Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? (4423 Views)

Infinix Note 8i VS Xiaomi Redmi 9 - Which Helio G80 Device Should You Get? / Infinix S5 Vs Tecno Phantom 9: Which One Should You Buy? / Infinix Note 6 Stylus VS Tecno Phantom 9: Which Are You Expecting The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by henry007(m): 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
Necksonnel:
Please guys which is better btw Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and iPhone x ?

Why compare Samsung 2019 flagship to Apple's 2018 flagship? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by macfish306: 12:49am On Nov 18, 2018
fiziphonestore:
Buy cheap iphones to purchase, go to https://fiziphone.com

iphone 7 - N184k
iphone 8 - N250k
iphone XR - N323k
iphone XS - N425k
iphone XS Max - N474k
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by erekking(m): 4:44am On Nov 18, 2018
ollah2:

This isn't a hate.

Can the iPhone X have S pen features of the note?
Isn't Samsung phone on Oreo feature packed already?
Aren't 50 % features of Pie already on Samsung flagships?
The iPhone X has 3GB ram, how will it be more future proof against a Note 9 with 8 GB ram?
enough said cool i think we should be friends
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by hustla(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

The note 9 has the biggest battery among the top phones..it's also efficient in power consumption like the iPhone X....go for the note if battery is your top priority, th iPhone X will comfortably last you the entire day but it won't go more than the note9...keep in mind that the iPhone X will be supported longer than the note9 and therefore more future proof.

The same iPhone X that has been discontinued? grin
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
hustla:

The same iPhone X that has been discontinued? grin
Discontinued does not mean it won't be getting updates 4 years from now..
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by hustla(m): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Discontinued does not mean it won't be getting updates 4 years from now..

And the note 9 won't?
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
hustla:

And the note 9 won't?
How many of the previous note series still get updates? Lol the iPhone 5s that came out in 2013 still got ios 12 update on 2018..meanwhile the galaxy s6 that came out a year later has been forgotten years ago..
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by hustla(m): 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

How many of the previous note series still get updates? Lol the iPhone 5s that came out in 2013 still got ios 12 update on 2018..meanwhile the galaxy s6 that came out a year later has been forgotten years ago..

The S6 still gets updates. My s7 edge still has a pending update even that I am refusing to update

Won't the note 9 get updates? Answer question and stop going on and on about the 5s
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
hustla:

The S6 still gets updates. My s7 edge still has a pending update even that I am refusing to update

Won't the note 9 get updates? Answer question and stop going on and on about the 5s
The s6 got what? Lol please no need to put up false claims just to make a point..the note9 will get the next android update for sure..but it will not get a five year support like the iPhone X will..you can take that to the bank..
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by Anopheles: 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
hustla:

S7 edge won't even get Android pie. And that's a 2016 phone...
What you're getting its monthly security updates.

IPhone 5s that's a 2013 phone has ios 12 on the same day of release. A 2013 phone ooooo

Watch as Note 9 gets cut off by 2020 from updates as usual...
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by macfish306: 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
fiziphonestore:
Buy cheap iphones to purchase, go to https://fiziphone.com

iphone 7 - N184k
iphone 8 - N250k
iphone XR - N323k
iphone XS - N425k
iphone XS Max - N474k
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by tecnolad(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
I currently use the Note 9 (8GB/512GB) and and IPhone X. But I am putting the note 9 for sale. Why? Because the iPhone X will get a better resale value than the Note 9.

Mind you, I am a hardcore android fan, and I can tell you that both devices have their uniqueness. Another reason why I decided to stick with the iPhone X is that it will get years of support, unlike the note 9.

If you doubt me, you can google the last time Samsung galaxy s7 and other got their last updates. Most (if not all) android-based manufacturers do not give years of support to their devices like Apple does.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by LewsTherin: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
Necksonnel:

On d resale value, Iphone is quite more expensive than Samsung even the new one. Don't know why?

Because iPhones are more of a status symbol. It's the effizy that comes with having the fruit logo on the device. Not so much what the device can do.

For us here in nigeria, I think it's because the iPhone was about the most expensive phone for a period. Easily recognised as a very expensive device and so people who wanted show off could easily do so. Over the years, that status symbolism hasn't changed much. Especially with all our slay queens and all.

