Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

What Have You Learned From This Forum? How And When Did You Join? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Have You Learned From This Forum? How And When Did You Join? (361 Views)

What's A Fact You Learned In School That Has Since Been Disproven / The Parameters Of Signing Up Into This Forum Is Too Poor / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Learned From This Forum? How And When Did You Join? by Daraph(m): 2:47am On Nov 16, 2018
Good morning Nairalanders. I am Raphael (Daraph) A student of Federal University of Technology, Akure.. I joined this forum in the year 2013/14 I get to know about this forum from a neighbour back then here in Akure, Ondo state. It all happen one night when I was watching E gba'ni, E la'ja program on Ondo State Radiovision Corporations' TV (OSRC) when one of our neighbor , Sister Blessing by name called screamed my name in a very loud voice from her apartment ,with a very fast tone, she was like "Raph wa! wa! wa! (come! come! come!) and see something, come and see what I am seeing ooo, aye le, aye gbege and all sort" we use to gist very well, although she's very older than me, I was "super" curious to know why she called me in such a high tone. I entered her room, I met her pressing her Nokia X2 phone and surfing the internet with her Opera mini, and stood-still on her room's entrance and said "Sis, I am here, what is the matter?" she said I should come closer and see the weird thing she is seeing online, I collected the phone and check the picture she was screaming about, waaawu! :O it's one graphic picture of a "caught" ritualist carrying human body parts on his hands. I was shocked and moved with the gory and extra graphic pictures and I was so interested in reading more about the story, but I was not comfortable in the sister's room (because of some certain reasons) So, I quickly took a glance at the name of the website and I saw something like "Nairaland Forum" body written in green colour and gave her back her phone, I save the name of the forum on my head till I'll recharge my line and get my free 10mb for 7 days on my Nokia 3110c. So when I recharge, I click on my 2go, then I remember the Nairaland stuff, I exit my 2go and log-on to my Opera mini Version 4 directly to search for Nairaland on Google because I dont have idea if the website is Nairaland.com.ng or .com or whatever sad so to cut the story short sha, I got the website and register on that day.. Funny enough, on the first day that I read news on Nairaland and commented on one post, the same day I was banned by one wicked mod cheesy that time I didn't really know how to comment without copying all the whole post, one topic like that was "Top 20 Celebrities In Nigeria With Their Net Worth", I copy all the post before I could write my reply below.. And I was banned instantly.. I was unbanned in few days though. So ever since then, I've been enjoying reading every news on Nairaland forum, if I have not used Nairaland in a day like this, I won't be feeling fine, not that I'll be sick oo, but I will be feeling like "Ah, there is something I ought to have done but I haven't" until I loggin to Nairaland, nah that time my mind go kuuuleee, like say I don win jackpot (I commend the Abija and the Danguro that are behind the addiction of this forum) cheesy I can go and borrow phone from a stranger self to read news here and the thing dey always totori me when seeing myself about to use Nairaland..

Thank you Seun Osewa for bringing a forum like this, it's been a very helpful forum for me personally both intellectually and morally.. Previously, whenever people are arguing about gist concerning Politics, Celebrities, Cars, Foreign and even Entertainment nah like Dundee United I always dey look cos we no dey get light that time and we no too dey watch TV, if light eventually come self, nah Korean Movie person go dey watch, but now, before person say Lala....s, I go don know say nah Snake story the person wan talk about tongue and I go contribute my own.. There is one Police DPO around my villa here in FUTA South Gate, he's always happy whenever I go to his wife's shop to greet her and he meet me there, he loves Politics news and me too don become guru in Politics news with the help of Nairaland.. And before I hardly can tell offhand the name of one state's governor but now at least out of the 36-state Governors in Nigeria, I can boast that I know 31 names (although I dont know the full names of 40% of them but at least I can tell you one name out of any state Governor's name).

Thank you Nairaland,
Thank you Seun once again, thank you Explorer (for your awesome foreign news) , iAmD18 (for your savage replies) cheesy , AutoJosh (for your cars, roads and politics news), AutoReportNG (for your cars and politics news), NwaAmaikpe (for your foul-truth responses), Lasisi69 (for your "End-Time" slang), Dominique, FynestBoi, DeadRat, ManaBBQGrills,Mynd44, Lalasticlala (for your snakeTonto-Dike news) cheesy and the rest that I couldn't remember your names. Please pardon my little stupidity and please accept my grammatical errors as they are, I'm not Sean Tizzle.. I am actually not a "Perfect" Gentleman wink

cc Lalasticlala

Please help me push this to front page, I made this to show my gratitude for the good job you're doing and this is my first post here since I have joined this forum.. Funny enough that I just get to know how to create topic here last week... Lolz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Learned From This Forum? How And When Did You Join? by meobizy(f): 6:54am On Nov 16, 2018
It’s nice to see people are gaining positively from this forum.
For me here I gained nothing but a new way to waste otherwise useful time.
I used to argue with posters here on matters till I realized most are not familiar with what they speak on and only post mentions to rile people up.
At least the small improvements I gain from arranging my thoughts should count for something.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From This Forum? How And When Did You Join? by Duchessree(f): 7:05am On Nov 16, 2018
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State College Of Education (KWCOE) 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Batch Admission / Two People Were Arrested For Maltreating A Dog / How To Get Back The Faith You Once Lost: Very Motivational

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.