Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (13681 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Fg Releases N15bn To Police For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by shadrach77: 6:58pm On May 02, 2010
Ojukwu backs IBB for president in 2011
| Print | E-mail
Written by Jude Ossai

AHEAD of 2011 general elections, the Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu on Saturday threw his weight behind General Ibrahim Babangida’s presidential ambition, saying the former military president should be given a second chance to rule the country.

Chief Ojukwu said he was convinced that General Babanginda had the required qualities that could take the country to greater heights, adding that the former military ruler remains a strong voice politically in the country.

The Ikemba who stated this when he received a delegation of Campaign Network for IBB (CNI) led by Chief Peter Dada Osadebay in his residence in Enugu, said Babangida remains his bosom friend.

It was gathered that Chief Ojukwu had cut short his stay at Nnewi where he is mourning his late second wife to receive the pro-IBB group in Enugu. He headed back immediately to his country home after saying farewell to his visitors.

Among the dignitaries that visited Ojukwu were Chief Emeka Ani [south East coordinator of the campaign}, Chief Anike Agbo, Alhaji Nurudeen Gasali Babatunde, Chief Anike Nwoga, Chief Anike Nwaba .

Briefing reporters shortly after a close door meeting with Ojukwu, the National President of the Pro-IBB group, Chief Osabebay, said that Ojukwu’s comments on Babangida was encouraging, stressing that Ikemba had promised to work with the former military leader.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by k4kenny(f): 7:26pm On May 02, 2010
what does the ikemba stand to gain from this, the sovreign country of Biafra? dream on loser angry
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by mamagee3(f): 9:08pm On May 02, 2010
Who still listens to Ojukwu these days?
Isn't it obvious his brain isn't working the way it used to?
undecided
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 11:57pm On May 02, 2010
mama-gee:

undecided

Are you not even ashamed that you have already gone senile at your age.
Better go back to the romantic section where you can post your two liners with a retarded and epileptic brain.

k4kenny:

what does the ikemba stand to gain from this, the sovreign country of Biafra? dream on loser angry

I can see where the frustration of you Yoruba man is coming from;however, let it be known to you today that Ndigbo do not care about your
moro-nic feelings.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by EzeUche(m): 12:04am On May 03, 2010
mama-gee:

undecided

You Igbo ashawo is a disgrace to our people. Did you even read the article before you passed you judgement on our hero angry

I mean really, he simply stated that if the people support him, then he will go along with the voice of the people. Good Lord. You are one daft Igbo girl.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 12:25am On May 03, 2010
Ezeuche please delete that comment, it is an eye-sore.

We have respect for women in the South East please, you comment is unacceptable.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by TewMuch: 12:36am On May 03, 2010
The traitor to his own people is at work again. Always dined with IBB. I dont see how he can still be seen as a hero. He is just a regular human being, and an opportunist. Lets call a spade a spade. Who in their right mind will back IBB. As they say, money talks bullshit walks. You can imagine what he would have done in the country of biafra, hmm. Appointed himself king, and brought in the northerners to rape his people for money.lmao. lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by EzeUche(m): 12:48am On May 03, 2010
TewMuch:

The traitor to his own people is at work again. Always dined with IBB. I dont see how he can still be seen as a hero. He is just a regular human being, and an opportunist. Lets call a spade a spade. Who in their right mind will back IBB. As they say, money talks bullshit walks. You can imagine what he would have done in the country of biafra, hmm. Appointed himself king, and brought in the northerners to despoil his people for money.lmao. lipsrsealed

Shut your filthy Yoruba mouth. Can't you read If said if the people support him, then he will follow the people.

Ojukwu will always be a true Igbo leader!!! You hear me, he will always be a TRUE IGBO leader. Only the Hausa-Fulani have leaders who can unite their people besides the Igbo.

I know how you Yorubas hate the fact that our leader is still breathing but he will continue to be seen as a leader to ALL IGBO people!!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by TewMuch: 12:54am On May 03, 2010
It appears you cannot read. You are a fool. I know all Igbo's do not descend to your level. My dear you are a big idiot. Hausa's will Bleep you in the arse again. Its so interesting to see you Biafra supporters get bleeped over and over in the arse. Dimwits. grin. Ojukwu the leader of dimwits, until you learn to work with others, your ambitions will always fail. Babangida will never be president, and your Ojukwu will be seen as a fool all over again. What a laughing stock. And by the way, no one cares about what you have to say. Your opinions are juvenile.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by sulad82i(m): 12:59am On May 03, 2010
EzeUche:

Shut your filthy Yoruba mouth. Can't you read If said [size=18pt]if the people support him, then he will follow the people[/size].