Afterall, what do most people do with phones? Call, text, social media, music. That's almost all.
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by ollah2: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
tecnolad:
I currently use the Note 9 (8GB/512GB) and and IPhone X. But I am putting the note 9 for sale. Why? Because the iPhone X will get a better resale value than the Note 9.

Mind you, I am a hardcore android fan, and I can tell you that both devices have their uniqueness. Another reason why I decided to stick with the iPhone X is that it will get years of support, unlike the note 9.

If you doubt me, you can google the last time Samsung galaxy s7 and other got their last updates. Most (if not all) android-based manufacturers do not give years of support to their devices like Apple does.

You knew Apple support it's phones longer than Samsung before purchasing so that point is moot. Also, in as much as long support is good, it's also overrated. Apple has been caught intentionally ruining their phones and was fine because of that.

What purpose is the support when features and design are the same.what changes more are the OS name and version number.

Would iPhone X long support give you S pen features on the Note 9?
Would iPhone X support give you true multasking capabilities of the note 9?
Would iPhone X support give you split screen or picture in picture functionalities of the note 9?
Would iPhone X support give you the camera manuel mode of the note 9?
Would iPhone X support give you the 8GB present on the note 9?

S7 still receives support and it's presently on Oreo which is a generation behind Pie. But 50 % features on Pie is already present on S7 which makes your point moot again.

Lastly, you didn't buy the Note 9 because you use or like Note series. A Note user wouldn't trade it's Note for iPhone X

4 Likes

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
LewsTherin:

Because iPhones are more of a status symbol. It's the effizy that comes with having the fruit logo on the device. Not so much what the device can do.

For us here in nigeria, I think it's because the iPhone was about the most expensive phone for a period. Easily recognised as a very expensive device and so people who wanted show off could easily do so. Over the years, that status symbolism hasn't changed much. Especially with all our slay queens and all.

Afterall, what do most people do with phones? Call, text, social media, music. That's almost all.
News flash! Iphones are also seen as a status symbol even in developed worlds..the iPhone is still the most expensive commercial phone in the USA and Europe..it is NOT a Nigerian thing.
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by tecnolad(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
ollah2:

You knew Apple support it's phones longer than Samsung before purchasing so that point is moot. Also, in as much as long support is good, it's also overrated. Apple has been caught intentionally ruining their phones and was fine because of that.

What purpose is the support when features and design are the same.what changes more are the OS name and version number.

Would iPhone X support give you split screen or picture in picture functionalities of the note 9?

S7 still receives support and it's presently on Oreo which is a generation behind Pie. But 50 % features on Pie is already present on S7 which makes your point moot again.

Lastly, you didn't buy the Note 9 because you use or like Note series. A Note user wouldn't trade it's Note for iPhone X

Do you own a note 9 or the iPhone X?
Does the Samsung S9 plus or any other series have the S pen features?
Have you actually seen how well the iPhone X multi tasks?
Have you seen how well the 3Gb ram and smaller battery on the iPhone X holds up against the ones on SN9?

Each phone is different and unique.

Mind you:

The Samsung note 9’s face unlock won’t even work in the dark, compared to the IPhone X’s.

The Samsung note 9 comes with stereo speakers, but you would be ashamed to play songs on it beside the iPhone X.

Have you checked XDA forum to see people complain about the note 9’s camera? Coming from a huawei P20 pro, those things Samsung put on the note 9 are toys.

I am not saying that the iPhone doesn’t have it’s annoying parts, we shouldn’t just parade Samsung note 9 as the better one.

Edit:

I bought the Samsung because I love both operating systems.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by Necksonnel: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
ollah2:

I'm with you on this. What's important changes does the support add to the phone?
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by Necksonnel: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
Why is iPhone x discontinued?
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by LewsTherin: 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

News flash! Iphones are also seen as a status symbol even in developed worlds..the iPhone is still the most expensive commercial phone in the USA and Europe..it is NOT a Nigerian thing.

I don't disagree. But I am talking about Nigeria particularly.

In the US, Europe and China, the iPhone was not the most expensive easily accessible phone. It was one of the nost expensive but porche edition blackberrys, Vertu phones and the like were just as easily accessible (much more than here in Nigeria) and oodles more expensive. In my opinion, the iPhone was considered to be of premium build. Plus it was coming from the makers of the iPod which already had a cult like following. Plus Apple had (has) one heck of a marketing department, leading to it's rise as a status symbol.

