Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up (16100 Views)

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Godoverevery: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2021
After doing alot of research online to see if UNICEF or Government really care about a boy child..... i found out nobody cares.

This a thread to let female folks understand the hate towards them now isn't something that just pop up from nowhere but more psychological which is cause by neglect from society and harsh laws toward men.

There are several millions of campaigns in every part of the world towards fighting for the girl child....infact there are millions of activist fighting everyday for this agenda but no one is talking about the boy child.

We talk about rape,molestation,child marriage etc which are very bad toward the girl child but what about child labour which is actually what most boys up north face everyday.
Does it means mothers don't love there son?? or they feel is right for a boy to be on the street survivaling on his own from tender age of 10??

Are we saying having little boys doing labour in site, boy soldiers in war zone,sleeping on the street, going through molestation in hands of there oga etc is a lesser evil compare to rape,child marriage etc.

Everyone talks about what a girl child pass through in the north but not for one day has anyone spoken about what boys are facing which is much more......a boy of 5yrs in the north is on the street already doing various things to survive infact he can even be taking money to his mother and sisters to feed.....some are taken by boko haram forced into fighting a war.

We all talk about chibok girls but no one has talked about some boys book haram kidnapped years back and force them to join the war...those who were not willing to join were executed instantly.

Am not trying to bring a gender war here am just trying to bring this to people mind...the likes of tonto dike, iyabo ojo etc who have sons should also speak up for the boy child....isn't only the girl child that needs protection.

There are several laws created everyday to protect the female gender all over the world even absurd ones (like Ronaldinho paying 13k £ to a ex gf every month as maintenance fee) which is a Brazilian law and Canada is also trying to pass the same law.....how won't this cause hate??

Even though most of this laws are created by fellow men who i think are just simply foolish but ladies need not to exploit it..

Government of the world need to create laws to protect men/boy as well.

Things need to change else this hate will keep on increasing...government and society need to start advocating the boy child rights too so this feel of ño one cares which is transforming to hate towards female gender will stop.

The same way we are condemning rape of minors and child marriages let condemn child labour, boy soldiers, let condemn why the society feel comfortable with seeing minor boys on the streets.

Let speak up for boy child aswell.

235 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by KingEverest: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2021
Nice piece

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Ow0eg0kudi: 11:37am On Nov 25, 2021
Hmmmm @Godoverevery

Except if you choose to swim against the tide...nature has created the female gender to be nurtured, especially by the male gender hence the results of your research.

Save in exceptional cases, there is something in a man that wants to pamper and give a TCL to a woman.

I'll enjoin to accept the fact that it is a law of the universe, just like gravitational pull, that YOU cannot change except God (who is over every) chooses to reinvent the wheels.

E kú research . . .don't be an online professor but please ensure it is published in a journal��

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Angela62: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2021
Not until I gave birth to my son and started raising them, before I understood the kinds of challenges the male child faces. Society is built on the false premise that women have challenges only, and men are the cause if it. So therefore, male child are ignored. Before I use to tout anything female, but now, I can see that it's not a good approach because both gender suffer.

But I ask myself, after developing and elevating women, will they date and marry themselves? Isn't the same men that society ignored and don't want to invest upon will be their future husband, Co workers, pastors and much more? You can't tell me you love women and want to help them, why refusing to help men, same men that the majority of female happiness comes from. The earlier we open our eyes to the bigger picture, the better for all of us.

215 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2021
It's super pathetic...
I hear a lot of "protect the girl child" campaign and then I ask myself, who are they protecting the girl child from?? Boys??

I'm not say these campaigns are bad, buh they should be a balance.... Attention shouldn't just go to one gender, it's bad!!!

They make it feel like the males are the monsters and the females are the saints that needs protecting...

It's really pathetic!!!

When focus is paid to one gender alone, it will not solve the problem, rather it will create more problems...

Let's look at this...
The focus is on the female gender, will the female only interact with themselves?? Won't the interact with the male?? And when they eventually do, won't the males not try to exploit them all because they've been neglected ((If you doubt this, look at the relationship between a neglected child and a child showered with attention..see how they act around each other))...

Look at the stupid law that could land Ronaldhino in prison, with that law, do you think any male will want to interact with a female in that manner without fear?? Knowing fully well that if things goes south for whatever reason, only him gets to suffer the most?? Even though it's not his fault...

