Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (40251 Views)

Sunday Kayode: Maths Should Be Taught In Nigerian Languages / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / List Of School That Have Released Post UTME Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
My government teacher taught me that:

1. If you are a public office holder (governor/president), your wife is not expected to be pregnant throughout your stay in office.

2. You can't contest for public office while you are occupying a public office. You must resign first before being qualified to contest. For example if you are a president and wants to contest for second term you must resign first. You can't stay in the office and contest.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
lalasticlala was taught that snake is dangerous but he later realized that snake is delicious. Lala I lie?

219 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
uboma davide470

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by mykelswa(m): 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
That if you dont know book you will never make it in life and you'll be a beggar

Businessideas:

Honestly, how many people have you seen to have made it in life,as in really made it o, without education? Even countries that don't have sound educational system have failed let alone individuals. Education is key.
Anyone who tells you that you can make it in life with education loves you. The failure of people to apply their education is their personal failure not that of the school.

Professor am not sure u sef know book. I didnt say if u dont go to school. School teaches alot not only book. Change ur way of reasoning abeg. U must have an education but that doesn't mean if youre not first tru out u wont make it. Understand me before u jump upandan.

236 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by chigodo(m): 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
My teacher said youths are leaders of tomorrow. A big lie.

243 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Alexandro15: 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
That exam is the best way of determining intelligence

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2019
mykelswa:
That if you dont know book you will never make it in life and you'll be a beggar
This is a bigger scam. lalasticlala let's hear from u na. Abi u no go school?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Henrodah(m): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
My Biology teacher said hiv aids was contracted by allied forces in the jungle of the Pacific theatre, because they didn't see any women to have sex with, so they gang raped female Gorillas..... Smh No wonder he smoked alot then and banged our gals . Mr Lanre you no try at all.
As a World war 2 avid reader , I just tire much.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by DesChyko: 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
That if you kept standing while eating, the food will go straight down to your anus angry

Admit it, we even told our friends this undecided

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Larryfest(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
That Nigeria will be better...

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by sureteeboy(m): 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
In all those science classes in primary and secondary school, we were taught that the Sun is stationary while all the planets revolve around it. Later discovered it's bullshiit.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by mytime24(f): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
That wat goes up must surely com down angry

Bt since foodstuff go up for dis regime e neva com down tongue

#2 development started in Africa, hmm
but left Africa and never returned to Africa..

162 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by JohnFrankling(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
I was taught that the citizens have the right to chose their leaders in a democratic government. In Nigeria the leaders impose themselves on us.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by fuckboys: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
The Earth is round

Only the intelligent people make it in life

God created me and everything in this world

8 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by kennyjam: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
that Buhari wouldn't rig elections

im

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Abcruz(m): 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
fuckboys:
The Earth is round

Only the intelligent people make it in life

God created me and everything in this world

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD o simple one:

Does a clay pot dare argue with its maker, a pot that is like all the others?
Does the clay ask the potter what he is doing?
Does the pot complain that its maker has no skill?--Isaiah 45:9

I have made everything; that's how it all came to be. I, the LORD, have spoken.--Isaiah 66:2

88 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by clive2u(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
education is the key but the yeye teacher didnt mention yahoo yahoo

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
That their are just 9 planets.

That there are 3 tiers of govt in naija. Federal, State and Local govts. But the 3rd is actually just like State govts outposts in naija.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by cutegentility(m): 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
BODMAS that O is of
That Mississippi is the longest river
That we had nine planet
That Pluto is a planet
That earth is spherical
That mercury is the hottest planet

That's all

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
[quote author=Henrodah post=76348960]My Biology teacher said hiv aids was contracted by allied forces in the jungle of the Pacific theatre, because they didn't see any women to have sex with, so they gang raped female Gorillas..... Smh No wonder he smoked alot then and banged our gals . Mr Lanre you no try at all.
As a World war 2 avid reader , I just tire
Bro I'm also an avid ww2 reader, we can share ideas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
To find 'x'

25 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2019
As I child I learnt that Nigeria has a lot of mineral resources coal, tin, columbite,lime stone e. T. C

But the reality is that Nigeria has only n uses crude oil!

13 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Martinez39(m): 11:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
That gravity is a force where as, it just the result of the curving of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
That I must have a very good result before I can make it in life angry

14 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
That girls need love n care

That if you go university you will be successful in life

That honesty is the best policy!

Police is your friend

bail is free

Be truthful at all time

Lying is bad

Sex is just for married couples

You must be 18 years before you have sex!

be a patriotic citizen

Love your neighbor as yourself

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Ayotope1905: 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
Perfectdanny:
To find 'x'
Lolz
Here's X

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 12:05am On Mar 05, 2019
honestly
uckennety:

Police is your friend

Be truthful at all time

Lying is bad

honesty is indeed the best policy

3 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by LisaAnne(f): 12:09am On Mar 05, 2019
uckennety:
Police is your friend
Be truthful at all time
Lying is bad
so you shouldn't sympathize with your neighbors?

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 12:13am On Mar 05, 2019
LisaAnne:
so you shouldn't sympathize with your neighbors?

Exactly
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 12:13am On Mar 05, 2019
IdreamOfUnicorn:
honestlyhonesty is indeed the best policy

But does affect reality
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Aphroditee(f): 12:14am On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author= post=76357144]so you shouldn't sympathize with your neighbors

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

David Adeyemi Is First African World Student Organisation Appointee / kogi state university (photos) / Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level: UNICAL Responds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.