1 Like

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by LewsTherin: 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
Necksonnel:
Why is iPhone x discontinued?

No official reason from Apple but
The iPhone X has the same starting price as the XS with precious little difference between both. Apple's normal practice os to discount the previous model by about $100 but if they had done so with the X I believe they figured buyers would go for the X causing a massive drop in sales for the XS.

Here is how Business Insider magazine put it.

Here's the theory: If Apple followed its protocol and offered the $999 iPhone XS as well as a phone that is almost exactly the same but $100 cheaper, it would most likely confuse customers and cannibalize sales.
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by ollah2: 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2018
tecnolad:

Do you own a note 9 or the iPhone X?
Does the Samsung S9 plus or any other series have the S pen features?
Have you actually seen how well the iPhone X multi tasks?
Have you seen how well the 3Gb ram and smaller battery on the iPhone X holds up against the ones on SN9?

Each phone is different and unique.

Mind you:

The Samsung note 9’s face unlock won’t even work in the dark, compared to the IPhone X’s.

The Samsung note 9 comes with stereo speakers, but you would be ashamed to play songs on it beside the iPhone X.

Have you checked XDA forum to see people complain about the note 9’s camera? Coming from a huawei P20 pro, those things Samsung put on the note 9 are toys.

I am not saying that the iPhone doesn’t have it’s annoying parts, we shouldn’t just parade Samsung note 9 as the better one.

Edit:

I bought the Samsung because I love both operating systems.

While writing your comments you switched between Note 9 and S9 plus. Also, it's a lie that Note 9 face unlock doesn't make at night. It might not work all the time even S8 works at night. Louder isn't always better when you compare stereo sounds, you need to this. Iphone X sounds louder but Note 9 sounds better with good separation and clarity of sounds( more like a surround sound). People will always whine about things.

Don't consider this a vs thread or argument or whatever. I only negated your points. It's obvious you don't use the S pen let alone flex its powers which further proves my points.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by ollah2: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2018
LewsTherin:

No official reason from Apple but
The iPhone X has the same starting price as the XS with precious little difference between both. Apple's normal practice os to discount the previous model by about $100 but if they had done so with the X I believe they figured buyers would go for the X causing a massive drop in sales for the XS.

Here is how Business Insider magazine put it.

Here's the theory: If Apple followed its protocol and offered the $999 iPhone XS as well as a phone that is almost exactly the same but $100 cheaper, it would most likely confuse customers and cannibalize sales.

The only reason Apple discontinued it is because of sales. There's little difference between the two phones so consumers will generally buy the older gen since its cheaper. Also, they have reduced the production of all the iPhones released this year because of lower than expected sales.

Iphone Xs max and Iphone Xr are disgraces of phones to be released in 2018. In as much as iPhone Xr is the worst culprit, it's very meaningless buying iPhone Xs Max over iPhone Xs besides battery life and bigger screen.. It's meant to at least have more features than its younger sibling to justify that price tag but its Apple and features aren't important.
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by tecnolad(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2018
ollah2:

While writing your comments you switched between Note 9 and S9 plus. Also, it's a lie that Note 9 face unlock doesn't make at night. It might not work all the time even S8 works at night. Louder isn't always better when you compare stereo sounds, you need to this. Iphone X sounds louder but Note 9 sounds better with good separation and clarity of sounds( more like a surround sound). People will always whine about things.

Don't consider this a vs thread or argument or whatever. I only negated your points. It's obvious you don't use the S pen let alone flex its powers which further proves my points.

Please own the note nine first, compare its sound to even Huawei P20’s Dolby atmos stereo speakers and then do another comparison with IPhone X.

Note 9 face unlock feature DOES NOT work in the dark.

Don’t want to argue, bro. You win! Cheers!
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by ollah2: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2018
tecnolad:

Please own the note nine first, compare its sound to even Huawei P20’s Dolby atmos stereo speakers and then do another comparison with IPhone X.

This isn't about P20 and Note 9, I already told you iPhone X is louder but in sounds louder isn't always better. Also, I ain't arguing like i previously stated but sir face unlock feature on Note 9 works at night. It's predessessor to way back S8 works at night.

