Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard (54456 Views)

My Aunt Grows Beard Like A Man, Is It A Health Condition? / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / How To Grow Your Beard Very Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by spyg1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
johnmba:

You mean stress brings out white hairs and low paying jobs grin grin
Yea, especially under a salary of 20k in private schools as teachers.
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by preciousnobel(m): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2018
I think it is in the gene/evolution . I wouldn't agree it boils down to stress.
By the way, what do you guys think about balding at a young age? I am 20 and I am balding slowly.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
Clean UK used LG g5 is available for 34k. Dm 08082457319 for more details
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Cooleasy(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
NessaBoo:

It's just genetics dear, the correlation of white beards to stress is just a myth, are u not comfortable with it, you can dye it...but i actually think its kinda elegant and nice. smiley

P.S: I don't have daddy or grandfather issues oo, Lol
I just think its refined in a way. cheesy

Sister, from your own observation/experience, how do ladies perceive men with grey beards/hair, especially men below 50 who have it (compared to men who don't have greys)?
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Waffarianman(m): 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
Delivar:
Following this thread keenly cos I am a victim. The wahala in naija is too much. Why wouldn't beards turn white.

Hahahaha my bro am not left out o, i don remove i don taya i jus kukuma leave dem mak dem white dey. 9ja wahala no b here

Oghene EPP us

2 Likes

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by hkidola00(m): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Serendip:
Here is the answer

Back in the days men used the razor blade.
With the razor blade, the grey hair only comes at the ‘normal time.’

However, with the advent of shaving creams and certain types of powders, men tend to dump the regular use of the shaving stick. Especially the busy/affluent/ rich ones.

The creams and the powders genetically impact the areas where they’re constantly applied, and that leads to the white/grey hairs.

I use razor and I don’t have such problem.
bro,pls how do u do it with razor and u won't have rashes or razor bumps springing on ur cheeks days later?
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by NessaBoo(f): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
Cooleasy:

Sister, from your own observation/experience, how do ladies perceive men with grey beards/hair, especially men below 50 who have it (compared to men who don't have greys)?

It really takes a certain level of sophistication of a Lady to appreciate white beards/hair...I can only speak for myself, and I find it totally adorable, as long as its NEAT and WELL TAKEN CARE OF!!!

Some of my girlfriends also revere guys with white beards/hair because they look distinguished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
atikulated2019:
does jubril has white bears too

Has your English
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by drchuks1234(m): 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
Wetin concern me self wey no even get a single bear at 24 now ?
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by tbibuzz(m): 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
Suffer head
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by komekn(m): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
MexxIT:
Those days grey hairs and bald head were all evidence of an advancing age group but dis days hardship dey make person old quick... D hardship these days don dey affect every body gene
Those days all U had to do was go to school or learn handiwork or trade.. These days we go to school and have to have multiple streams of income to even make ends meet.

Consider this proposition, " You are what you eat"

In Nigeria in the 80's 90's and maybe longer we didn't have GM modified foods, we didn't have our vegetables soaked in pesticides, we ate 100% organic.

Our meat wasn't juiced up with hormones and antibiotics.

Check out the levels of pesticide in corn and black eye peas it's scary. Add our predominantly sedentary life styles and it's clear thier is a problem.

What is the impact of all this, I don't know exactly but we see cancers and other ailments that were hitherto very uncommon. Could thier be a connection to premature greying POSSIBLY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Yusman316(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
Abegi this is a new a phenomena, when I was in primary school, u hardly see a girl growing breast even the senior primary 6 girls. But nowadays u see girls even in primary 4 already growing breast. I starting losing hair in my early 30s, something that used to be very uncommon. And the white beard thing is not only restricted Nigerian men or black men alone for that matter. U notice it even in white men in their early 40s

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Serendip: 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
hkidola00:
bro,pls how do u do it with razor and u won't have rashes or razor bumps springing on ur cheeks days later?

First when you’re shaving, don’t just shave randomly. Shave along the grains...I mean the direction of your hair growth...if you get what I mean. So how d’you know the direction? You can even use your hands to check. Swipe your hand slowly across your cheek...if it’s against the direction, you get a rough feeling and if it’s along the grain, it’s not as rough.