For God's sake these laws are causing a big rift between the opposite genders!!! Look at nairaland for instance, when a story is posted, the males will support the males, and the females will support the female, even though it is clearly seen that the male or the famle was wrong.... This laws are breeding toxicity!! It has invariably created "an us VS them" mindset

I don't even know those stupid men who makes those laws...like what exactly goes on in their heads when they make such laws??

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by isaiah4life(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2021
We are use to it. E no shake us. We move. Na today dem don dey neglect us yet we still dey succeed.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Jman06(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Angela62:
Not until I gave birth to my son and started raising them, before I understood the kinds of challenges the male child faces. Society is built on the false premise that women have challenges only, and men are the cause if it. So therefore, male child are ignored. Before I use to tout anything female, but now, I can see that it's not a good approach because both gender suffer.

But I ask myself, after developing and elevating women, will they date and marry themselves? Isn't the same men that society ignored and don't want to invest upon will be their future husband, Co workers, pastors and much more? You can't tell me you love women and want to help them, why refusing to help men, same men that the majority of female happiness comes from. The earlier we open our eyes to the bigger picture, the better for all of us.
I love your post and your sincerity on this subject.

That is what I have been saying. In our societies today, especially among the Igbos, more emphasis are placed on educating the girl children while their male counterparts are sent to go learn trade or skill with little or no education. When the females are done getting the best of education and jobs, they start searching for a suitable partner and unfortunately, they hardly find the kind of guys they want from amongst their people. So, some of them are left with no choice than look for equally educated men from other tribes while others settle in the awkward marriage with their barely educated Igbo traders. While the rest remain unmarried.

I believe there's need for value reorientation among our people. Equal opportunities should be given to both genders in terms of education and jobs. After all, so much is still demanded of men in our societies when it comes to shouldering family and societal responsibilities.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Godoverevery: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ow0eg0kudi:
Hmmmm @Godoverevery

Except if you choose to swim against the tide...nature has created the female gender to be nurtured, especially by the male gender hence the results of your research.

Save in exceptional cases, there is something in a man that wants to pamper and give a TCL to a woman.

I'll enjoin to accept the fact that it is a law of the universe, just like gravitational pull, that YOU cannot change except God (who is over every) chooses to reinvent the wheels.

E kú research . . .don't be an online professor but please ensure it is published in a journal��
Alright I will try to do that sir.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Godoverevery: 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
Angela62:

Thanks for this ma......we need good mothers like u to keep on putting this out there.

God bless you and your boys.

7 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Godoverevery: 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
Lalasticlala please help push to front page.
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ow0eg0kudi:
Hmmmm @Godoverevery

Trash!

7 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jman06:
I love your post and your sincerity on this subject.

That is what I have been saying. In our societies today, especially among the Igbos, more emphasis are placed on educating the girl children while their male counterparts are sent to go learn trade or skill with little or no education. When the females are done getting the best of education and jobs, they start searching for a suitable partner and unfortunately, they hardly find the kind of guys they want from amongst their people. So, some of them are left with no choice than look for equally educated men from other tribes while others settle in the awkward marriage with their barely educated Igbo traders. While the rest remain unmarried.

I believe there's need for value reorientation among our people. Equal opportunities should be given to both genders in terms of education and jobs. After all, so much is still demanded of men in our societies when it comes to shouldering family and societal responsibilities.

The reason there's more emphasis on girl child education is because of the fact that girls around the world were not educated but expected to be wives and mothers... undecided

These campaigns have successfully balanced the equation... Do you even realise that in Nigeria, more boys than girls are educated? Do you even bloody care?

Before you complain, go criticize the men who made it a law that girls aren't intelligent enough or worthy to go to school...

That's why we are where we are... Patriarchy back fires!

13 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by zed7: 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
It's funny that most of the laws favouring women are made by men. Weak men who make laws in the bedroom.

Men go through a lot. If feminism wasn't hypocrisy and was practised right, it would have been embraced by men because it is supposed to ensure equality and fairness.

Unfortunately, women are generally selfish and only use feminism card when it's convenient.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Lilsameey: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
They don't care about boys, even adult males are not left out.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Jman06(m): 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ow0eg0kudi:
Hmmmm @Godoverevery

Stop bringing nature and the universe into this. It is simply the way the early men set things during the stone age. That time, the means to survival were highly laborious and required so much brawn than brain. So, they felt the females were weaker (even though arguable), so they were put behind the males, such that the men did most of the work and catered for the women in exchange for sex and reproduction. That was how it all started.

