Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Most Used Chatting Abbreviations And Their Meaning - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Used Chatting Abbreviations And Their Meaning (743 Views)

20 Nigerian Slangs And Their Meaning! / I Go Dye: "Nigerian Workers Are The Most Used In The World" / Meaning Of 'Sweet Boys' Association Trend Explained By Twitter Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Used Chatting Abbreviations And Their Meaning by danieljoel759: 8:57am On Nov 16, 2018
when it comes to chatting up with your friends, family, loved ones and even enemies, it becomes really fun and faster when you can abbreviate your text. The only problem with this is that when one party cannot understand the abbreviation, there will be communication breach.

This article is set at bringing out the meaning of as many as possible abbreviations in chatting, they are;

LOL: Laugh Out Loud
TTYL: Talk To You Later
: Good To Go
BRB: Be Right Back
BTW: By The Way
F2F: Face To Face
FYI: For Your Information
LMAO: Laugh My A*s Out
LMFAO: Laugh My Freaking A*s Out
IKR: I Know Right
NVM: Never mind
ILY: I Love You
ROFL: Roll On The Floor Laughing
BTT: Back To The Topic
HF: Have Fun
OMG: Oh My God
WTF: What The F*ck
WTH: What The Hell
POV: Point Of View
JFYI: Just For Your Information
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
DIY: Do It Yourself
2mao: Tomorrow
2nite: Tonight
LOL: Lots Of Love
XOXO: Kisses & Hugs
TMI: Too Much Information
OP: Off Point
JK: Just Kidding
GR8: Great

source: https://www.musictori.com/2018/11/most-used-chatting-abbreviations-and.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique
Re: Most Used Chatting Abbreviations And Their Meaning by meobizy(f): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2018
What should the mods do with this information? It is old and outdated. It has also made front page multiple times.
With the rampant situation of qwerty possessing spelling correcting-smartphones there is no reason for anyone older than nine years old to use abbreviations in write ups and text messages.

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Yvonne Jegede Glows In First Make-over Photos After Childbirth / Actress, Linda Osifo, Acquires Multi-million Naira Home In Lagos (photos) / Actress Nkechi Blessing Shares Beautiful Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.