Ojukwu will always be a true Igbo leader!!! You hear me, he will always be a TRUE IGBO leader. Only the Hausa-Fulani have leaders who can unite their people besides the Igbo.

I know how you Yorubas hate the fact that our leader is still breathing but he will continue to be seen as a leader to ALL IGBO people!!!

Eze, ur mouth too much, look like kettle own (long) and sharp like a dagger,

So from what was said, I guess u r just reiterating that he is just a big fool that follows the crowd not a proper head figure to move the crowd.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by EzeUche(m): 12:59am On May 03, 2010
TewMuch:

It appears you cannot read. You are a fool. I know all Igbo's do not descend to your level. My dear you are a big idiot. Hausa's will bleep you in the arse again. Its so interesting to see you Biafra supporters get bleeped over and over in the arse. Dimwits. grin. Ojukwu the leader of dimwits, until you learn to work with others, your ambitions will always fail. Babangida will never be president, and your Ojukwu will be seen as a fool all over again. What a laughing stock. And by the way, no one cares about what you have to say. Your opinions are juvenile.

You foolish Yoruba always try to tell us Igbos how we should feel about Ojukwu. Shut your filthy stinking Yoruba mouth you hear me!!! angry I wont bend over backwards for the Hausa like you Yoruba house boys would do for your Hausa masters. Remember who sided with the Hausa and who fought against them. We Igbos are not afraid of the jihadist up north. If your arse could read, you can see that Ojukwu did not give his support to IBB, but simply said that it is up to the people.

And IBB scares the hell out of you Yorubas. It is quite funny. Still having hard feelings over Abiola? And let us not forget the likes of Abacha who hated you Yorubas like no one else. You all did nothing even though he was killing your politicians left and right.

The easiest way to scare a Yoruba is mention Ojukwu, Biafra, or even Abacha. These fools would wet their pants.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by sulad82i(m): 1:05am On May 03, 2010
EzeUche:

You foolish Yoruba always try to tell us Igbos how we should feel about Ojukwu. Shut your filthy stinking Yoruba mouth you hear me!!! angry I wont bend over backwards for the Hausa like you Yoruba house boys would do for your Hausa masters. Remember who sided with the Hausa and who fought against them. We Igbos are not afraid of the jihadist up north. If your arse could read, you can see that Ojukwu did not give his support to IBB, but simply said that it is up to the people.

And IBB scares the hell out of you Yorubas. It is quite funny. Still having hard feelings over Abiola? And let us not forget the likes of Abacha who hated you Yorubas like no one else. You all did nothing even though he was killing your politicians left and right.

The easiest way to scare a Yoruba is mention Ojukwu, Biafra, or even Abacha. These fools would wet their pants.

Cheiiii, Chineke meeee. Now I see why Alaba and Yaba are filled with Igbo boys. them get mouth too much. haba
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bidemi12(m): 1:15am On May 03, 2010
EzeUche:

Typical igbo man/mentality/comment, keep it up grin
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by ibabalol: 1:23am On May 03, 2010
OJukwu supporting IBB? the name of that
alliance is called " Loser's Club"
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by EzeUche(m): 1:27am On May 03, 2010
bidemi12:

Typical igbo man/mentality/comment, keep it up grin

Just bring it on Yoruba.

Hey I have two words for you. grin

Boo!!! Biafra and Ojukwu!!! I know it scared you. cool
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by OJ2010: 1:27am On May 03, 2010
Eze,
It seems to me that you are a core tribalist always attacking other tribes even at the expense of objectivity.
Please we need to move beyond this ethnicity stuff. It is ethnicity and religion that the elites are using to manipulate us for their selfish interest.
You can imagine what is going on in Ibori's case, its now a case of leave our son alone despite that serious allegations against him. The same happened during Alam's case.
All well meaning Nigerians should think about this.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by hackney(m): 1:29am On May 03, 2010
Nigeria sha.
We are still recycling old dirt.
have we not had enough of these people that keep re-ocurring
in politics with no positive impact?

what is wrong with having 'newer' politicians that are in touch with today's world other
than these very old people stuck in the '60's.