P. S Iits not a win or lose thing, pls note.

1 Like

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by Tomjazzy2: 6:20am On Nov 21, 2018
ollah2:

This isn't about P20 and Note 9, I already told you iPhone X is louder but in sounds louder isn't always better. Also, I ain't arguing like i previously stated but sir face unlock feature on Note 9 works at night. It's predessessor to way back S8 works at night.

P. S Iits not a win or lose thing, pls note.

I think you are clearly mistaken the iris scanner (as in the s8) for the face unlock feature
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by OneGeek(m): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2018
Who really needs a pen on a phone?? I mean it's a phone! not a 2003 PDA! oh well, I see a lot of yammering about the S-pen, so, I figured people really DO use the S-pen for much longer than I initially thought.

Going forward, I think iPhone X would get the Apple Pen support; And that would sufficiently kill this "does your iPhone X have S-pen functionalities?" balderdash.

1 Like

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by ollah2: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2018
OneGeek:
Who really needs a pen on a phone?? I mean it's a phone! not a 2003 PDA! oh well, I see a lot of yammering about the S-pen, so, I figured people really DO use the S-pen for much longer than I initially thought.

Going forward, I think iPhone X would get the Apple Pen support; And that would sufficiently kill this "does your iPhone X have S-pen functionalities?" balderdash.

Don't deceive yourself. Apple would rather launch a new phone with Apple pencil than support the current phones with it

1 Like

Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by OneGeek(m): 9:34am On Nov 21, 2018
ollah2:

Don't deceive yourself. Apple would rather launch a new phone with Apple pencil than support the current phones with it
Don't deceive yourself. Apple would rather launch a new phone with Apple pencil than support the current phones with it[/quote]
Well, Apple didn't become what it is today by throwing common sense out the window like Windows Phone did.

It can afford to release a new iPad Pro and an expensive Apple Pen (with no backwards compatibility whatsoever), because, well, it's just about the only thing left in the tablet sector. But with the iPhone? Nah. I honestly think Apple is doomed in the end, but still, that would be the dumbest way to getting screwed, and they know that.
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by erekking(m): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
tecnolad:

but it does have iris scanner which works in a pitchblack room, why do you even keep lauding face unlock like its superior to fingerprint, the reason u have face unlock is because of the bezeless design trend thats all, the note 9 has fingerprint, iris unlock, face unlock, whereas the iphone x family only has face unlock
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by erekking(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
Lets not even start on the advantages of fingerprint over face id, why the samung is superior in the unlocking methods used is because it can utilise all three at once to cater to different scenarios. Face unlock for well lighted scenarios, iris for when its really dark or u have a mask on or the never failing fingerprint sensor for all occassions, you cant seriously say the iphone x face id can get u covered in all occassions
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
erekking:
Lets not even start on the advantages of fingerprint over face id, why the samung is superior in the unlocking methods used is because it can utilise all three at once to cater to different scenarios. Face unlock for well lighted scenarios, iris for when its really dark or u have a mask on or the never failing fingerprint sensor for all occassions, you cant seriously say the iphone x face id can get u covered in all occassions
Oga apple's face id unlocks seamlessly even in pitch black room...it uses infrared mapping camera, just like the type used by wildlife documentaries to monitor animal activities at night.
Re: Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? by tecnolad(m): 1:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
erekking:
but it does have iris scanner which works in a pitchblack room, why do you even keep lauding face unlock like its superior to fingerprint, the reason u have face unlock is because of the bezeless design trend thats all, the note 9 has fingerprint, iris unlock, face unlock, whereas the iphone x family only has face unlock

Bro. I don’t think you use the Samsung note 9. If all you have done is watched YouTube SPONSORED reviews, please get a hands-on experience of the Note 9.

Now, I am not saying that the face unlock feature is better than the fingerprint unlock, but if you would have to put a feature on a phone, make sure it’s actually worth it.

Would you say that Samsung couldn’t give a bezeless display? Why does Samsung have to put that bezel at the top when its so called face unlock won’t work at night?

Would a fingerprint scanner have killed the iPhone X?

These OEMS know what they are doing and that’s what MAKES EACH DEVICE UNIQUE. If you have read my comments, you’d see that I am not giving the glory to either of the devices before us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tweak This Imei To Get Mtn 14 Gig Now. For All Phones / Here Are Five Things You Never Knew Your Android Phone Could Do / Mtn zone Call Alert Display Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.