rambling. I asked a simple and straight forward question which are you unable to answer instead you go about making wrong quotations.

You didnt ask like someone that wants to learn. If you want to, I would have told the reason behind it.

Just In case you have been reading the Bible in "Arabic", know it that Christianity does not permit polygamy, pedophilia, divorce, homosexually (dan daudus) nor women being recycled in marriages upon marriages as practiced and ordained in Islam.

Now lets see if God Jesus does not permit polygamy

God Jesus said:
mathew 5 v 17-18: Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.

Christians always say as an excuse "Oh this law doesn't exist in the New Testament, it is only the Old Testament." Well, according to Matthew 5:17-18 above, we clearly see that God Jesus honoured the Old Testament, and forces Christians to follow the unmodified laws of it.

Now lets read from the OT

Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons, "

The Old Testament as we clearly see above does indeed allow polygamy without a shadow of a doubt !!.

Abeg, you have not answered me, where can I get self generating hymen? I have lost mine.

Also the parable of the ten virgins supports polygamy

Let us look at Matthew 25:1-13

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1. At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

2. Five of them were foolish and five were wise.

3. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.

4. The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.

5. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6. At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

7. Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.

8. The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'

9. 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

10. But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11. Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

12. But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

13. Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

According to Jesus' parable, the bridegroom married 5 of the ten virgins! It seems also that Jesus in this parable really allowed for all women to be naked in one room with their one husband!!!

When the time comes, we will look at the stand of Jesus and paul on widow etc

cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ Ibrahim,challenge me to support any of my claims from the Koran and hadiths.
I have never made a claims that are false on this issue.
I'll give to you right from the mouths of Mohammed and allah.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2007
[b]Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3253:

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i. e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said: Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.[/b]

Mu'tah means enjoyment---(ref.6, p. 424)

MU'TAH. Lit. "Usufruct, enjoyment." A marriage contracted for a limited period, for a certain sum of money. Such marriages are still legal amongst the Shi'ahs, and exist in Persia (Malcom's Persia vol.II.p. 591) to the present day, but they are said to be unlawful by the Sunnis. They were permitted by the Arabian Prophet at Autas, and are undoubtedly the greatest stain upon the moral legislation but the Sunnis say that he afterwards prohibited a mu'tah marriage at Khaibar (Vide Mishkat, book xii. Ch iv. Pt2.).
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2007
look at mutah marriage in action.
A woman divorced her husband,married another whom she divorced before consummation and wanted to remarry her first husband,Mo said no,she must sleep with the second husband.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3357:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about a woman whom a man married and then divorced her, and then she married (another) person, and she was divorced before sexual intercourse with her, whether it was lawful for her first husband (to marry her in this state). He (the Holy Prophet) said: No, until he has tasted her sweetness.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2007
Now if you hate the hadiths,see what allah says in the Koran,3 translations for clarity

YUSUFALI: So if a husband divorces his wife (irrevocably), He cannot, after that, re-marry her until after she has married another husband and He has divorced her. In that case there is no blame on either of them if they re-unite, provided they feel that they can keep the limits ordained by Allah. Such are the limits ordained by Allah, which He makes plain to those who understand.

PICKTHAL: And if he hath divorced her (the third time), then she is not lawful unto him thereafter until she hath wedded another husband. Then if he (the other husband) divorce her it is no sin for both of them that they come together again if they consider that they are able to observe the limits of Allah. These are the limits of Allah. He manifesteth them for people who have knowledge.

SHAKIR: So if he divorces her she shall not be lawful to him afterwards until she marries another husband; then if he divorces her there is no blame on them both if they return to each other (by marriage), if they think that they can keep within the limits of Allah, and these are the limits of Allah which He makes clear for a people who know.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
babs787:

However, the theme of the passage is on the resurrection, and you can see that Jesus taught on the resurrection of the saints in heaven, i.e in heaven there is neither marriage or giving out children in marriage, but we are like angles living in eternal glory of God and happiness.

Wow, this is what I need. Jesus said we would be like angel and no sex in heaven. Please explain the verse below

RE 14:1-4 Heaven is to be inhabited in part by 144,000 virgin men who have not been "defiled" by women.

144,000 virgin!!!!!!!!!

For sex wirh sex regenerating hymen?

from babs787

@babs787

Now lets see if God Jesus does not permit polygamy

God Jesus said:
mathew 5 v 17-18: Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.

