Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? (1708 Views)

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? / Why Do We Wear New Clothes On New Year's Day? / Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by Julot: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2010
You have X number of kids, average salary within this hard economy situation with a little family support, which clothes do you normally buy for your children, BEND DOWN BOUTIQUE OR NEW CLOTHES? WHAT ABOUT PRICE DIFFERENCES? WHAT DO YOU PUT INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN BUYING? Do you know children out grown them in no time? PLEASE SHARE YOUR SHOPPING IDEALS HERE
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by Sissy3(f): 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2010
cut your coat according to your size.

no need going over the budget for new clothes for kids when you can afford to cloth them in good and neat Tokunbo clothes.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by MissyB1(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2010
First thing I must put into consideration is my purse content.
If I can afford to get new clothes every now and then- Fine, If not - ''Bend down Boutique'' would just be perfect, as long as my kids don't look unkempt.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by femmy2010(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2010
I would never make it a topic.
I will buy what i can afford as that is the determining factor .
May God help take us to where we are suppose to be.
Amen.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by yme1(f): 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2010
cut your coat according to your cloth grin
whatever you can afford will do.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by sophy09: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2010
Haba how can you buy tokunbo for your kids? Even if you need to buy clothes for your kids, there are inferior clothes you can buy which are better than tokunbo. There are numerous skin diseases out there. The funniest thing is that the tokunbo clothes some are more expensive than inferior clothes.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2010
Nothing wrong with decent used baby / young kids' clothes. Don't forget, children grow up quite fast, especially between new-born and toddler stage. Expensive clothes they'll soon grow out of? I see little point.

@ Sophy: The chances of your child catching a "skin disease" from used clothes are the same as from new, they could well have been handled by someone with eczema or similar. If you're that worried, you can always wash them, and use Dettol or similar to disinfect them.

I would buy Tokunbo, if they were at the right price over new.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by femmy2010(m): 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2010
As old as i am i a times have reasons to buy Tokunbo clothing to wear and it does not mean ones suffering is the worst in the world.
Like someone wrote earlier,it is more of staying ones limit.
If there is adequate funding available to the poster then she can go for new ones but if not Thank God for Tokunbo.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by Julot: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2010
I really do appreciate all of u that v contribued to this topic. what most of u r saying is, cost ur coat according to ur size and pocket. New or Used clothes, u know what is best for u, so go after it. have used tokunbo clothes myself and thanks to God cos I never contacted any infection, it was watched with all infection killing soaps and dettol.
Re: Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Before I Self Destruct! / Know Your Zodiac / My Advice To Married Couples After Divorcing My Wife Of 16 Years-gerald Rogers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.