Secondly, to ease the process, you’ll use warm water. What I mean by Warm..is like hot water but not so hot that it’s gon burn you. Put the water all over the beard so it gets to the root. Then shave.

I also prefer using shaving stick, where you use disposable razor blades.

The process is not as complicated as I’ve stated it though.

Put in a new blade in your shaving stick
Get to the basin and apply warm water
Shave along the grain (well as much as possible)
As you shave you’ll need to apply more water for easy removal once it’s getting a bit tough. The water should ease the process, so apply as required.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by myk2mic: 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
NessaBoo:

It really takes a certain level of sophistication of a Lady to appreciate white beards/hair...I can only speak for myself, and I find it totally adorable, as long as its NEAT and WELL TAKEN CARE OF!!!

Some of my girlfriends also revere guys with white beards/hair because they look distinguished.
Love your cute duck-like lips. Can I pm u. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by NessaBoo(f): 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
myk2mic:

Love your cute duck-like lips. Can I pm u. embarassed

Duck lips*coversface*

Lool

Okaaayyy!!
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by mablie(m): 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
Waffarianman:

Hahahaha my bro am not left out o, i don remove i don taya i jus kukuma leave dem mak dem white dey. 9ja wahala no b here

Oghene EPP us
Raw aloe vera gel straight from the stem halts the greying of hair.Lather it into the hair and leave it for 8 to 10minutes.Do this twice a week and watch out for improvements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by deebrownneymar: 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
The difference is we don't dye our hair/beards unlike them
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by sacx: 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
More like hereditary. I once knew a young mam who was around 18years of age and already started sprouting white hairs on his head

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
I sincerely don't like it.... A very big turn off for me sad
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Cooleasy(m): 12:12am On Nov 17, 2018
mablie:
Raw aloe vera gel straight from the stem halts the greying of hair.Lather it into the hair and leave it for 8 to 10minutes.Do this twice a week and watch out for improvements

Does aloe vera have 'stem'? Or you mean leaves? Can you explain further?
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by wanger50(m): 12:21am On Nov 17, 2018
Goddyj:
I'm actually following this topic to see if there are reasonable answers to this issue, because I started growing white hair at the age 20 and few years later, it's spreading like wild fire. I can't really say my case is that of stress embarassed
Same with me, Bro.In my case too,it has never been stress or hardship

2 Likes

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by enemyofprogress: 12:23am On Nov 17, 2018
johnmba:

You have a point but does it mean there was no hardship then?

Lalasticlala seun
lalasticlala and seun suffer well well in the 50s o
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by MrFly(m): 12:59am On Nov 17, 2018
Bear? Ok! Polar bear
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by okwabayi(m): 1:01am On Nov 17, 2018
Serendip:
Here is the answer

However, with the advent of shaving creams and certain types of powders, men tend to dump the regular use of the shaving stick. Especially the busy/affluent/ rich ones.

The creams and the powders genetically impact the areas where they’re constantly applied, and that leads to the white/grey hairs.

So why don't Veet using-women grey in areas they normally apply the cream?
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Newboss(m): 1:07am On Nov 17, 2018
Delivar:
Following this thread keenly cos I am a victim. The wahala in naija is too much. Why wouldn't beards turn white.
What age did it start? angry
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by ericmor: 1:11am On Nov 17, 2018
Very common now, most especially with guys between the age of 33-38. I think is stress
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by ericmor: 1:18am On Nov 17, 2018
wanger50:
Same with me, Bro.In my case too,it has never been stress or hardship
t
Some are hereditary but with the level the thing is now, I think most as to do with stress because I know over 7 guys that has it and they are all saying is stress
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by Diso60090(m): 1:22am On Nov 17, 2018
For nairaland mind this na news �
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by dingbang(m): 1:25am On Nov 17, 2018
Brings respect
Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by ericmor: 1:41am On Nov 17, 2018
Serendip:
Here is the answer

Dis as nothing to do with it. I don’t use it and I’m growing grey already why my friend that uses all mentioned don’t even have one self and he is older

1 Like

Re: Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard by dangoteinlaw: 1:45am On Nov 17, 2018
You are doing strenuous jobs especially jobs under the sun eg bricklayer and u dare ask y white hair dey come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remember Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany? This Is What They Look Like Now / Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / People Without Face-Masks In Indonesia Dig Grave As Punishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.