But now things have changed. Modernization has made it such that survival requires more of mental energy than just physical and from what we have seen so far, the women are fairing better than even some men in this jet age.

So, to maintain peace, things just have to change. We need to redefine certain things, otherwise a time would come when men and women would be in great conflict.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jman06:
Stop bringing nature and the universe into this. It is simply the way the early men set things during the stone age. That time, the means to survival were highly laborious and required so much brawn than brain. So, they felt the females were weaker (even though arguable), so they were put behind the males, such that the men did most of the work and catered for the women in exchange for sex and reproduction. That was how it all started.

But now things have changed. Modernization has made it such that survival requires more of mental energy than just physical and from what we have seen so far, the women are fairing better than even some men in this jet age.

So, to maintain peace, things just have to change. We need to redefine certain things, otherwise a time would come when men and women would be in great conflict.
Actually, women still aren't faring better...

Domestic violence...
Sexual abuse...
FGM...
Child marriages...
Human trafficking...
They are denied of their right to be educated...

I'm glad you've accepted that men are the reason for this... So dont complain that you have to fix the mess your myopic ancestors created... To promote equality, raise the girl child to the level of the bot child..

8 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Jman06(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
zed7:
It's funny that most of the laws favouring women are made by men. Weak men who make laws in the bedroom.

Men go through a lot. If feminism wasn't hypocrisy and was practised right, it would have been embraced by men because it is supposed to ensure equality and fairness.

Unfortunately, women are generally selfish and only use feminism card when it's convenient.
Very selfish gender!
That is why after sacrificing the education and empowerment of the boy child for them, they'll still want to "marry up" even if it means marrying aliens so long as he's well off.

4 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
zed7:

Laws favouring women were created by men who believed they were stronger simply because they were men...

Do you even understand? The reason why women are evacuated with children... Because men massage their own egos, telling women that they are too weak to fight so they should be defended... undecided

Men don't go through half the sh** women go through... Societal expectations... You can never understand...

Feminism is a movement to raise up women whose rights have been violated! You think the feminists on Twitter and Nairaland define the movement? undecided

You have a problem with women saying girls should also be educated? Or that it's wrong to mutilate the body of a girl? Or that sexual abuse is wrong? That women should be paid the same wages as their male counterparts?

How is any of these biased?

And men cry like little emotional bitchẹs when their own system doesn't favour them... Karma.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jman06:
Very selfish gender!
That is why after sacrificing the education and empowerment of the boy child for them, they'll still want to "marry up" even if it means marrying aliens so long as he's well off.
You live under a rock!

BOYS ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE EDUCATED THAN GIRLS! undecided

Especially in Africa...

6 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Beautiful writeup!
Godoverevery:
After doing alot of research online to see if UNICEF or Government really care about a boy child..... i found out nobody cares.

This a thread to let female folks understand the hate towards them now isn't something that just pop up from nowhere but more psychological which is cause by neglect from society and harsh laws toward men.

There are several millions of campaigns in every part of the world towards fighting for the girl child....infact there are millions of activist fighting everyday for this agenda but no one is talking about the boy child.

We talk about rape,molestation,child marriage etc which are very bad toward the girl child but what about child labour which is actually what most boys up north face everyday.
Does it means mothers don't love there son?? or they feel is right for a boy to be on the street survivaling on his own from tender age of 10??

Are we saying having little boys doing labour in site, boy soldiers in war zone,sleeping on the street, going through molestation in hands of there oga etc is a lesser evil compare to rape,child marriage etc.

Everyone talks about what a girl child pass through in the north but not for one day has anyone spoken about what boys are facing which is much more......a boy of 5yrs in the north is on the street already doing various things to survive infact he can even be taking money to his mother and sisters to feed.....some are taken by boko haram forced into fighting a war.

We all talk about chibok girls but no one has talked about some boys book haram kidnapped years back and force them to join the war...those who were not willing to join were executed instantly.

Am not trying to bring a gender war here am just trying to bring this to people mind...the likes of tonto dike, iyabo ojo etc who have sons should also speak up for the boy child....isn't only the girl child that needs protection.

There are several laws created everyday to protect the female gender all over the world even absurd ones (like Ronaldinho paying 13k £ to a ex gf every month as maintenance fee) which is a Brazilian law and Canada is also trying to pass the same law.....how won't this cause hate??