Christians always say as an excuse "Oh this law doesn't exist in the New Testament, it is only the Old Testament." Well, according to Matthew 5:17-18 above, we clearly see that God Jesus honoured the Old Testament, and forces Christians to follow the unmodified laws of it.

Now lets read from the OT

Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons, "

The Old Testament as we clearly see above does indeed allow polygamy without a shadow of a doubt !!.

Also the parable of the ten virgins supports polygamy

Let us look at Matthew 25:1-13

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1. At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

2. Five of them were foolish and five were wise.

3. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.

4. The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.

5. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6. At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

7. Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.

8. The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'

9. 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

10. But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11. Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

12. But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

13. Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

According to Jesus' parable, the bridegroom married 5 of the ten virgins! It seems also that Jesus in this parable really allowed for all women to be naked in one room with their one husband!!!

When the time comes, we will look at the stand of Jesus and paul on widow etc

cheesy cheesy

You are definitely reasoning upside down! tongue

babyosisi:

[b]Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3253:

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i. e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said: Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.[/b]

Mu'tah means enjoyment---(ref.6, p. 424)

MU'TAH. Lit. "Usufruct, enjoyment." A marriage contracted for a limited period, for a certain sum of money. Such marriages are still legal amongst the Shi'ahs, and exist in Persia (Malcom's Persia vol.II.p. 591) to the present day, but they are said to be unlawful by the Sunnis. They were permitted by the Arabian Prophet at Autas, and are undoubtedly the greatest stain upon the moral legislation but the Sunnis say that he afterwards prohibited a mu'tah marriage at Khaibar (Vide Mishkat, book xii. Ch iv. Pt2.).

Disgusting

babyosisi:

look at mutah marriage in action.
A woman divorced her husband,married another whom she divorced before consummation and wanted to remarry her first husband,Mo said no,she must sleep with the second husband.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3357:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about a woman whom a man married and then divorced her, and then she married (another) person, and she was divorced before sexual intercourse with her, whether it was lawful for her first husband (to marry her in this state). He (the Holy Prophet) said: No, until he has tasted her sweetness.

Frowns. The thing go don sour now or do they have self regenarating hymen.

babyosisi:

Now if you hate the hadiths,see what allah says in the Koran,3 translations for clarity

YUSUFALI: So if a husband divorces his wife (irrevocably), He cannot, after that, re-marry her until after she has married another husband and He has divorced her. In that case there is no blame on either of them if they re-unite, provided they feel that they can keep the limits ordained by Allah. Such are the limits ordained by Allah, which He makes plain to those who understand.

PICKTHAL: And if he hath divorced her (the third time), then she is not lawful unto him thereafter until she hath wedded another husband. Then if he (the other husband) divorce her it is no sin for both of them that they come together again if they consider that they are able to observe the limits of Allah. These are the limits of Allah. He manifesteth them for people who have knowledge.

SHAKIR: So if he divorces her she shall not be lawful to him afterwards until she marries another husband; then if he divorces her there is no blame on them both if they return to each other (by marriage), if they think that they can keep within the limits of Allah, and these are the limits of Allah which He makes clear for a people who know.

No wonder Uwa daya, Uba goma. What a stinking way of life! shocked she throws up,
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by babs787(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2007
@noosycheeks, you didnt say anything to the contradictory statement made BY Jesus as to the position of bein on that day and polygamy in the bible

@babyosis

firstly, what does the verse meant to you?

secondly on Muta marriage, why did your authors lift one hadith in order to deceive you and never complete it?

It seems you just lifted without reading, if you care, this is what is in the last sentence

So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) declared it forbidden.  (Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 8, Number 3253)"

You see that it had been banned, so no hiding place for you.

Narrated 'Ali: "I said to Ibn 'Abbas, 'During the battle of Khaibar the Prophet forbade (Nikah) Al-Mut'a [Temporary Marriage in English] and the eating of donkey's meat.'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Wedlock, Marriage (Nikaah), Volume 7, Book 62, Number 50)"

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah and Salama bin Al-Akwa': "While we were in an army, Allah's Apostle came to us and said, "You have been allowed to do the Mut'a (marriage), so do it." Salama bin Al-Akwa' said: Allah's Apostle's said, "If a man and a woman agree (to marry temporarily), their marriage should last for three nights, and if they like to continue, they can do so; and if they want to separate, they can do so." I do not know whether that was only for us or for all the people in general. Abu Abdullah (Al-Bukhari) said: 'Ali made it clear that the Prophet said, "The Mut'a marriage has been cancelled (made unlawful)."  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Wedlock, Marriage (Nikaah), Volume 7, Book 62, Number 52)"