Im sure that a lot of these old farts expect to be bowed down to, not asked questions, etc.

I think we should emulate some african countries that got rid of their 'obstacles' permanently.

These old corrupt-riddled old dogs sicken me.
THEY ARE NO USE TO THE COMMON MAN!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bidemi12(m): 1:33am On May 03, 2010
EzeUche:

Just bring it on Yoruba.

Hey I have two words for you. grin

Boo!!! Biafra and Ojukwu!!! I know it scared you. cool

See how @#$$%%% you are? just because my id is bidemi automatically means i'm yoruba, like i said typical igbo man, always looking for a fight, always jumping to conclusions, thank God presidency far from una, wink
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by EzeUche(m): 1:35am On May 03, 2010
OJ2010:

Eze,
It seems to me that you are a core tribalist always attacking other tribes even at the expense of objectivity.
Please we need to move beyond this ethnicity stuff. It is ethnicity and religion that the elites are using to manipulate us for their selfish interest.
You can imagine what is going on in Ibori's case, its now a case of leave our son alone despite that serious allegations against him. The same happened during Alam's case.
All well meaning Nigerians should think about this.

Of course I am a core tribalist. If being proud of ones ethnic group and caring about the well being of my ethnic group, then I am definitely a core tribalist. Just like your famous leader Awo, was a CORE TRIBALIST, that is how I feel about my people.

When so many people hate my people for just being Igbo, of course I will turn my nose at other groups. And you think we Igbos will forget Biafra? That is pure rubbish. I lost too many of my family members to forget even though I was not born during that time.

I will always be a Biafran!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by EzeUche(m): 1:36am On May 03, 2010
bidemi12:

See how @#$$%%% you are? just because my id is bidemi automatically means i'm yoruba, like i said typical igbo man, always looking for a fight, always jumping to conclusions, thank God presidency far from una, wink

If it walks like a Yoruba, talks like a Yoruba, speaks like a Yoruba, then it must be a Yoruba to me. Typical Yoruba man, always running from a fight.

We already seen what the Yoruba have been able to produce for the presidency and frankly, we were not impressed. OBJ was the best you all could produce? Ha ha ha!!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by agabaI23(m): 1:37am On May 03, 2010
Ikemba, this is not a good way of getting one back at the south south people.

Ihe gara aga agaala
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bidemi12(m): 1:45am On May 03, 2010
EzeUche:

If it walks like a Yoruba, talks like a Yoruba, speaks like a Yoruba, then it must be a Yoruba to me. Typical Yoruba man, always running from a fight.

We already seen what the Yoruba have been able to produce for the presidency and frankly, we were not impressed. OBJ was the best you all could produce? Ha ha ha!!!

My guy, what do you know about fighting? Na small piking de do you? when you see correct fight wey bullet de whiz over your head constantly na im you go know wetin be fight, anyway i just see your profile, 22 abi? na small pikind de you? Grow up,
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by OJ2010: 1:49am On May 03, 2010
Eze,
It was unfortunate that you lost so many people in that war.
But you that had not been born during Biafra will definately be very young during Awolowo's life to conclude he was a tribalist. I beg to disagree with you on this. Anyway nobody is saying you should not love your people but you have to try to be fair to other tribes in your dealings.
I know you must have been told a lot of stories about Biafra and even politics of 1st and 2nd republic so i can appreciate where your coming from with your views but you need to do a rethink.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by AloyEmeka5: 1:50am On May 03, 2010
[size=14pt]NIGERIA CIVIL WAR XXI[/size]

[center]IGBO VS YORUBA[/center]

FIGHT ON BROS
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by TewMuch: 1:57am On May 03, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

[size=14pt]NIGERIA CIVIL WAR XXI[/size]

[center]IGBO VS YORUBA[/center]

