Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition (979 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by TMemos: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2010
http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64067:go-to-hell-ive-won-2011-polls-alao-akala-tells-opposition&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794

“I have already won the 2011 election and none of the opposition groups can come near me. We have unseated some people who sat here and we are now on seat. So, who is going to unseat us? The (People’s Democratic Party) PDP has won already”

Those were the words of the Oyo State governor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, during the week while declaring himself winner even before the conduct of the polls.

Alao-Akala, who declared that his second-term ambition is already a fait accompli also tactically pronounced the death of rival groups within the PDP as well as opposition parties in the state.

He made the bold declaration during the monthly chat with correspondents in the state held at the Agodi Government Secretariat, Ibadan, last Wednesday.

Discountenancing the series of allegations bordering on financial misappropriation, high-handedness against workers in the state, as well as allegations of masterminding the assassinations from high and low, Alao-Akala told those opposing his second term ambition to perish the thought.

Exuding confidence, the Oyo governor said, “I have already won the 2011 election. None of them can come near me. Where will they come from? Where will they start? There is no where I cannot walk tall in this state. I have touched the lives of everybody in many areas of this state. Who among all the past governors can claim to have achieved more than I have done? They are only carrying out character assassination against me. They can do nothing. At 28, I had slept in a very popular hotel overseas. I bought and rode a Mercedes Benz with registration number OY 55 at 29. I bought it for N16, 000 from Leventis cash down. So, what is their problem? I have been in this government since 1999 and I have made great impacts. A ti ti oje bo olosa lowo, o ku baba eni to maa bo ( I have been given the power already and there is no one that can take it away from me).

Alao-Akala did not hide his feelings regarding his support for President Goodluck Jonathan to run for president in 2011, as he said the President is qualified and certainly the best of all. “And I am one of the governors strongly in his support,” he said.

Asked however why some of his aides openly supported the campaign for former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd) for president in the awareness programme organised recently in Ibadan, Alao-Akala said those that were seen were insignificant in his government.

According to him, “those you saw at the campaign venue are not even part of my first 11. They are not part of my think- tank at all. Would I have asked any of them to represent me at such an occasion? No! They are by the grace of God those I just want to have a bit of the action. They are adults and not minors, though. So, they are responsible for their action. President Jonathan is my choice and by the grace of God, he is going to contest in 2011,” he affirmed.

At the “IBB for President 2011” held at the KS Motel, Total Garden, Ibadan, coordinated by Alhaji Hazeem Gbolarumi, his erstwhile deputy during the illegal 11- month reign, were Akala’s chairman of the Trans City Transport Corporation (TCTC) Alhaji Sina Alabi, a Special Adviser Alhaji Laide Busari, Vice Chairman, Muslim Welfare Board , Alhaji Abass Oloko, widow of Alao-Akala’s late godfather, Chief Bose Adedibu, all being members of the ruling PDP in the state.

Other notable members who did not hide their separation from Alao-Akala’s group ahead of the next general elections were the following: former Chairman, Akinyele Local Government, Chief Yemi Aderibigbe, former Chairman, Ibadan South East Local Government, Hon. Akeem Ige, Major Salawu, Chief Alimi Yusuff, Alhaji Dauda Oladapo, Alhaji Kabir Adesokan, representative of Gani Adams’ faction of the Odua Peoples Congress (OPC), Alhaji Tajudeen Babalola, Alhaja Latifat Latifu, among others.
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by miketobo: 9:48am On Jul 24, 2010
Have you even won an election before The fault is not yours but the people that reside in that state,
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by papagiddy(m): 11:08am On Jul 26, 2010
well, we are watching!!
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by Gbawe: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2010
miketobo:

Have you even won an election before The fault is not yours but the people that reside in that state,

How is it their fault when the PDP never allow votes to count? Did we not see what happened in Ekiti with even Jonathan joining the thuggish desperation to rig in Oni despite how the good people of Ekiti made it crystal clear it was Fayemi they wanted?

Alao-Akala knnows that he will rig the Guber election despite monumental failure as a leader. He can speak as he does secure in the knowledge that he will be backed by the PDP rigging machine (consisting INEC, the Presidency, the Judiciary, the Police, Army, SSS, etc, etc) that Nigerians have always found difficult to fight and defeat.
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by philip0906(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2010
Its d culture of political thuggery in d south west(no pun intended).so d people already c it as a way of life dats y they keep shut. undecided
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by houvest: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2010
Cry my beloved Country. See your type of Governors. Weep.
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by nulldev: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
philip0906:

Its d culture of political thuggery in d south west(no pun intended).so d people already c it as a way of life dats y they keep shut. undecided

What was the pun that wasn't intended?
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by yemmight(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2010
Alao Akala. He doesn't have single initiative.
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2010
Vagabonds in power !!!
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
Am afraid, very afraid of the politics of 2011 in the South-West especially my beloved state - Ogun and Oyo states
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by KnowAll(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
[size=14pt]This Akala must be living in Cukoo land, he is at loggerhead with the Alaafin of Oyo and the Monarch of Ibadan is not also a friend, Ibadan which consists of half the population of the state is not behind you, Oyo Town is not, the Oke-Oguns the Shaki's and Iseyin's are indifferent yet he thinks he is going to win with the backing of only Ogbomosho.

We shall see the magic formula he is planning on using unfold b4 our very eyes. This man is a goner already hence him crying wolf b4 the whistle is even blown.[/size]
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by asha80(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]This Akala must be living in Cukoo land, he is at loggerhead with the Alaafin of Oyo and the Monarch of Ibadan is not also a friend, Ibadan which consists of half the population of the state is not behind you, Oyo Town is not, the Oke-Oguns the Shaki's and Iseyin's are indifferent yet he thinks he is going to win with the backing of only Ogbomosho.

We shall see the magic formula he is planning on using unfold b4 our very eyes. This man is a goner already hence him crying wolf b4 the whistle is even blown.[/size]

You think it is by voting

Has the adedibu thugging machinery disappeared

Has the amala politics declined
Re: Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2010
ilugunboy:

Am afraid, very afraid of the politics of 2011 in the South-West especially my beloved state - Ogun and Oyo states
i don't think ogun would be as hot as we may think cuz sooner or later EFCC would go after daniel.we can only analyse what's going to happen after the state congress has been conducted.i'm sure the egba would produce the next governor and i dont think daniel has the might to stop that.

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Join Issues With Obasanjo – Ibb / The Best Nigerian Political Ad Campaign So Far / Ribadu Vs Jonathan Vs Buhari. Which One Is Good For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.