Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard (54455 Views)

My Aunt Grows Beard Like A Man, Is It A Health Condition? / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / How To Grow Your Beard Very Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by okenwaa(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
okwabayi:

Prematurely, yes.

Larry Gaga grin
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by landmark86: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Na so I saw a young man in Abuja with white hair and people are calling him PROF.
Then I no we Africans are still blind must sum1 have white hair before is being referred as prof?
Meanwhile the nigga na phone repairer grin

4 Likes

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by itzprezy(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Make I derail OP

Igbo women wey dey get beards Wetin dey cause am

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by JudasNaCarrot: 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
Good
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by NessaBoo(f): 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
I think it mostly has to do with genetics, there's no scientific proof or correlation it has to do with stress, that's just a myth.

Most guys dye their beards white to give them this refined look, and it's all good as long as its well taken care of and neat, there's nothing more unpleasing and unnerving than a jagged and prickly beards scratching your face when u go for a hug or getting intimate.

*Shudders*

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by sleek214(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
I believe most of the after shave cream/chemicals are responsible for it.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Xblink(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Bros....you ar now like the uncle you hv been seing in those days..... U hv just grown to realize that white beard exit....dat means u hv reached d age. ... Its has always been there... U only had to grow to ur age to c it....

Welcome aboard ....!
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by UnknownT: 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mine na few strands which i dey pray make all of dem turn to white sef grin grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by emerged01(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
End time is near
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by kaymandak(m): 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
I like it

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by ceedenis: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
I think it is as a result of the very strenuous life we live this days. In the 80s like someone mentioned a graduate of 24 years old had options as to which job to accept and when he does he gets a brand new car and a 3 bedroom flat. My people am in my mid 30s and I see three strands of grey on my bears. I always wished for it though.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by stevecantrell: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
sleek214:
I believe most of the after shave cream/chemicals are responsible for it.

That's a brilliant observation. Repeated shaving and grooming will get those hairs grey very quick
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Yoighaman(m): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
Me seeing strands of white beards but not due to stress though, maybe too much cracking of the grey matter or times are changing...but guess what? I love it grin
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by kaymandak(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
opyzy:
The trend actually started since the lifeless man took over as president
Eyha, can't just imagine how miserable your level of struggle don go.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Maxcollins042(m): 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
okwabayi:
I know it should happen only when a man hits his early to mid 40s but nowadays I'm seeing mid 30s dudes greying.
My quick observation is the stress from the environment and more from low paying jobs.

Your observation is not entirely true. I'm gray-haired right from birth and it's not tied to hardship or an low paying job.

Most are gotten through hereditary.

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by sircrabo: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
Things have changed, life expectancy has dropped (especially in this part of the world). starting from 120 in the bible, to 70,Now if you see 80yrs, just be thankful to God.

as the life expectancy is closing up, so is our health. before High blood pressure used to be for the aged. but now, young men of 27 - 30 already have blood pressure.

Also, the stress the male gender goes through in this part of the world is too much; enough to make one age faster. you struggle to go to school, graduate, struggle to get a job (that's if you get). You parents are aging and looking up to you for support, your GF is there seeking your support too. your salary can't carry you comfortably, you have to cut corners to make more money. you are of age to get married, yet no money. Your younger ones are there looking up to you to support them with school fees. you have to pay for ur own security, ur own water...

All this causes men to age faster and die earlier than women.

The stress is enough to make one age faster and grow white beards

7 Likes

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by ikorodureporta: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
If not for my white hair, na teenager Dem for take me as
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by abiolert(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
johnmba:
Fellow Nairalands, i have noticed the trend of men having white bears. In the 80s and 90s you hardly see men with that white bears but recently every young man has it.

What is the cause? Does it have to do with human evolution or does it have any health implication
Men with beards yakpa since time immemorial. Just that in the 80s men nor they lazy to come begin they count white beards guys around. As for you Op you nor get work naim cause am. For you to know say bobos get white beards now
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Goddyj(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
I'm actually following this topic to see if there are reasonable answers to this issue, because I started growing white hair at the age 20 and few years later, it's spreading like wild fire. I can't really say my case is that of stress embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by ajayiopy: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
STRESS,THINKING,ECONOMY HARDSHIP AND.........BUHARI ISSUES

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Abagworo(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
EggSauce:
Most of them na white dye dem use o...it's somehow fashion now..i myself I'm planning to dye some part of beard white

You're on point. Most of those campus boys flaunting white beards use special kind of dye and hairspray.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Cooleasy(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
Goddyj:
I'm actually following this topic to see if there are reasonable answers to this issue, because I started growing white hair at the age 20 and few years later, it's spreading like wild fire. I can't really say my case is that of stress embarassed
Bro, I want to ask a question: how did your greying hair affect your relationships or how ladies perceive you, if at all it did? (I am just trying to learn from a typical person who has experienced it).
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Pacesetter123(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
landmark86:
Na so I saw a young man in Abuja with white hair and people are calling him PROF.
Then I no we Africans are still blind must sum1 have white hair before is being referred as prof?
Meanwhile the nigga na phone repairer grin
kikikikikikikikikikikikiii grin grin grin grin.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Pacesetter123(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
NessaBoo:
I think it mostly has to do with genetics, there's no scientific proof or correlation it has to do with stress, that's just a myth.

Most guys dye their beards white to give them this refined look, and it's all good as long as its well taken care of and neat, there's nothing more unpleasing and unnerving than a jagged and prickly beards scratching your face when u go for a hug or getting intimate.

*Shudders*
Na so...oooooo!
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Pennywise(m): 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
My theory is that if you have hair that grows rapidly, soon the pigment producing cells at the root of the hair die out leaving your facial or scalp hair free of pigment. I have had them as far back as I can remember. My hair dey grow like craze. But suffer still join sha oooo, I no lie. The genetic factor in gray hair then becomes the different hair growth rate among different people.

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by NessaBoo(f): 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Pacesetter123:
Na so...oooooo!

smiley
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Dagoma: 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Sign of Stress and/or Poverty.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by chyket(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
It's theuse of shaving powder that causes it.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by NessaBoo(f): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
Goddyj:

It's just genetics dear, the correlation of white beards to stress is just a myth, are u not comfortable with it, you can dye it...but i actually think its kinda elegant and nice. smiley

P.S: I don't have daddy or grandfather issues oo, Lol
I just think its refined in a way. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by wonlasewonimi: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
As you grow older, you become zinc deficient and your hair start to turn gray.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Gkemz: 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
I can't see such here and i don't think if this has anything to do with environmental factors. I have been keeping beards more than a decade ago and it's still black and silky. Though i know that hardship could contribute to fast ageing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now / Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / People Without Face-Masks In Indonesia Dig Grave As Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.