FIGHT ON BROS
grin grin grin grin grin

Biggest Instigator on Nairaland. EzeUche is suffering from mouth diarrhea. Small boy wey dem give internet to just dey come dey yarn rubbish. lol, he should be ignored Bidemi, he is like a small child looking for attention. He needs to re think his life, and be a lot more positive. Such negativity will soon make him kill himself, and i hope he does us all a favor and do it very soon. His comments are sooo stupid. rotflmao. Just because people let him yarn nonsense, doesnt mean they are fools or pushovers. Just shows they let you air your opinion so they can assess your level of thinking, and relevance. EzeUche is an ignorant, irrelevant, boaster. Full of a lot of hot air.lol.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bidemi12(m): 2:00am On May 03, 2010
After basic training and AIT, (six years ago) I got my posting and the first officer i reported to was a captain. As i approached him his features were oddly familiar. When i got within range i gave my salute and lo and behold when the officer uttered "at ease" i was amazed to find out he was igbo. Can you imagine an igbo captain in the US army. And not just a mere captain. this guy was a highly trainned army engineer, the level that would make Nigerian proffs feel like secondary school boys. I told him i never thought i would meet a Nigerian talk less of an igbo man with such responsibilities and position in the US army. He said i had not seen anything yet. I later found out that there were higher ranked Nigerian soldiers there. I asked him about his opinion on matters in Nigeria and the biafra aspiration. You know what he said? "dont mind those fools who through no fault of theirs have not seen a better option and have been brainwashed through poverty to believe in someone elses agenda. Six years later fools are still pushing the f.ucked up agenda, God save us.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by TewMuch: 2:05am On May 03, 2010
bidemi12:

After basic training and AIT, (six years ago) I got my posting and the first officer i reported to was a captain. As i approached him his features were oddly familiar. When i got within range i gave my salute and lo and behold when the officer uttered "at ease" i was amazed to find out he was igbo. Can you imagine an igbo captain in the US army. And not just a mere captain. this guy was a highly trainned army engineer, the level that would make Nigerian proffs feel like secondary school boys. I told him i never thought i would meet a Nigerian talk less of an igbo man with such responsibilities and position in the US army. He said i had not seen anything yet. I later found out that there were higher ranked Nigerian soldiers there. I asked him about his opinion on matters in Nigeria and the biafra aspiration. You know what he said? "dont mind those fools who through no fault of theirs have not seen a better option and have been brainwashed through poverty to believe in someone elses agenda. Six years later fools are still pushing the f.ucked up agenda, God save us.

Haha, he needs to emancipate himself from mental slavery and realise that human beings only work on self interest. Ojukwu doesnt give a crap about him, but his interest in becoming the king of Biafra. I wish all of the Biafra supporters well, and a safe transition into Biafra. Dimwits. Ojukwu is almost reaching his grave, i wonder who the next flag bearer is, EzeUche maybe? Am sure he knows that is the only way he can ever chop money, and he is not smart enough to compete and win elections in Nigeria. grin grin cheesy
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by ayettymama(f): 2:09am On May 03, 2010
im seriously saddened theres nothing more this man can do to destroy nigeria, why the hell are they encouraging him?? wtf is goin on??

we might as well be ruled my monarchs or the military-- seriously this soo called democracy is fooling nobody

nigerians can be rather ignorant with thier votes- ibb bein experienced can win these people over- most are poor and uneducated and will be turned on by money

instead of thinkin abt what this man has done b4-- ghana is lookin like heaven to me right now the way nigeria is goin!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Mantled(m): 2:18am On May 03, 2010
wonders will never cease, ! ojukwu of all people, backing up a northerner for presidency anyway i just hope his motives are genuine
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bidemi12(m): 2:27am On May 03, 2010
TewMuch:

Haha, he needs to emancipate himself from mental slavery and realise that human beings only work on self interest. Ojukwu doesnt give a crap about him, but his interest in becoming the king of Biafra. I wish all of the Biafra supporters well, and a safe transition into Biafra. Dimwits. Ojukwu is almost reaching his grave, i wonder who the next flag bearer is, EzeUche maybe? Am sure he knows that is the only way he can ever chop money, and he is not smart enough to compete and win elections in Nigeria. grin grin cheesy

grin
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 2:37am On May 03, 2010
Ojukwu, the bearded senile one!!! the ibos r the only people I know who will cut their nose to spite their face. Greedy monkeys!!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bawomolo(m): 2:52am On May 03, 2010
all this thread needs now is some good ole sjeezy.

fight on guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jonathan Condemns Death Of British Missionary In Delta State / Otti Sliding Abia Into Dictatorship – PDP Stalwart, Nwabueze / Kidnapped Victim Rescued In King's Palace In Delta State !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.