Narrated Saburah ibn Ma'bad al-Juhani: "The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited temporary marriage with women.  (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Book 11, Number 2068)"  

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 527:

Narrated 'Ali bin Abi Talib:

On the day of Khaibar, Allah's Apostle forbade the Mut'a (i.e. temporary marriage) and the eating of donkey-meat.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3259:

Rabi' b. Sabra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3260:

Rabi' b. Sabra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade on the Day of Victory to contract temporary marriage
with women. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Rabi' b. Sabra that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade to contracf temporary marriage with women at the time of Victory, and that his father had contracted the marriage for two red cloaks.

Book 021, Number 4763:

'Ali b. Abi Talib reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) forbade on the Day of Khaibar temporary marriage (Muta') with women and the eating of the flesh of domestic asses.

Book 008, Number 3262:

Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage and said: Behold, it is forbidden from this very day of yours to the Day of Resurrection, and he who has given something (as a dower) should not take it back.

Are you ok that it has been banned. Now read the reason dear

The reason why temporary marriage was allowed is to prevent illegal sex, prostitution and rape especially during the early times of Islam when Muslims didn't have residence stability and were facing all kinds of difficulties from the pagans.  The Muslim men used to also travel for long months away from their families to meet the enemy in the battle field.  Some of the towns they used to go to had Muslim women in them, and like I said, to prevent adultery and fornication with any woman (Muslim or non-Muslim), and to prevent rape, the Prophet peace be upon him allowed temporary marriage contracts between Muslim men and women.

When the Muslim state became stable during our Prophet's time, he then forbade that act because Muslims then could get married and have stable lives with their families and raise Children in a stable and convenient community.  

Are you ok now?  cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2007
OK babs,allah allowed temporary marriages and later changed his mind and forbade them,I quoted that already.
Remember however that is Sunni doctrine,the shittees still have temp marriages. grin

You want me to accept that mutah marriages are no longer allowed though they previously were and you continually find it difficult to understand that old testament laws are not applicable to Christians since Christ fullfilled the law,he said it himself.
You keep asking if God of the Bible changes his mind despite the explanations,can I assume that Allah changes also?
You see,when you ask questions that are ridiculous,you should be ready to receive same.

Ok babs,make sure you marry just one wife,I'm very sure you can't handle more than one especially if you're blessed enough to land a great woman like babyosisi cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Pain(m): 4:49am On Apr 27, 2007
As Much As Your GREED Demands.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by babs787(m): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2007
@babyosis,

OK babs,allah allowed temporary marriages and later changed his mind and forbade them,I quoted that already.
Remember however that is Sunni doctrine,the shittees still have temp marriages.

Let me have it from the Quran or anywhere where it is allowed.

You want me to accept that mutah marriages are no longer allowed though they previously were and you continually find it difficult to understand that old testament laws are not applicable to Christians since Christ fullfilled the law,he said it himself.

baby, what blasphemy is that? Old testament is not applicable to Christians again!! What did God Jesus say concerning OT, ddidnt he say that he didnt come to annul it? Since you find it hard to understand the reason for the muta marriage which was explained above, I am now asking you that why did God Jesus made law in the OT and you refused following it today and why did he abrogate some of the laws. Let me have your response.

You keep asking if God of the Bible changes his mind despite the explanations,can I assume that Allah changes also?
You see,when you ask questions that are ridiculous,you should be ready to receive same.

Same explanation as above. Ok you have agreed that abrogation is in the bible too and you have agreed also that some laws are made according to the situation of things therein. grin grin

Ok babs,make sure you marry just one wife,I'm very sure you can't handle more than one especially if you're blessed enough to land a great woman like babyosisi

Is that an advice cheesy? Babs doesnt need that. nossycheek didnt ask question, if she had, I would have explained, there are reasons that allows polygamy and the reasons too can be be applied in christianity too. So you dont know that one wife is one problem, two wives two problems, etc. What is great about babyosis sef, abeg make I hear word jare grin grin. Babyosis is not different from every other woman jare kiss kiss

Some do indulge in polygamy in order to satisfy their selfish desires and Allah said at the tail end that no man will be able to do equality among the wives and if you can not do that, it will be better for you to stick to one in order not to offend the creator.

