Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat (2387 Views)

Rita Dominic Welcomes Friends To England Ahead Of Her Church Wedding (video) / Nina Ivy To Cover Her Scars With A Tattoo / Uchenna Nnanna Plays The Role Of Mary In Passion Of Christ Drama In Her Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by G1STM0RE: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2018
A Nigerian lady on Twitter, Adeola, took to the platform to share how the deacon of her church, upon seeing her haircut asked her to cover it either with a wig or a hat.

Adeola shared a photo of herself rocking the haircut which apparently was disdained by the deacon who had also seen the picture and so she asked that it’s all covered when she’s coming to church.

Adeola became somewhat insulted by this and so she decided that maybe she’ll find another church that can accommodate her haircut because she can’t change herself just because of a Church.

She shared the photo on her page below and wrote,

Deacon in church saw my picture with the haircut and told me to wear wig or hat when coming to church.

Me: I’ll find another church that can accommodate my haircut!

I am who I am, you can’t change me

Happy Sunday o jare

GIST FROM GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/lady-quits-church-told-cover-haircut-wig-hat

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by G1STM0RE: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2018
sad
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nwodosis(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2018
In some religion of peace, your insistence not to cover your hair to their place of worship may attract beheading!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by enoch273: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2018
she is free to be initiated into coven angry
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by youngberry001(m): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2018
Lolx grin
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by clive2u(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2018
if u come wear wig now they'll say cover with head tie. all. these self righteous people sef

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Tamarapetty(f): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2018
Will covering your hair remove anything from your body?? Go to living faith church then

3 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by TINTINABULATION(m): 9:15am On Nov 17, 2018
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by TINTINABULATION(m): 9:16am On Nov 17, 2018
The road to hell fire is laid with good intentions.
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Kennedy94(m): 9:25am On Nov 17, 2018
Her choice
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 17, 2018
I think we Christians enjoy too much freedom of choice and expression.That is why we find it difficult to obey simple instructions like this.That is the reason why most people identify themselves with Christianity.It is not because they really want to worship God in truth and in spirit.It is because Christianity gives its members the leeway to do whatever they like.That is the exact reasons you see most Christians acting in defiance of most of the tenets of Christianity with impunity.If it was in the Islamic religion where conformity to basic rules is mandatory,this lady won't have to be told to even cover her hair before she does.
Plus,What will it even take out of her if she covers her hair for the duration of the service.Is she any better than the deaconess who admonished her to do so or even the other women who were present in the church?.
Her hubris is her greatest undoing.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 17, 2018
G1STM0RE:
A Nigerian lady on Twitter, Adeola, took to the platform to share how the deacon of her church, upon seeing her haircut asked her to cover it either with a wig or a hat.

Adeola shared a photo of herself rocking the haircut which apparently was disdained by the deacon who had also seen the picture and so she asked that it’s all covered when she’s coming to church.

Adeola became somewhat insulted by this and so she decided that maybe she’ll find another church that can accommodate her haircut because she can’t change herself just because of a Church.

She shared the photo on her page below and wrote,

GIST FROM GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/lady-quits-church-told-cover-haircut-wig-hat

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
She is USELESS
If it was an ORDINARY LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMAN that asked her cover her hair before he would attend to her, would she have canceled the visit or walked out on him...??

If it were a SENATOR that asked her to set her buttocks for Confirmation, would she have objected...
NOW u rush to social media to TYPE RUBBISH, threatening to quit the church.
I don't blame you, it's just because CHRISTIANITY offers a lot of freedom, thereby making it malleable for these new generation thieves who call themselves gods of men to manipulate.

Just get out of the CHURCH.
GO to where they tell you what you want to hear.
ASSOCIATION OF DILUTED CHRISTIANS

3 Likes

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2018
Kolombz:
I think we Christians enjoy too much freedom of choice and expression.That is why we find it difficult to obey simple instructions like this.That is the reason why most people identify themselves with Christianity.Not because they really want to worship God in truth and in spirit.It is because Christianity gives its members the leeway to do whatever they like.That is the exact reasons you see most Christians acting in defiance of most of the tenets of Christianity with impunity.If it was in the Islamic religion where conformity to basic rules is mandatory,this lady won't have to be told to even cover her hair before she does.
Plus,What will it even take out of her if she covers her hair for the duration of the service.Is she any better than the deaconess who admonished her to do so or even the other women who were present in the church?.
Her hubris is her greatest undoing.

