Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters (19214 Views)

Group Writes Tinubu, Demands Amnesty For Boko Haram, Bandits In The North / Video Of Ex Governor Obiano Wearing Boxers At The EFCC Detention Center / Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
By Wisdom Peter,

The Nigerian Army, according to reports from The Vanguard has embarked on the building of a detention centre in Borno state to improve management of detainee rebels during investigations.

The Director of Army Public Relations, Brig. Gen. Texas Chukwu disclosed this on Friday in Maiduguri, saying, that the project had become imperative to enhance the management of detained insurgents, in accordance with international best practices.

Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai is said, according to the statement to have been represented by The Chief of Logistics, Army Headquarters, Maj.-Gen. Enobong Udoh at the foundation-laying ceremony of the project.

The Chief of Army Staff in a statement said that the ongoing counter-insurgency operations in the North-East had necessitated the arrest and detention of suspected insurgents, who must be properly catered for in accordance with international best practices and that the facility would also serve as transit holding and detention centre
for suspected insurgents before handing them over to the relevant prosecution or rehabilitation agencies.

“The quest for a functional safe holding facility, with adequate sanitary conditions for effective management of suspected insurgents for further investigation, is the driving force behind the execution of the project.

“To relieve the frontline units of the responsibility of administering arrested suspects, there is the need to have a facility where suspects will be kept and properly managed.

“This is the reason why the Joint Investigation Centre was established,” he said.

Head of Sub-Delegation of the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), Mr. Markus Dolder also spoke and commended the project as being an “indication of compliance by the Nigerian Army with global best practices.”

Attendants of the event as listed by The Vanguard include: Maj.-Gen. Abba Dikko, the outgoing Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Brig.-Gen. Abdulmalik Biu, the Acting General Officer Commanding, 7 Division, and Brig.-Gen. Ibrahim Salihu, the Commander, Joint Investigation Centre.

Other officials present also at the event are, Others at the event include Mr Inuwa Garba, the Comptroller, Nigeria Prison Service, Borno Command, and Mr Amro Ibrahim, ICRC’s Deputy Head of Sub Delegation in Borno, as well as representatives of the police.

See More At
https://www.brainnewsradio.com/army-builds-detention-center-for-boko-haram-fighters/

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by mekaboy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
Feed them with 100 billion too.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
cool

Very commendable of the Nigerian Army. Atleast my Boko Haram Soldiers will enjoy first class treatment while they are in detention. I hope the facility is well equipped with standard A.C and 24hrs light and running water? And don't forget to assign #3.5m to each of them for feeding. We must not give room for terrorism in Nigeria

~ProsidentBuhari

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Racoon(m): 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
Why this useless thinking? So that another multi-billion naira scam of feeding one of them for #3.5M monthly too will start again right? Guess BH have a detention centre for the Nigerian Army too? A good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Heywhizzy(m): 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
Detainee wey dem go release after two seconds

I thought at least Boko Haram will be a thing of the past by now but according to M.I Abaga "Why am I expecting more, when half of APC were PDP before"

7 Likes

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by tuzeriouz(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
No need to build just shoot them at sight

2 Likes

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by XTHRONE(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
Jokers

1 Like

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
angry

More like a training camp

4 Likes

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Onlinealaba(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
lol, keep terrorist in detention centers? I just pity the officers that will be guarding the place cos series of attacks will be witnessed from the insurgents..well we are watching

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Wizzyflexx: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
lol..next
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by potent5(m): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
Detention abi 'rehab' center where they will do ojoro and release the terrorists after 2 months 'repentant' wetin call.

3 Likes

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by NumbEmotions(m): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
Seriously there's no point building a detention center ...What happened to Hell
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by 2kris(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
#onward
Victory is from God alone
Our victory is sure
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Kennedy94(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
hope it would be use for that purpose
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
Waste of money

Kill this bastards

3 Likes

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Sweetcollins: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
E no clear
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by NessaBoo(f): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
Nigeria's very own Guantanamo Bay!! grin

5 Likes

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by instaforexngr(m): 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
Nigeria is rich and blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

Yes !
And the Ipob bastards too .
Kill all the terrorists terrorising Nigeria

I never knew Boko Haram has fans shocked shocked...

Are you a Yoruba Muslim?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by chiedu7: 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

Yes !
And the Ipob bastards too .
Kill all the terrorists terrorising Nigeria

If IPOB is bad then let them leave.

It's Obvious u hate them,so why keep them?
Are you scared you cannot live on ur own?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Kenekingisback: 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
After how many years of bombing them abi

1 Like

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by IrokoOluwere: 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

I never knew Boko Haram has fans shocked shocked...

Are you a Yoruba Muslim?
Omg . So Ipob terrorists has fans shocked
Are you an osu Jew? shocked shocked
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
Photo or I don't believe it crew will soon land...
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by ithink7: 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
They are slowly building this Boko Haram thing into an industry.

Once this become a full blown industry, BH be here forever until the day Nigeria will cease to exist or BH grow wings to overrun the country.

What the government suppose to do is engage intelligence to destroy BH from source instead of waiting for them to attack.

The average man in the north knows where BH hideout is but this government is not sincere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by AmazingELixir: 11:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
lipsrsealed

The army meant to say torture chamber in the class of Nazi concentration camps..

Meanwhile the army is think of providing conducive facilities for mass murderers while they are busy planting bullets upandan on my brothers down south who went to run some bottles in a bar.

Baba God dey watch NA ooh!
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by obinnanelson4(m): 12:22am On Nov 17, 2018
people that should be killed to go and meet their virgins, you are wasting tax payers money to build mansion for them... Nonsense.
Re: Army Builds Detention Center For Boko Haram Fighters by Tabuku: 2:46am On Nov 17, 2018
It’s now I believe that all is game APC are playing. Build detention center for Boko haram terrorist in Maiduguri? After the spend billions to build it and claim feeding no one but just people almajiries there . Because no one will go to check. They knew Boko haram went to face Army in their Barack’s talk less of just camp where you keep their people, within 25 seconds they will get them back. APC should go, because Bunu Sharief knows the way he made money.. He is Boko haram sponsor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Presidential Candidates Have Impressed You So Far? / Obaseki: Presidency Must Return To South-South In 2023 / Buhari Mourns Yinka Odumakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.