Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist (17848 Views)

Judge Orders Trump To Pay $364 Million, Strips Business Licenses / Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Court Orders Trump To Unblock Critics On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by mekaboy(m): 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
LLol
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by FisifunKododada: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

No. He's a bloody Tyrant and Fool!

But ur potor-potor friends no go gree with you oo. Dem dey think say he like dem when he no even sabi their existence. grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by mekaboy(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge
I watched that press conference the Jim Acosta lacks respect completely you can't even try that with a local government chairman here

That's why it's called shithole country.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
Trump doesn't like "fake news" CNN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by chikeze(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
Alzirida:
Wow.
Victory for press.

I can't wait to see when CNN reporter Jim Acosta will throw him (Trump) his first question
Trust Trump. He wont answer Jim Acousta when asked a question. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by linearity: 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge
I watched that press conference the Jim Acosta lacks respect completely you can't even try that with a local government chairman here

When I sometime say, Nigeria have little to no hope from our current dismay condition, individuals like this poster are my evidence.

How can you hold up the way a local government chairman in Nigeria treats others, especially the media as a standard for the world?

The Media is the 4th Estate of any democracy, they have a duty to confront the 1st, 2nd and 3rd estates and to get answers to their questions...these other three estates cannot shut off the media.

I watched that video too, Trump was trying to use his bully pulpit to shut off that Journalist and in true discharge of his responsibilities, he stood his ground and refused to be shut down or intimidated. The next journalist who took the mic, immediately supported the CNN journalist. Even Fox News filed a friend of the court amicus brief supporting the journalist against Trump and the White House.

The goal of the White House was to deny coverage to those who are not in their favor...It is called democracy for a reason and another word for democracy is divided government i.e. where diverse opinions should be allowed to strive.

Am ordering pop corns already to see how he is going to shut down the House, which from January will have individuals with diverse opinion. He will have to learn the hard way on how to compromise and work with them, or he will just settle for a lame duck President from here with no accomplishments and have to rule with EO which have limited power, limited authorities, can be challenged in court and can be deleted from the books by the stroke of the pen of the next President with a diverse opinion....and also confirm Judges, period!

It is even poetic justice that the Judge that ruled against him here in the D.C court, was the very Judge he appointed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by donbenie(m): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge
Obviously America is not a SHITHOLE and their President is not King Kong BUHARI.. shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by onadana: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
[quote author=lilbest4 post=73030039]Useless judge
I watched that press conference the Jim Acosta lacks respect completely you can't even try that with a local government chairman here [/quote

Because they have the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
Reference:

Na...he doesn't have to answer and he will completely ignore him. I think CNN is become too partisan and they will lose out in the long run. They have more at stake than a 'here today, gone tomorrow' political office holder.
D only news they report is trump. They are obsessed with d guy. That's y Aisha sesay left

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Yoighaman(m): 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
HigherEd:
Rhe day a CNN reporter is going to run into problems in one country then it wld be Trump's pay back time cos he will pretend as if he doesn't know cnn.

Forget it, they might be at loggerheads, but when an outsider wants to pass his or her boundary to an American, they stand together.
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Vejin(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
IPOB pigs no go like dis news ooo. grin grin

Foolish set of pple wey dey give support to an oppressor out of fear of being a victim... it's called COWARDICE at best! cool
wetin concern IPOB for this matter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by handsomeyinka(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge
Can you define freedom of speech?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by NairaMaster1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Hahahahahahaha, American Constitution 1 vs. Kim Jung Trump 0

Propaganda and psychophancy is when you defend Buhari for disobeying court order and you celebrate another country because you hate the president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
NessaBoo:
A country where Institutions works work!!
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by YorubaAssasin: 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge

@bolded. That's why it's NOT Nigeria but, the U.S.A ... where things work, okoro Savage. cool

Your brain surely needs a oil cerebral change. grin

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
[quote author=lilbest4 post=73030039]Useless judge
I watched that press conference the Jim Acosta lacks respect completely you can't even try that with a local government chairman here [/quote]
You wonder why Nigerians are on the run.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by omakay(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
It's very simple.

The next press conference, he would just simply ignore his queries and questions.

After all, at every point, there is always a crowd of journalists waiting for audience.

Abi, is ignoring a journalist a crime too?

I believe POTUS has right to speak to whoever he chooses to.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by tommykiwi(m): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
IPOB pigs no go like dis news ooo. grin grin

Foolish set of pple wey dey give support to an oppressor out of fear of being a victim... it's called COWARDICE at best! cool
Just explain to me how this news concern's IPOB?

Afonja Republic!
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by WaffenSS(m): 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
Well first of all he wasn't fired. His Secret Service credentials that gave him access to the White House press pool is revoked, and that's what the judge directed that it be returned.

Jim Acosta is still a CNN employee
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by dgee1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
lilbest4:
Useless judge

Very true!

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Fadedvoiced: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
Alzirida:
Wow.
Victory for press.

I can't wait to see when CNN reporter Jim Acosta will throw him (Trump) his first question

He can choose to ignore his questions
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Rebelutionary: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
HigherEd:
Rhe day a CNN reporter is going to run into problems in one country then it wld be Trump's pay back time cos he will pretend as if he doesn't know cnn.
The problem with some of us in the "church circle" is that we tend to feel that just cos we see Trump fulfilling a divine prophecy, it automatically means EVERYTHING he does is right!

No!

We forget that this same Trump can be as uncouth as they come and now that he is given a taste of his medicine, he is tending towards tyranny and folks like you with your words are trying to make it seem like he is right and should wait to get his pound of flesh! Haba HigherEd!
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Fadedvoiced: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
omakay:
It's very simple.

The next press conference, he would just simply ignore his queries and questions.

After all, at every point, there is always a crowd of journalists waiting for audience.

Exactly . Let's see if CNN will sue him for not answering Acosta 's questions

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by enemyofprogress: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
That's good

R I P.. Michael Jackson....
I was not having a phone when you died.. Indeed you were a Great FOOTBALLER..
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by valiju: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
Order that white house have already obeyed that is a nation that works

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by igwegeorgiano(m): 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
Trump sure will obey the court order and takre the cnn guy back he is not a dumbass like our bubu who refused a cort order to release el zarzaki and sambo dasuki
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by Rebelutionary: 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
omakay:
It's very simple.

And you think that isnt PETTY? He is the president for petes sake and some element of maturity will be expected of him in situations like this.

If this is what you are going to do as president then how are you different from the folks you criticise?
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by muzeze77: 6:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
If he does not , he can be held liable which means he pays money to cnn. Unlike Nigeria he cannot just take money out of the nation coffers
Re: Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist by omakay(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

Exactly . Let's see if CNN will sue him for not answering Acosta 's questions

I watched a recent press conference (not sure if it's the exact one) and i observed something.

Press conferences like that are always called up based on a very pressing issue. Journalists in attendance are supposed to ask questions strictly relating to the issue at hand. But some of them do this very silly thing of asking questions about matters that are not PRIMARILY RELEVANT at that time.

This act is no random act. It is done to put whoever is being questioned off balance. The President should not be treated that way.

It now begins to look like a PUBLIC INTERROGATION.

Not good at all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BA Plane U-turns From Tel Aviv After Flights Are Suspended / "Dying By The Dozens Every Day" - Ukraine Losses Climb - BBC / BREAKING: Guatemala To Move Embassy To Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.