Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,990 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria (418 Views)

Akwa Ibom APC Guber Candidate, Akanimo Udofia Sings With Young Children (Video) / Atiku Abubakar Meets With Young Content Creators, Entrepreneurs And Entertainers / Twitter Community Amazed By Bukola Saraki’s Interaction With Young Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiasPOpvNneAhUK3lMKHUpnD8QQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2018%2F05%2Fhumiliating-ordeal-slave-oman-22-year-old-nigerian-girl-2%2F&psig=AOvVaw1kx_BhdlU3NlIBAlhB8n-g&ust=1542476889949532
Re: Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 6:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
Vanguard News Nigeria

My humiliating ordeal as a slave in Oman —22-year-old Nigerian girl
Nwafor Polycarp Nwafor Polycarp
6 months ago

•Says all Arabs see black girls as sex objects
•Many Nigerian girls killed without trace

By Chris Onuoha

The quest for greener pastures abroad by some Nigerian youths is on the increase despite calls by concerned citizens to desist from such practices. The aftermath of such trips, orchestrated by touts and dubious travel agents with consequential effects, is a sordid story. Many who embarked on such trips either to the point of destination or turned back, return to tell tales of bruised emotions or disorientation.

The plight of these young African girls who are lured into the belief that life is better outside the country has become an unending story. Such obnoxious arrangements – call it economic migration, human trafficking or slavery in disguise- have attracted huge derision from the general public, even with the highly placed monarch, Oba of Benin, raining curses on the perpetrators. Many people assume that the heinous trade started with foreign businessmen, but the truth is that Nigerians are either partners in crime or originally conceptualized the idea.

In a true life story, Damilola Falodun, a 22-year old native of Ekiti State is one of such victims who escaped and returned from Oman, Middle East by sheer grace. Having lost both parents in one year, a period in time when life should have been bubbling as a promising junior level (OND) student at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta in 2014, things took a nose dive for her as she could not continue her education. She was in a sudden labyrinth, having no one to actually depend on as her siblings were in the same survival dilemma.

Vanguard’s Weekend Woman caught up with her during the recently held Queen Moremi Ajasoro cultural beauty pageant in Lagos. Her story is one case too many among others who either have died or do not know how to get back to Nigeria.

Her story

In the beginning

I am a native of Ekiti State and live at Oluwaga area of Ipaja, Lagos State. Currently, my parents are late. Before then, my father was a businessman residing in Abia State. For quite a period of time, about seven years, I never got to see him until his death in 2014. He was separated from my mother when I was much younger, due to irreconcilable domestic issues caused by his family. Initially, he came home sparingly and after my step sister got married, he stopped coming home but ironically, he would call me especially on my birthdays to wish me well. I was 19 years old then and in school, preparing for my Ordinary National Diploma first semester exam (OND) when I received a call from home announcing that my dad was dead. I became devastated and had to miss the exam as a result of that. My father did not survive an asthma ailment coupled with the fact that he lived alone away from home.
Re: Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
These girls need to wake up. Whether it is Italy, Spain, Libya, Dubai, Oman.....do not go unless you have a family there to look out for you. You are going to live and stay with them....not recruited by an agency for work. Any agent recruiting you for $5,000 a month would already have all members of his family over there and wouldnt be looking for strangers to send.

Women fall for sweet mouth easily. These criminals agents have sweet tongue. Its a match!
Re: Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria by Thewesterner(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
Following
Re: Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria by meobizy(f): 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
This made front page a while ago.
Re: Hey Mods, Very Important To Share With Young Girls Everywhere In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2018
meobizy:
This made front page a while ago.

So do they need come to nairaland and read? As many times as this issue has been broadcasted they are still going. Oba of Benin spoke out against it. Edo governor spoke against it. Ooni has spoken against it. Sultan has spoken against it. On a visit by VP to Onitsha last year Obi spoke against it when he touched on youth employment.

What else needs to be done to get sense for these girls. I think govt need to start raiding these agents. Any agent found guilty should be summarily executed. There has to be some deterrent. If foreigners dont respect our girls on their soil they wont respect our women even on our soil because they will view them all in same light.

I respect this girls strength for her endurance but i have no pity for her. Im sure if some agent flash same promise to her for Canada or US she will still jump on it. But even in Canada and US there are girl slaves used for prostitution and stripper joints and are pimped. Its even worse in US because over there they will get her hooked on drugs in addition to exploiting her body.

Find men to marry in naija and be content. If you want go abroad find relative to get you in and give you support...not a bloody agent.

Naija men sef abeg begin marry these girls, take two, three, even four sef. Girls nowadays dont depend on you for money they just want a man as head over them and in partnership to raise family. Marry them my brothers, abeg.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Chekwas Okorie’s UPP Adopts Muhammadu Buhari / Atiku’s Six-year Policy Plan Worries South / ADP Action Democratic Party Federal Constituency And Parts Of South West Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.