Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones (41182 Views)

Huawei Devices Will No Longer Use SD Card Slots As U.S. Sanction Continues / Instagram Keeps Disappearing From My Phone / Credit Keeps Disappearing From My Airtel Balance What Could Be The Reason ?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by aadoiza: 8:44am On Nov 16, 2018
None of my business joor. Why den no dey include earpiece again for new phone
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by haibe(m): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2018
CaseTemplar:

Source: https://techtemplar..com/2018/11/its-inevitable-one-day-your-music.html?m=1
This is an amazing post. A mini research and i love it. Kudos

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by Aystarz: 8:47am On Nov 16, 2018
krattoss:
One thing about this is that once it becomes a trend, all products and smartphones will follow suit irrespective of the fan boys choice.

We live in a world where none of our opinions matter again but that of our masters embarassed

"We’re apes. We think we’re all sophisticated with our toaster ovens and designer footwear, but we’re just a bunch of finely ornamented apes. Because we are apes, we instinctually measure ourselves against others and vie for status" - Mark Manson

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by JeffreyJames(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2018
All this one Na story. SAMSUNG flagships still has SD slots even with Their flagships and their slots can even carry more powerful SD cards. The note 9 has an inbuilt memory or 128gb and 512gb and still has a memory card slot that can take another 500gb. So all these small rats should go and find out how Sammy does it and stop asslicking Apple .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by naijacartoon: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2018
for me to space is enoug
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by CaseTemplar(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2018
haibe:
This is an amazing post. A mini research and i love it. Kudos
God Bless You....Means So Much To Me cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by CaseTemplar(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2018
JeffreyJames:
All this one Na story. SAMSUNG flagships still has SD slots even with Their flagships and their slots can even carry more powerful SD cards. The note 9 has an inbuilt memory or 128gb and 512gb and still has a memory card slot that can take another 500gb. So all these small rats should go and find out how Sammy does it and stop asslicking Apple .
Chaiii!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by xjiggy: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2018
CaseTemplar:
Bro I Just Tire. They Might Even Remove The Front Camera And Bluetooth And Give Us One Ridiculous Reason. sad
Bro, ZTE Nubia X does not have a selfie camera. You use the back camera for selfies because the phone has double screens

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by OneKinGuy(m): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2018
HungerMustGo:
They dump SD card slots for no other reason other than that Apple phones don't have SD cards.

They all mugu-lishly copy every dumb creation of apple whether its useful or not.

From the annoying pin ejector sim tray to notch design and now no SD card. Very soon it'll be compulsory single sim.
don't be silly. Read the post we'll!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by gogeekish(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2018
Alot of phone crashes for no reason and people cry not because of the phone dying rather they cry because of the files they are about to loss. Memory card failure is no reason for removal of SD slot. Filthy excuse to brainwash those who aren't keen to technology.

Why do EMMC fail this much? How reliable is this emmc/UFS?

Why do I always come across Nand issue when working on so called mighty iPhone?

Filthy excuse.

What's the new reason these guys remove ear jack? Simply to sell newer items and to create discomfort for users.

I was looking at my friend struggling to use earpiece with his iPhone 8 plus.

His phone's mouthpiece is bad. And the way he keep looking for ear jack converter makes me feel sorry for him

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by honestmike(m): 9:26am On Nov 16, 2018
right from the days of nokia Xpress music sdcard has been slowing down phones. for high end phones there shouldn't be sdcard. but the absence of 3.5mm audio jack is unacceptable

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by paranorman(m): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2018
PotatoSalad:
If you're into mobile photography, sd card slot is important.
Average size of photos i take on my phone is 7 MB lol. A 1 min 4k video is like 600 You B
I am interested in this photography of a thing. Any help
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by Ayobami7(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2018
This is my Comment
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by kay7: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2018
Cloud storage has take over SD slots. With cloud storage, you’re not limited when you loose your phone or when your SD card crashes. Cloud Storage is also accessible from your other devices.
This is why SD slots are fast becoming irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by PAQ(m): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2018
I cant remember when last i took out my memory card, and i bet thesame goes out to alot of users, apart from replacing it with a bigger storage or replacing a faulty one. But i just dont get why they are killing off the headphone jack?!