Even though most of this laws are created by fellow men who i think are just simply foolish but ladies need not to exploit it..

Government of the world need to create laws to protect men/boy as well.

Things need to change else this hate will keep on increasing...government and society need to start advocating the boy child rights too so this feel of ño one cares which is transforming to hate towards female gender will stop.

The same way we are condemning rape of minors and child marriages let condemn child labour, boy soldiers, let condemn why the society feel comfortable with seeing minor boys on the streets.

Let speak up for boy child aswell.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Jman06(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Actually, women still aren't faring better...

Domestic violence...
Sexual abuse...
FGM...
Child marriages...
Human trafficking...
They are denied of their right to be educated...

I'm glad you've accepted that men are the reason for this... So dont complain that you have to fix the mess your myopic ancestors created... To promote equality, raise the girl child to the level of the bot child..
And I hope that after raising her to the level of the boy child, she'll stop being a burden on the boy child She'll not expect the boy child to provide for her wellbeing And that she'll see marriage as shared responsibility and not the responsibility of the men alone

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Karleb(m): 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
Angela62:

May God bless you.

This is the exact issue I have with feminism, you claim men are the problems. Fair enough, you collect all what the man has, give it to the woman and I wonder, is this girl going to live in isolation?

As long as there are men alive, forget it, neglecting men at the expense of women will always bring back the problems to the foot mat of the "future is female" gangs.

8 Likes

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jman06:
And I hope that after raising her to the level of the boy child, she'll stop being a burden on the boy child She'll not expect the boy child to provide for her wellbeing And that she'll see marriage as shared responsibility and not the responsibility of the men alone
It's sad you can't comprehend that it's men who made women burdens...

Years ago, men said women are weak... So women shouldn't work... So women shouldn't earn... So women should stay home... So women should expect to be taken care off...

Feminism is trying to encourage women to actually be independent...

Can you see how stupid men were then?

So because you think women are dependent, you're not in support of young African girls being educated? undecided

Two third of the 750 million illiterates worldwide are women... Do you care?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by zed7: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
Datboredberry:
Laws favouring women were created by men who believed they were stronger simply because they were men...

Do you even understand? The reason why women are evacuated with children... Because men massage their own egos, telling women that they are too weak to fight so they should be defended... undecided

Men don't go through half the sh** women go through... Societal expectations... You can never understand...

Feminism is a movement to raise up women whose rights have been violated! You think the feminists on Twitter and Nairaland define the movement? undecided

You have a problem with women saying girls should also be educated? Or that it's wrong to mutilate the body of a girl? Or that sexual abuse is wrong? That women should be paid the same wages as their male counterparts?

How is any of these biased?

And men cry like little emotional bitchẹs when their own system doesn't favour them... Karma.
You're not intelligent. I can't make head or tail of this write up.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
zed7:

You're not intelligent. I can't make head or tail of this write up.
Lmao! I'm not trying to be intelligent... You can't read and comprehend such a short write-up..?

My god! ⊙﹏⊙

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Karleb(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jman06:

This exactly where they are missing it.

As long as women continue to shy away from responsibilities, they are always going to take the back seat.

S/He who pays piper dictates the tune.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Boogyman557: 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by dhiqson(m): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2021
If we speak
Who will hear us?
Well let society ignore us
Let those ladies ignore us

When we're made
We'll celebrate by our own damn selfs

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by SarutobiEky(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
dhiqson:
If we speak
Who will hear us?
Well let society ignore us
Let those ladies ignore us

When we're made
We'll celebrate by our own damn selfs
na wetin I dey try talk. Make OP no bother. We are used to being ignored. We wear our scars proudly.

1 Like

Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
F
Re: Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up by sammybest889(m): 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN*****

DAT y I love my gender

If we speak who will hear us..

DAT y we priase our self here were I come from

If we greet our self u hear tins like

Boss,oga,babaoo,senior man etc

We are real..DAT y,wen we call ourselves names like mad man ,goat idiot etc we add no meaning attached 2 it

We hold most of the great position in life

Music industry men de lead
Comedy....men
Business... Men
Sports....men

Call....

Yet na we de pay little or no attention

U tink say e easy 2 b a man ask Bob risky u go known how fr

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men Do Not Respond To Crying Babies But Women Do: Reasons / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? / America's Hypocrisy-Gay & Incest(american Mom, Son In Love Charged With Incest)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.