Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari (1158 Views)

Ndigbo Endorsement Ceremony Of Bola Tinubu, Shettima (video) / Atiku Lacks What It Takes To Champion Anti-Corruption Drive – Ambode / Femi Adesina Posts Cryptic 'reaction' To Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the split within the Ohanaeze Igbo socio-cultural group over its reported endorsement of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), did not surprise him.
He made the remark while speaking at a meeting with a select group of South-east leaders on Friday, at the State House, Abuja.

According to a statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and publicity, Garba Shehu, President Buhari said that the moment the so-called resolution was announced; he got calls from well-meaning leaders from the region asking him to disregard it as it was without any substance.

He said “From that moment, I knew that the resolution would not stand, and alas, there it was.”

President Buhari said that his party, the All Progressives Congress, got it right from the very beginning that the major problems facing the country were mainly on security, corruption and the economy.

He said “We have done so much. Given the chance, we will do more. Given every chance, we will tell Nigerians where we were in 2015 and what we have achieved up to now.

“We will not get tired of speaking about the golden opportunity Nigeria lost during 16 years of the PDP. We earned money, which we didn’t use,” he said.

“The state of infrastructure we inherited was terrible – no roads, the railway was killed and power. They lacked conscience because anybody with conscience will not do what they did. We will report them to Nigerians. Let anybody lead this country but not the PDP. They were so reckless with the resources of the country,” the President said.

“If you ruin the economy, send your children abroad to get education, won’t they come back?” he asked, adding: “I said it 30 years ago that this is the only country we have. We must stay here and salvage it together.”

The leaders of the delegation, Engineer Emeka Ekwuosa and the National Chairman of the United Progressive Party (UPP), Chief Chekwas Okorie, informed President Buhari that the Igbos and South-easterners generally understand the good things he is doing for Nigeria which they said, had unfortunately been misunderstood.

They promised to mobilise support for him in the south-east, saying that his re-election will be a national consensus.

SOURCE - http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/11/ohanaezes-endorsement-of-atiku-lacks.html

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by socialmediaman: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hahahahahaha politicians will collect Buhari’s money and tell him what he wants to hear, just like they did to Goodluck Jonathan in 2015

The more Buhari steals money through Gandollar and Oshiomhole to settle these politicians, the more he goes deeper into Nigeria’s dark archives.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by EngrMarve(m): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
noted
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Nature8(m): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
Anakogheri grin

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by shakmati(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lol. Chekwas Okorie my man! Bwahahaha
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Beremx(f): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
He's really pained.

A repeat of 2015 will happen. This time around all southern states and the middle belt will join.

Nonsense and Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
'Buhari steals money through Gandollar'
Does this even make sense?
socialmediaman:
Hahahahahaha politicians will collect Buhari’s money and tell him what he wants to hear, just like they did to Goodluck Jonathan in 2015

The more Buhari steals money through Gandollar and Oshiomhole to settle these politicians, the more he goes deeper into Nigeria’s dark archives.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
Well we'd see, only time will tell.
Beremx:
He's really pained.

A repeat of 2015 will happen. This time around all southern states and the middle belt will join.

Nonsense and Buhari
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
What does that mean?
Nature8:
Anakogheri grin
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
E pain am well well cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Nature8(m): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
cute9ja:
What does that mean?

It means "Iberiberism"
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nature8:

It means "Iberiberism"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by poscabafash: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
2019 is upon us already

Cc Mynd44
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
cute9ja:

Oya... Let's see FG move against Gandollar..
It's impossible.. Don't give me that immunity ish..
FG froze Benue and Ekiti accounts.. Let's see it happen here
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
One thing good about Igbos is that we are honest enough to show where we belong. People will say it is bad because we end up losing when things don’t go the way we vote but it is how we are. We don’t need to say A while we mean B.
Buhari, Igbos Won’t vote for you. It is not because you are Fulani, no but because you are an incompetent bigot with disregard for human life which is sacred. We are not saying you will lose when we don’t vote for you, we are only telling you how we feel about you and your government. It is ok for you to appoint all your brothers and people from other regions into sensitive positions and continue to sideline us. We are happy with it , don’t just send your murderous herdsmen to the East.
If the rest of the country decide to give you a second time in the face of glaring incompetence, bad economic decisions and corruption , then that’s your luck.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
Only time will tell, DSS detained and questioned APC national chairman, and most people overlooked, like it waa no big deal, i can imagine the uproar if PDP national chairman was questioned by DSS
ZombiePUNISHER:

Oya... Let's see FG move against Gandollar..
It's impossible.. Don't give me that immunity ish..
FG froze Benue and Ekiti accounts.. Let's see it happen here
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
You are only speaking for yourself not the Igbo nation, Igbo leaders are more divided than you can ever imagine. Infact, that is the resaon why the region is finding it difficult to provide one stong candidate to rule Nigeria.
AmuDimkpa:
One thing good about Igbos is that we are honest enough to show where we belong. People will say it is bad because we end up losing when things don’t go the way we vote but it is how we are. We don’t need to say A while we mean B.
Buhari, Igbos Won’t vote for you. It is not because you are Fulani, no but because you are an incompetent bigot with disregard for human life which is sacred. We are not saying you will lose when we don’t vote for you, we are only telling you how we feel about you and your government. It is ok for you to appoint all your brothers and people from other regions into sensitive positions and continue to sideline us. We are happy with it , don’t just send your murderous herdsmen to the East.
If the rest of the country decide to give you a second time in the face of glaring incompetence, bad economic decisions and corruption , then that’s your luck.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Yyeske(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
Unlike in 2015 when Ohaneze Ndigbo endorsed GEJ, things are falling apart as even Ohaneze ain't too sure who to endorse because they don't want to repeat same mistake of 2015.
IPOBians and Atikulators, beware.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Racoon(m): 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
Acute panic attack in the presidency and everywhere in the APC.Abeg endorsement is not electoral victory but why is the APC so obsessed with the alleged "inconsequential 5%ters like this even regaling us with phantom projects in the SE?
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
cute9ja:
You are only speaking for yourself not the Igbo nation, Igbo leaders are more divided than you can ever imagine. Infact, that is the resaon why the region is finding it difficult to provide one stong candidate to rule Nigeria.
Igbo leaders? Who are they ? Unless the elections are rigged, Igbo leaders won’t have anything to do with the outcome. People will vote against that government.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
cute9ja:

Of course, everyone has seen Buhari for who he really is except for those who are yet to open their eyes to reality. Buhari loots the treasury through proxies like Gandollar, Oshiomhole and heads of special agencies like NNPC. He doesn’t receive bribe money directly that’s why he has no case to answer.

He’s like Abacha whom we thought was a saint, till he passed suddenly without covering his tracks, now we know better. I remember on one occasion when workers were on strike and Abacha was on TV in an interview claiming he was being owed salary too cos he was a government worker, and I thought to myself “what a simple leader”.

I’m not trying to convince you cos I know you can’t be convinced, but if a man praises and mingles with corrupt people, don’t tell me he’s not corrupt please
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by hammerFC: 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
SO THE JITTERY IN APC OVER OHANAEZE ENDORSEMENT IS TRUE?

AT LEAST BOTH OF DEM NA ABOKI, THIS TIME, LET US SEE WAT THEY WILL CALL IT THIS TIME.

WE HEARD ALL THE NAMES THEY CALLED IGBO FOR SUPPORTING AN IJAW MAN.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
I don't understand what you mean by 'mingles with corrupt people'
As if you see Buhari chill and drink beer with Ganduje everyday

socialmediaman:

Of course, everyone has seen Buhari for who he really is except for those who are yet to open their eyes to reality. Buhari loots the treasury through proxies like Gandollar, Oshiomhole and heads of special agencies like NNPC. He doesn’t receive bribe money directly that’s why he has no case to answer.

He’s like Abacha whom we thought was a saint, till he passed suddenly without covering his tracks, now we know better. I remember on one occasion when workers were on strike and Abacha was on TV in an interview claiming he was being owed salary too cos he was a government worker, and I thought to myself “what a simple leader”.

I’m not trying to convince you cos I know you can’t be convinced, but if a man praises and mingles with corrupt people, don’t tell me he’s not corrupt please
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
Still waiting for the year when Igbos will be the only major candidates smiley
hammerFC:
SO THE JITTERY IN APC OVER OHANAEZE ENDORSEMENT IS TRUE?

AT LEAST BOTH OF DEM NA ABOKI, THIS TIME, LET US SEE WAT THEY WILL CALL IT THIS TIME.

WE HEARD ALL THE NAMES THEY CALLED IGBO FOR SUPPORTING AN IJAW MAN.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by IamAtikulate: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Your Excellency SE is a done deal. We are already on lock down waiting to stimulate with 6M votes. Try Yoruba Moslems
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by cute9ja: 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
6 million is small, it's 600 million you people will get
IamAtikulate:
Your Excellency SE is a done deal. We are already on lock down waiting to stimulate with 6M votes. Try Yoruba Moslems
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Duplik8t77(m): 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
dictator has spoken
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
Emeka Odikpo asks:
"What type of election is Buhari contesting? He will not debate. He will not grant interviews to the press in Nigeria.He will not respond to multiple allegations of fraud. He will not tell us about any plans that he might have. He will just sit in Aso Rock and mealy mouths like Amaechi will keep on talking. Is there a history of such a candidate in the civilized world?"
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Endorsement Of Atiku Lacks Substance – Buhari by IamAtikulate: 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
cute9ja:
6 million is small, it's 600 million you people will get
No, we are giving 6M, guaranteed.

(1) (Reply)

''I Shall Not Die But Live'' Dino Melaye Blasts Police / Watch Video : Atiku, Saraki, Fayose In Dance Competition At Ekiti Campaign Rally / Why Vote Out Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.