Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home (2479 Views)

Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi / Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Dep. Gov., 21 Commissioners, 16 Assembly Members Defect To PDP In Rivers State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by TMemos: 7:28am On Jul 24, 2010
http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/1664-gunmen-bomb-impeached-dep-govs-home.html

Explosives suspected to be dynamite on Friday rocked the residence of the impeached deputy governor of Bayelsa State, Mr Peremobowei Ebebi in Aleibiri, Ekeremor Local Government Area of the state, while his night guard, Doramugha Seibulu, was reportedly shot on the legs by suspected armed youths.

The incident, which happened at the early hour of the day, threw the entire riverine community into confusion, as people reportedly stayed glued to their beds.Suspected armed youths reportedly invaded the community in four double-engine speed boats, shooting sporadically into the air, and headed to the residence of the former deputy governor, where an attack was reportedly launched.Saturday Tribune gathered that substance suspected to be dynamite was thrown at his residence, destroying its frontage, while the night guards on duty jumped the fence to take cover inside the building.

The assailants trailed one of them to where he was hiding inside one of the rooms and shot him on his two legs.One of his relations, who preferred anonymity, said that at the initial stage they wanted to kill him before they later decided to cripple him for life.

The injured night guard is said to be receiving medical attention at Our Saviour Hospital, Bomadi, Delta State.Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Eguavoen Emokpai, said a detachment of police had been deployed to the community, as he called on the people to go about their businesses.

He said there was damage to the residence but could not confirm whether there was any casualty, as they were still awaiting reports from the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of the area.“We have dispatched our men to the scene to take charge of the situation. From reports available to me, there was extensive damage to the residence,” Emokpae said.

Tensions have been high for months in Bayelsa due to a power tussle between Governor Timipre Sylva and Ebebi, who was impeached by the state legislature last month over allegations of corruption. Ebebi could not be reached as his mobile telephone line was not going through.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2010
Bunch of desperate politicians !!!
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by jamace(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2010
Hmmnnn. This is indeed politics of by fire, by force. Too bad.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by btlasisi(m): 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2010
I was in Bayelsa recently and i can not but conclude thus:

All these in figthings and bikering are visible in the state capital

Bayelsans have not seen or smell what we can simply call dividends of democracy.

The state is far from development.

I do hope their leaders will fill their subjects hearts with happiness and dividends of democracy instead of filling their pockets with bounties.

God deliver Bayelsa from evil men i beggggg ohhhhhhhh.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by chelseabmw(m): 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2010
abeg make dem go rest
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by redsun(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2010
Nigerian politics is like chimps politics.Nigerain politicians are not as reasonable alpha primates.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by Ruq: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2010
This guys should bomb the right people how i wish i could hint them. All this bomb scare makes no sense kill the right people! Am waitin for them to enter the house of reps and wipeout.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by hackney(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2010
They didn't get the thieving b.astar.d?
I was hoping the cleansing has started.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by bawomolo(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2010
while the night guards on duty jumped the fence to take cover inside the building.

real recognize real grin grin
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by Becomrich0: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2010
No shaking, no fear. man must die one day.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by mamagee3(f): 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2010
Did he die from the bombing or something?

Anyway, It's nice hearing that those thieves are paying for their theft.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by TewMuch: 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2010
This is what happens when you arm millitants to do your dirty work. They come back and turn the guns against you. One by one these politicians will be dealt with by the menace they created. Area boys, millitants and almajiri's will turn on them one day. They are the ones that will bring that revolution Nigerians are looking for. Although this might have been planned by his detractors, one day someone will get smart.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by JUO(m): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2010
they will reap what they sew
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2010
The level of under development in the Niger Delta area is primarily being caused by their political leaders. The money allocated to them is far more bigger than that of many Eastern States, but go and have a look at what some states are able to do with their lean resources (Enugu State for instance) . Tomorrow, some disgruntled persons will accuse the nation of not developing the Niger Delta, while some people are some where stealing the money meant for their development, and some will even say that their money is not missing as was the case when Alams was being charged for stealing, and I am sure the deposed deputy is being treated this way because he presided over the deposition of Alams. What is Governor Silva doing with all the money he gets every other time, if not hosting beauty shows and wasting money. God will punish all of you thieves who waste the wealth given to you on trust for the benefit of the defenseless, but you turn it into your private use. Shame on you.
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by fugocisse: 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2010
TewMuch

Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home
« #11 on: Yesterday at 06:32:20 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what happens when you arm millitants to do your dirty work. They come back and turn the guns against you. One by one these politicians will be dealt with by the menace they created. Area boys, millitants and almajiri's will turn on them one day. They are the ones that will bring that revolution Nigerians are looking for. Although this might have been planned by his detractors, one day someone will get smart.

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER, SOMEDAYS THOSE MORONS THEY USE TO DISORGANIZE NIGERIA WILL TURN AGAINST THEM! FELLOW NIGERIANS REMEMBER WHAT AFFECTS THE LEAST OF US AFFECTS US ALL, GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by rasputinn(m): 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2010
hackney:

They didn't get the thieving b.astar.d?
I was hoping the cleansing has started.

Which thieving bastard now undecided undecided,Sylva or Ebebi(they're both of a feather)
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by marketplace(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2010
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Gunmen Bomb Impeached Dep Gov’s Home by joanana(f): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2010
cry cry cry God save this nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Alao-akala Ready To Drop Immunity Over Allegation ! / Nigeria: Targeted For Destruction / Breaking News:plane Carrying 152 People Crashes In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.