Honestly, I missed Shahan so much.My regards to her and May God be with her wherever she is. (Amen)

Can somebody shout em 3 Halleluyahs?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by mazaje(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2007
Religıon is a very dangerous thing
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2007
babs787:

Is that an advice cheesy? Babs doesnt need that. nossycheek didnt ask question, if she had, I would have explained, there are reasons that allows polygamy and the reasons too can be be applied in christianity too. So you don't know that one wife is one problem, two wives two problems, etc. What is great about babyosis sef, abeg make I hear word jare grin grin. Babyosis is not different from every other woman jare kiss kiss

Some do indulge in polygamy in order to satisfy their selfish desires and Allah said at the tail end that no man will be able to do equality among the wives and if you can not do that, it will be better for you to stick to one in order not to offend the creator.

what do you mean. I asked a question and instead of telling you got no answers you went about throwing the bombs that you should have reserved until you are ready for your 72 virgins.

Anyway, how can I get the self regenarating hymen? Like I said before, I have lost mine.

Can somebody shout em 3 Halleluyahs

Why not allah akbar?
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Nobody: 12:49am On May 03, 2007
nossycheek:

what do you mean. I asked a question and instead of telling you got no answers you went about throwing the bombs that you should have reserved until you are ready for your 72 virgins.

Anyway, how can I get the self regenarating hymen? Like I said before, I have lost mine.

Why not allah akbar?

why not allah arched bar! (across one's neck)
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2008
Quote from: babs787 on April 27, 2007, 08:36 AM
Is that an advice ? Babs doesnt need that. nossycheek didnt ask question, if she had, I would have explained, there are reasons that allows polygamy and the reasons too can be be applied in christianity too. So you don't know that one wife is one problem, two wives two problems, etc. What is great about babyosis sef, abeg make I hear word jare . Babyosis is not different from every other woman jare

Some do indulge in polygamy in order to satisfy their selfish desires and God said at the tail end that no man will be able to do equality among the wives and if you can not do that, it will be better for you to stick to one in order not to offend the creator.

Do you mean to say that the practice is unislamic. Pls concur
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by olabowale(m): 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2008
Having 4 wives at any single time is not unislamic. But having more at anytime is unIslamic. But a man can have just one wife or more but higher than 4 at anytime. Also it is not acceptable for a person who could get maried to not do so.

So to ignore the fact that Mu/hammad (as) was the prophet and messenger who came after Jesus (as), does not change the fact. Al/lah is sufficient as a Witness.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2008
olabowale:

Having 4 wives at any single time is not unislamic. But having more at anytime is unIslamic. But a man can have just one wife or more but higher than 4 at anytime. Also it is not acceptable for a person who could get maried to not do so.

So to ignore the fact that Mu/hammad (as) was the prophet and messenger who came after Jesus (as), does not change the fact. Al/lah is sufficient as a Witness.

But he can always divorce one or two and marry one or two. The equation remains balanced grin
My bible did not tell me that any other prophet came after Jesus
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by nossycheek(f): 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2008
from olabowale
@Cgift: A married man sleeps with his wives, One woman at a time. There is no orgies in Is/lam. And one husband is not 10 husbands, duuh. And one woman is never more than One wife! To have the strength of 30 men is a virtue. That should have registered into your heart that he was no ordinary man.

Remember Samson? Even me have more strength than you, Cgift. Afterall, you can not handle more than one woman. I can! I guess I know women. And you don't. You are very "green!" Even my beard knows women more than you. Unless you are into illicit sex, then you may be better.

Cgift; Don't humor me.
Re: How Many Wives/husbands Are Muslims Entitled To In A Lifetime? by Frizy(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2008
Firstly, for those who think Isl'am is all about marrying four wives and divorcing them, you're wrong. No religious Mu'slim man will divorce four women for the sake of having a new taste of women. I don't know why people (Christians) don't seem to understand that marrying more women is better than the adultery most of their married men and women pursuit. Not all men are alike some may be satisfied with one woman while others may not.

The wicked thought that the poster posted saying you're able to recycle women as long as you don't marry four at a time is just another way of knowing that you don't know anything about Isla'm, because no devoted Musl'im will do such. And God Himself dislikes divorce

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Those Going Through A Tough Time / Minarets To Go In Switzerland! / Annulling Engagement Because Of A Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.