That's just it.
U made a STRONG STARTING POINT.
I don't need to read through your statement to know your worth.
Too much FREEDOM that people now take Christianity as SHOPRITES.
I blame these NEW GENERATION THIEVES who call themselves gods of men

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 17, 2018
The other day, someone (a MARRIED ADULT) told me he dislikes going to the ANGLICAN CHURCHES for worship, reason being that they do not have AIR CONDITIONERS......
Just imagine eediots every where.

What do MUSLIMS have....??
Most of their MOSQUES look like Mangers, yet I envy their commitment.
They Talk less.

Any CHURCH that makes you too comfortable as a SINNER whether by Air Conditioner, Parking Lots, Shopping Units, Crèches and rarely challenges your personal relationship with thy CREATOR is a SOCIAL CLUB....chaired by a THIEF

1 Like

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2018
Christianity is based on your relationship with Jesus..
You can cover all your body and everything..but don't have that relationship..

Being a Christian is not religion.. is personal..not church dogma..

Jesus came for the sinners not the righteous..
All this pastor teaching nonsense in church are the ones failing the church of Christ ..

Holiness is not physical.... neither is it to impress your fellow human..

Holiness is a walk with God.. is built on the love of Christ.. it's felt in the spirit ..

The spirit of God confirm the sons of God..not the church or the pastor or humans..

Why judge when you've not been there..have you died and face judgement of God?

Bible is very clear..but churches add theirs to manipulate their congregation..

Make peace with God today not your pastor or deacon or what people think...

And let love lead..

Jesus is alive for everymore.

Stay blessed.
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 17, 2018
bounty007:

All this pastor teaching nonsense in church are the ones failing the church of Christ ..

Holiness is a walk with God.. is built on the love of Christ.. it's felt in the spirit ..

The spirit of God confirm the sons of God..not the church or the pastor or humans..

And let love lead..

Stay blessed.
So, she should wear a BIKINI wear with the inscription "CHRIST" on it...and go to church
Hope you will be comfortable with her...??

I just hope one day you people will realise what you people have done to CHRISTIANITY in Nigeria, with all these " it doesn't matter" attitude...
No one worships CHRIST again in the US.
What you see everyday na TRANSGENDER and all sorts of RUBBISH....
U think the US is still a Christian Nation....abiii
This was exactly how they started...
Continue...
Enjoy the FREEDOM
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 17, 2018
EVILFOREST:

So, she should wear a BIKINI wear with the inscription "CHRIST" on it...and go to church
Hope you will be comfortable with her...??

I just hope one day you people will realise what you people have done to CHRISTIANITY in Nigeria, with all these " it doesn't matter" attitude...
No one worships CHRIST again in the US.
What you see everyday na TRANSGENDER and all sorts of RUBBISH....

This was exactly how they started...
Continue...
Enjoy the FREEDOM

Friend ..
If she swears a pant and bra to church..it matters less..
Going to church is not the end of Christianity and not the the reason Christ died on the cross..

End of Christianity is to make heaven ...
Christ came so that we might be save..a bikini wearing lady goes to church to hear the word of God..which is a free gift unto salvation..

The church can't and don't save people.. the world of God does.. the holy spirit.. convince and convict a some turn to turn a new leaf and follow Christ..

The church is were the word is preached..
We get save by hearing .. hearing the word..
Jesus has died for our sin..the church can't died for us again..

Everything is in your Bible..

Jesus dinned with sinner ..and like you ..the pharases of his time did condemn him..and he always in parables explain that which they failed to understand..

Is the sick that need the doctor..not the healthy..

Churches has decieve majority of so called Christians to believe dogma..

Christianity is your personal relationship with Jesus Christ.. is a personal race..

On your grave .. is you and your God..no church..no pastor ..no deacon..no choir.. is you your God and what you believe..

Read your Bible..

Be guided by the spirit of God..

Not by your pastor... It free.. very free.
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by nazablossom(f): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
I'm not a religious fanatic but the lady should have covered her hair. It is even wrong for a woman to cut her hair, let alone coming to church with it uncovered. And next she ran to social media to seek attention.

