Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,438 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Do Christians Celebrate Festival Of Lights (Diwali) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Celebrate Festival Of Lights (Diwali) (204 Views)

Diwali: The Festival Of Lights | How Is Diwali Celebrated In India / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Christians Celebrate Festival Of Lights (Diwali) by ikorodureporta: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2018
Diwali, or festival of lights is one of the most popular festival of Hinduism which symbolises the spiritual victory of light over darkness, good over evil, & knowledge over ignorance. During the celebration, temples, homes, shops & buildings are brightly illuminated.
The festival generally falls between mid October & mid November...

Now, this church in my area is holding their third edition of "Light1MillionCandles' praise night today. I don't have to be told that it is Diwali-inspired...

Lalasticlala

Re: Do Christians Celebrate Festival Of Lights (Diwali) by ikorodureporta: 9:43am On Nov 16, 2018
Apart from that, see the theme of the program...''Be Lord Over All", which adds up to 13.

Taking a look at the logo too, all you see is occultism. I wonder why a Catholic church would allow this....

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Mawlidun Nabiyy / Identifying Your Opportunities / Seasoned With Salt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.