Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,273 members, 7,839,364 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Plenty Evils:Reasons Why Older Generation Should Stop Blaming Younger Generation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Plenty Evils:Reasons Why Older Generation Should Stop Blaming Younger Generation (358 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / My Father Is Blaming Me For Our Suffering / Una Wey Una Mama No Born Plenty Pikin No Know Wetin God Do For Una. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plenty Evils:Reasons Why Older Generation Should Stop Blaming Younger Generation by SweetyMarvel00(m): 1:19am On Nov 17, 2018
''Children of Nowadays!''

When I hear that phrase, it grieves me because it is badly pressed.
Not all children of nowadays are bad,
Not all children of nowadays are disrespectful,
Not all children of nowadays are husband/wife snatchers,
Not all children of nowadays are lazy cowards.

It all boils down to upbringing and personal character of the child and most of these new age parents raising nuisance children are from older generation. So when you say, CHILDREN OF NOWADAYS, whose generation is deceiving who? it has always been like this, even the upcoming future generation will be tagged, children of nowadays.

Arguably, all the bad parents raising bad kids today are also from that older generation classified as "Children of Nowadays" in their own time. Character and habits of parents has a lot to do with children of nowadays syndrome, as long as the blood and the gene exist. So before you curse or accuse or threaten or condemn or cast a stone on the children of nowadays, reflect on yourself if you were not also classified as children of nowadays in your own time. Everything starts from the family, including the "Children of nowadays" and children are born into parents of older generation.

Not all children of olden days are pace setters today,
Not all children of olden days are disciplined today,
Not all children of olden days are respectful and good today.

Earnest Hermingway was one of the greatest writers of his day, but depression, alcoholism and suicide plagued him and his family members. Hermingway took his own life in 1961. his sister committed suicide five years later. His brother committed suicide sixteen years later. His grand daughter did the same thing 1996. It's interesting also that Hermingway's father took his life in 1928. I was wondering what would have happened back in 1920's if his father had deactivated the suicide gene. If he had taken authority over the negative spirit and instead activated the faith gene, the victory gene, the more than a conqueror gene. he could have changed the family line. he might have started generational blessing, instead of generation curse.

I[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]n 1874,a member of the New York prison board noticed there were six persons from the same family serving in one of the prisons. He was intrigued and did a study. he traced the family line back to a man by name, MAX JUKES, who was born in 1920. He was known as a trouble maker, a heavy drinker with no integrity. he married a woman just like him.
They had six daughters and two sons. twelve hundred of their descendants were studied. Of those, 310 were homeless, 180 were alcoholics, 161 were drug addicts, 150 were criminals and 7 of them committed murder.

Another family that lived around that same time also was studied. the head of this family was Jonathan Edwards, who was born in 1903. He was a famous theologian and the president of Princeton University. He married his wife, Sara and was a devoted family man. they remained married for 31 years until his death. they had 11 children. fourteen hundred of their descendants were studied. Among them 13 were college presidents, 66 were professors, 100 were attorneys, 85 were authors of classic books, 32 were state judges, 66 were physicians and 80 were holders of public office holders, including 3 governors , 3 U. Senators and one vice president of the United States.

I believe that children of olden days are also contributing to what children of nowadays are turning into. Children of olden days make a lot of impact on the children of nowadays.

Therefore, in most cases,
The disrespectful children of nowadays learnt from the children of olden days,
The wayward children of nowadays learnt from the children of olden days etc.

The reality here is that no generation is totally bad, no generation is totally good. Therefore the logical thing to do is to stop generalizing. If we don't stop generalizing and then you walk up to me as an older generation and say, oh children of nowadays are this and that. perhaps, I may as well look into your eyes and tell you, children of olden days are this and that...

The older generation should stop acting "Thou art holy" and then tag the younger generation, "Thou art guilty."

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Apartment For Sale / Women And Marriage / Who Are Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.