Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) (32860 Views)

My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video) / Lady Finds Cockroach In Her Sealed Juice (Photos) / The Making Of Fried Fish Stew (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by IrokoOluwere: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

Squeezed all those oranges by hand? Well done!
Get this kind of instrument for the next one ... it goes on the lid of a collection cup

I will look into this sir.
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by IrokoOluwere: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
C505:

You did fine brother but you missed it when you didn't include that white layer. Try get a homogenizing machine to juice fruits. It'll help you juice it all while loosing no nutrients because i can bet you what you have here is just sugar water which is just about 5% of the fruit value. A pure orange juice should be yellow and not orange.
I juice a lot of fruits in large quantities and store them in the freezer. Orange juice can be bitter but when you juice other fruits like pineapples or apples, you can blend it with the orange to give it a more suitable to drink taste. Homogenizing machines aren't that expensive but I'll advice you get a masticating machine instead of centrifugal

It's OK if you got all the thumbs down from people. We all learn from our mistake and only when you do mistakes that you come out stronger.

If you want, we can talk
It’s that green bark that makes it bitter . And that’s why I peeled them .
Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by C505: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

It’s that green bark that makes it bitter . And that’s why I peeled them .

The green bark will save your life someday and that's why i pointed out that you add sweeteners like apple, pineapple, or dates which tastes like honey. These juices will up the taste of the orange for you

This is what i use for all juices except coconut

If you want only sugar water, then the manual squeezer posted on the last page is just fine but if you want real juice, a masticating or centrifugal is the best

Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by Julivas(m): 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
Mobilia:
This is nice. Making fresh orange juice the "old-fashioned" way. This is definitely "grass roots" style.
I was expecting some kind of juice machine...

Nice one sis. Longest time. How are you doing?
Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by Jonadull: 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2018
Zieina:

Better utensils should have been used. Poor presentation overall.
I hope you’re still enjoying your ban grin grin
E maa ni suuru díè díè No be everything you’ll quickly get upset and start using cuss words or derogatory remarks .
Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by Zieina(f): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:

I hope you’re still enjoying your ban grin grin
E maa ni suuru díè díè No be everything you’ll quickly get upset and start using cuss words or derogatory remarks .

You're not as intelligent as you think you are. (You had to wait this long to quote me). If you were sure of your power, you would have quoted me immediately you typed that nonsense to know whether or not I was banned. Didirin.
Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by Jonadull: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2018
Zieina:

You're not as intelligent as you think you are. (You had to wait this long to quote me). If you were sure of your power, you would have quoted me immediately you typed that nonsense to know whether or not I was banned. Didirin.
Lol .i know You were banned .
But you still haven’t learnt your lesson.
Please stop the insults already . Ok?
Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by Zieina(f): 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:

Lol .i know You were banned .
But you still haven’t learnt your lesson.
Please stop the insults already . Ok?

I wasn't banned, oga! And no, I'm not insulting you, just helping you to reason cos honestly, if you really wanted to test your power, you should have quoted me immediately after your call out or a day after at most.

P.S- you reek of hypocrisy. Don't quote me again.
Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by Jonadull: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2018
Zieina:

I wasn't banned, oga! And no, I'm not insulting you, just helping you to reason cos honestly, if you really wanted to test your power, you should have quoted me immediately after your call out or a day after at most.

P.S- you reek of hypocrisy. Don't quote me again.
I will quote you cheesy

Re: The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) by meobizy(f): 12:35am On May 05, 2021
The only thing I’m wondering is how much effort went into this venture. It would make more sense if the procedure was mechanized. Why should I create juice that will make my hands swell or get sore for three full days?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Packaged Garri Is Now Available In The Market[photo] / I Need Urgent Help On Where To Get Essential Oils In Nigeria / Eat Healthy! How I Prepare Delicious Nigerian Vegetable Salad, (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.