Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Letter To The Boy Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To The Boy Child (432 Views)

Why Are The Girl Child Trained Different From The Boy Child? / Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Boy Child by Adematae(m): 8:17am On Nov 17, 2018
Dear boy child,

It gladdens my heart to reach out to you via this medium and I know how surprised you would be getting this letter for the first time unlike your female colleagues who have been written to countless times.
Trust you've been good and faring well with the roles society has ascribed to you even though it can be frustrating a times. I am writing to you to let you know that as a boy child, you are allowed to express your emotions just like the female gender, enough of concealing those emotions and bottling them up thereby getting lost in thought and depressions .

I know the society has defined a role for you as the boy child and you are trying to live with it, it says you shouldn't be seen crying so even when those tears wants to roll down , you soak them in just to prove that you are man, I know you are as vulnerable as your opposite sex but the society doesn't see this, I understand your plight of how the society has neglected you all along while empowering the girl child, I understand your need to be directed aright too.

I know a times you made those decisions to due lack of guidance or direction, I know how much you always needed someone to talk to but you never get a listening ear, I know how many times you've wished you came as a girl child so you can get enough attention as she does. Your transition stage to be a man has been a journey you walk through all by yourself, the society believes you need little or no attention, the society expects you to always find a solution to every problem that comes your way all by yourself and I know in trying to do this you have actually missed it at some point, you always wished they came to your school and counsel you on becoming a man but they rather came for the girl child.

I know how many times they've told you to "BE A MAN" over issues you really needed help with,over emotions you needed to channel out, over pains you needed to share, over help you need to ask for, over directions you seem confused with. The society has of a truth complicated your metamorphosis to a Man and that's why I have decided to reach you via this medium that you don't have to be constrained to societal guidelines that has limited you from expressing your inner self, the societal rules that doesn't recognize you also have weaknesses and that you are also vulnerable.

It's Okay to let those tears down when your eyes can't contain them any longer, it's Okay to be in position to ask for help, It's Okay to ask for direction when you are lost, It's Okay to ask to be loved, It's Okay to break down a times, It's Okay not to have answers to some questions. All these doesn't make you less of a Man at all but rather shows you are also human with blood and water running through your body system.

Thanks for patiently reading through this letter dear boy child and I hope to continually write to you . I'll be glad if I can get a response from you so we can together help become a better Man devoid of societal neglect and choking expectations.
Yours Sincerely,
Concerned Male Child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Boy Child by oweniwe(m): 8:24am On Nov 17, 2018
sad
Re: Letter To The Boy Child by McStoic(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2018
Na so e be
Re: Letter To The Boy Child by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2018
These are true words. smiley
Thumbs up to whoever wrote this. cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

***beware, A Housemaid Can Be A Blessing Or A Curse# / Digital Waterproof Wristwatch / Do You Have A Wedding To Prepare For Or You Are An Hausa Cap Lover; Slide In Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.