See her ugly hair sef,run along, you won't be missed. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by honestmike(m): 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
giving yourself unnecessary headache

Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Les: 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
She doesn't know what took her to the church in the first place if only a trivial thing like haircut can take her out. Too many church goers but less Christians.
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Les: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
bounty007:

And let love lead..

Stay blessed.
there's a fine line between truth and half truth and you my friend is on that line and you keep alternating between the two ends.
You made reference to the Bible a lot but didn't your Bible tell you about how our actions and inactions affect the faith of your brethren?
Didn't your Bible teach you the need to shun certain things despite there permisibility in our freedom in Christ Jesus? As not all is beneficial?
A lady wearing bikini to church, how do you think it will affect other congreants? All in the freedom we have in Christ?
No matter how you put it, the importance of pastors to the church can never be overemphasized as they are God's personal gift to the church.
Christianity is both a personal and also a corporate race!! Don't run the other and overlook the other!
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by FisifunKododada: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
She is right. The deacon is wrong.
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Les:
there's a fine line between truth and half truth and you my friend is on that line and you keep alternating between the two ends.
You made reference to the Bible a lot but didn't your Bible tell you about how our actions and inactions affect the faith of your brethren?
Didn't your Bible teach you the need to shun certain things despite there permisibility in our freedom in Christ Jesus? As not all is beneficial?
A lady wearing bikini to church, how do you think it will affect other congreants? All in the freedom we have in Christ?
No matter how you put it, the importance of pastors to the church can never be overemphasized as they are God's personal gift to the church.
Christianity is both a personal and also a corporate race!! Don't run the other and overlook the other!

The eyes is the window of the soul... Or your telling me is only in the church that bikini lady is first seen or regular seen by the members of the church?

The woman that did commit adultery was nearly lynched by church members in those days..
But Jesus said.. he who have no sin should cast the first stone..and from the elders to the young they left..
And he said.....woman your sins are forgiven........."

Now that's the standard.. it's for the man of God to make her understand the word of God..and lead her to salvation..not to push her out of God's presence..

Normal nigeria church will send her away in order of morality..
What if is the holy spirit that led her to the church to win a soul?

What if her next minute is her last.. ?
So her soul is lost because of the hypocritical nature of the church? About corrupting souls..

Brother the word of God is spiritual not carnAl
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Les: 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
bounty007:

The eyes is the window of the soul... Or your telling me is only in the church that bikini lady is first seen or regular seen by the members of the church?
christians should mind what they see, everything is permissible bit not all is necessary

The woman that did commit adultery was nearly lynched by church members in those days..
But Jesus said.. he who have no sin should cast the first stone..and from the elders to the young they left..
And he said.....woman your sins are forgiven........."

Now that's the standard.. it's for the man of God to make her understand the word of God..and lead her to salvation..not to push her out of God's presence..
i believe all genuine Christians are saved, she was not cast out, she was asked to cover her hair, maybe for the sake of propriety

Normal nigeria church will send her away in order of morality..
What if is the holy spirit that led her to the church to win a soul?
that is out of context, never the less, if it was the Holy Spirit that brought her to the church only the Holy Spirit should take her out as well, not trivial thing like haircut covering

What if her next minute is her last.. ?
So her soul is lost because of the hypocritical nature of the church? About corrupting souls..
you keep alternating and not maintaining one line of discussion, I wonder the kind of churches you come across tho

Brother the word of God is spiritual not carnAl
the physical is controlled by the sprirtual, if your physical life is not affected or changed by virtue of studying the word, something is wrong somewhere, you're not just studying it right
shalom!
Re: Lady Quits Her Church After She Was Told To Cover Her Haircut With A Wig Or Hat by Advans(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
Both Bible & Quran condemn women praying with head uncovered. Unfortunately the self-acclaimed Apostle Paul & other reigning pastors have turn d words of God upside down. They dont preach against uncovering of head anymore

(1) (Reply)

My Son On A Wig Resembles One Yoruba Actress- Nigerian Man / Check Out The Sex And Name Of Ebuka Obi-uchendu's Second Baby / Ashanti Displays Her Mind Blowing Physical Make-up In New Swimwear Photographs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.