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by skyhighweb(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2018
pure imported crap
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by Depreacherman(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2018
The problem of Nigeria is that most of our agencies are merely existing..

This is my field and from experience I can tell you without apology that over 50% of SD cards in Nigeria market are FAKE,

so if you are inexperienced in the field, no matter how smart you are you may still fall victim of it. SON (STANDARDS ORGANIZATION OF NIGERIA ) are merely existing.

You can actually use an SD card for over 5 Years without a single problem only if you understand the market. But it's not for those Who are not willing to spend some cash..

you will see people pricing 8gig 1k , such is not obtainable unless it's fake .

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by Onyenna(m): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2018
HungerMustGo:
They dump SD card slots for no other reason other than that Apple phones don't have SD cards.

They all mugu-lishly copy every dumb creation of apple whether its useful or not.

From the annoying pin ejector sim tray to non removeable battery to notch design and now no SD card. Very soon it'll be compulsory single sim.

I had this phone that kept malfunction.. Always writing "android process error"...."application error" etc.... I formatted it severally to no avail.... But.... The day i removed my SD card was the day all the problems stopped......

My next phone would be a "64gb" or "128gb" Rom phone.... Though I'd still prefer phones with sd card slots but i might not slot any card[s]....

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by PotatoSalad(m): 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
paranorman:

I am interested in this photography of a thing. Any help
Get a good phone, have some photo editing skills. Then make it happen
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by Anopheles: 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
JeffreyJames:

And Samsung will still remove it...

1 Like

Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by HungerMustGo: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
Onyenna:

I had this phone that kept malfunction.. Always writing "android process error"...."application error" etc.... I formatted it severally to no avail.... But.... The day i removed my SD card was the day all the problems stopped......

My next phone would be a "64gb" or "128gb" Rom phone.... Though I'd still prefer phones with sd card slots but i might not slot any card[s]....

Go and buy original memory card and original phone. Have used memory cards for since ever they existed and never experienced such.
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by jaxxy(m): 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
I prefer fones with SD card slots any day besides iPhones and I hav never had a bad experience I guess I buy originals cos I’m still using sm for more than 3years and counting. No crashing or lagging. Thx
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by Onyenna(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
HungerMustGo:

Go and buy original memory card and original phone. Have used memory cards for since ever they existed and never experienced such.

Okay sir...
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by paranorman(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Can you point me to the apps and e-books to learn this skills? Don't want to be ambiguous.
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by PotatoSalad(m): 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
paranorman:

Can you point me to the apps and e-books to learn this skills? Don't want to be ambiguous.
Everything you need is on YouTube bro. All you have to do is search.
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by bravesoul247(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
Me? I don't really like SD cards but one doesn't have an option cos of many songs of videos that internal memory can't carry
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by bravesoul247(m): 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
kay7:
Cloud storage has take over SD slots. With cloud storage, you’re not limited when you loose your phone or when your SD card crashes. Cloud Storage is also accessible from your other devices.
This is why SD slots are fast becoming irrelevant.
how can one have access to cloud storage?
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by bravesoul247(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
PotatoSalad:

taking pictures isn't the major koko, editing is the major thing.
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by lexander(m): 1:07am On Nov 17, 2018
It might be ok in developed countries but here in Nigeria internet is still very expensive imagine spending 5,000 to send your files to cloud and then another 5,000 to get them back when you buy a new phone or had to do a factory reset. As for the issues of fake it not just memory cards flash drives and hard drives have fakes but you don't see windows or apple removing support from their computers . The manufacturer just wants more money imagine paying 40,000 more for a phone just because you want more space when you can get 64GB for around 5,000
Re: This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones by lexander(m): 1:12am On Nov 17, 2018
bravesoul247:
how can one have access to cloud storage?
it's not advisable to use cloud since it uses you data both for uploading files and downloading. Their are so many I will just lost a few popular ones Dropbox, Google drive( also Google photos- can be used to backup only photos and videos) ,OneDrive ,Mega you can find them on playstore or appworld

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Best Selfie Smartphone With Good Front Camera 2016 / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application / An Open Letter To MTN With Regards To Their Recycling Of Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.