Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones (41181 Views)

Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues / Instagram Keeps Disappearing From My Phone / Credit Keeps Disappearing From My Airtel Balance What Could Be The Reason ?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by miqos02(m): 5:51am On Nov 17, 2018
lexander:
As for the issues of fake it not just memory cards flash drives and hard drives have fakes but you don't see windows or apple removing support from their computers .
no fake hard drives
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by lexander(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2018
miqos02:
no fake hard drives
actually I bought a 512gb hdd a few years back that kept corrupting my files once I used up to 300gb I formatted it countless times did defragmenting but still the same issues I had to abandon it . So yes their are fake hdd
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by lexander(m): 10:17am On Nov 17, 2018
But instead of talking about phones that have SD slots and those that don't why can't we build out very own made in Nigeria phones (I mean made in Nigeria not manufactured in China and shipped to Nigeria) the technology is out their you don't have to waste money on research Android is open source so why can't we do it . I just watched a video on YouTube yesterday about a guy that built a portable PS2 it looks like a psp with screen battery sd-slot fully hacked software HDMI ports and all but a freaking PS2 , now that is something am willing to buy .

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by Maxcoded: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2018
HungerMustGo:
They dump SD card slots for no other reason other than that Apple phones don't have SD cards.

They all mugu-lishly copy every dumb creation of apple whether its useful or not.

From the annoying pin ejector sim tray to non removeable battery to notch design and now no SD card. Very soon it'll be compulsory single sim.

You are totally wrong bruh... Apple ain't the first to get the notch, but you can say they are the ones that made it popular.

Don't say what you don't know please
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by sulasa07(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
PotatoSalad:
If you're into mobile photography, sd card slot is important.
Average size of photos i take on my phone is 7 MB lol. A 1 min 4k video is like 600 MB
Hey!Jeeesssuuu!One hour 4k video nko(36000Mb),even my phone storage is 11Gb
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by bravesoul247(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
lexander:
it's not advisable to use cloud since it uses you data both for uploading files and downloading. Their are so many I will just lost a few popular ones Dropbox, Google drive( also Google photos- can be used to backup only photos and videos) ,OneDrive ,Mega you can find them on playstore or appworld
all these don't require data?
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by PotatoSalad(m): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
sulasa07:

Something like that lol
My internal storage is 64GB and I have a 256GB SD card
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by ZAWs: 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
HungerMustGo:
They dump SD card slots for no other reason other than that Apple phones don't have SD cards.

They all mugu-lishly copy every dumb creation of apple whether its useful or not.

From the annoying pin ejector sim tray to non removeable battery to notch design and now no SD card. Very soon it'll be compulsory single sim.

Apple has dual sim phones too.
But only available in China.
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by maasoap(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2018
HungerMustGo:

Imagine, my phone cost me a paltry sum of 30k! A 3000mah battery is non-removable, sim tray with injector pin, no space for memory card. The new trend.
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by maasoap(m): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2018
sulasa07:

PotatoSalad:

One second 4k video is 5MB, five seconds is a 25MB. At least, on my phone here.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by atheistandproud(m): 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2019
All these ones na scam. Phone manufacturers want more money. They have driven 3rd party battery manufacturers out of business. Now its SD card makers. 3.5mm earphone makers are being driven into extinction and some pipo are clapping for them. Kwantinu biko. I'm not saying there are no fake SD cards, there are. Na pipo wen like oshofree go buy am. I've been using an LA7 16GB and 32GB SD card for 7 months now. I spent top dollar on the memory card and even gave the seller jara on top. He went to his inner chamber to give me the one I currently use. If you want quality, spend money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Best Selfie Smartphone With Good Front Camera 2016 / An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.