Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Comfort For Christians In A Changing World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comfort For Christians In A Changing World (288 Views)

There Will Be No Christians In Nigeria In Next 25 Years – NCEF Warns / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Comfort for Christians in a Changing World

by Roy Reynolds (N. Ireland)

I am a stranger and a sojourner. Genesis 23.4

The pilgrim character of God’s people is emphasised again and again in Scripture. We should ever be aware of the hostility of this world and realise that we are passing through enemy territory.

Sadly, we often feel so much at ease here, because of our carnality and materialism and we lose sight of our heavenly citizenship.

Abraham, who spoke those words from Genesis chapter 23, saw the God of glory and His eyes were blinded to all the attractions and allurements of this transient world. He left friends and family and crossed the river Euphrates for "the better land", without as much as a backward glance. Such was the sight that won his heart that earthly scenes could no longer satisfy his soul.

May we too grow more homesick for heaven and be able to say with greater sincerity, as did the Psalmist, "I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Ps.23.6

We are but strangers here, we do not crave
A home on earth which gave Thee but a grave;
Thy cross has severed ties which bound us here,
Thyself our treasure in a brighter sphere.
… the work of Thy fingers. Psalm 8.3

Words formed worlds; unaided, the Lord created everything from nothing; unlimited His power and inscrutable His wisdom. That mighty and majestic work of astounding magnitude was but the work of His fingers; it did not even require Him to leave His throne. His universe has since hung in total dependence upon the faithful Creator’s never-weakening arm.

Our salvation could not be effected so easily; the solution to the problem of sin proved most costly. The fearful price God’s righteousness and justice demanded will be on display forever in the nail-pierced hands of our Redeemer.

Bethlehem, Nazareth, Capernaum, Gethsemane and Golgotha rehearse the story of the boundless love and amazing grace that brought Him down and led Him on to the tree of shame to be "wounded for our transgressions" and "bruised for our iniquities".

By His own word the worlds were framed;
He made the stars and each He named;
But to save me, to earth He came,
Endured the cross and bore the shame.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by jiggaz(m): 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
solite3:
Comfort for Christians in a Changing World

by Roy Reynolds (N. Ireland)

I am a stranger and a sojourner. Genesis 23.4

The pilgrim character of God’s people is emphasised again and again in Scripture. We should ever be aware of the hostility of this world and realise that we are passing through enemy territory.

Sadly, we often feel so much at ease here, because of our carnality and materialism and we lose sight of our heavenly citizenship.

Abraham, who spoke those words from Genesis chapter 23, saw the God of glory and His eyes were blinded to all the attractions and allurements of this transient world. He left friends and family and crossed the river Euphrates for "the better land", without as much as a backward glance. Such was the sight that won his heart that earthly scenes could no longer satisfy his soul.

May we too grow more homesick for heaven and be able to say with greater sincerity, as did the Psalmist, "I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Ps.23.6

We are but strangers here, we do not crave
A home on earth which gave Thee but a grave;
Thy cross has severed ties which bound us here,
Thyself our treasure in a brighter sphere.
… the work of Thy fingers. Psalm 8.3

Words formed worlds; unaided, the Lord created everything from nothing; unlimited His power and inscrutable His wisdom. That mighty and majestic work of astounding magnitude was but the work of His fingers; it did not even require Him to leave His throne. His universe has since hung in total dependence upon the faithful Creator’s never-weakening arm.

Our salvation could not be effected so easily; the solution to the problem of sin proved most costly. The fearful price God’s righteousness and justice demanded will be on display forever in the nail-pierced hands of our Redeemer.

Bethlehem, Nazareth, Capernaum, Gethsemane and Golgotha rehearse the story of the boundless love and amazing grace that brought Him down and led Him on to the tree of shame to be "wounded for our transgressions" and "bruised for our iniquities".

By His own word the worlds were framed;
He made the stars and each He named;
But to save me, to earth He came,
Endured the cross and bore the shame.
Nice piece my bro..... Truly i am homesick for heaven. I dream of it everyday. Although i thank God for all the things he provided for me to make this life easier, i still long for heaven everyday... This world cannot satisfy me again cheesy . Everyday i have it in my subconscious that our Lord Jesus can come that very minute and i am always gladdened and my heart will be filled with warm joy!! I can't wait for Jesus to come as He promised... Soon and very soon, we will see Our Lord!! Then faith will become Sight!! I can't wait for that glorious Resurrection Morning when believers all over the world will have their glorified bodies and all the problems, stress and pains of this world will be finally over!!

1 Like

Re: Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
jiggaz:
Nice piece my bro..... Truly i am homesick for heaven. I dream of it everyday. Although i thank God for all the things he provided for me to make this life easier, i still long for heaven everyday... This world cannot satisfy me again cheesy . Everyday i have it in my subconscious that our Lord Jesus can come that very minute and i am always gladdened and my heart will be filled with warm joy!! I can't wait for Jesus to come as He promised... Soon and very soon, we will see Our Lord!! Then faith will become Sight!! I can't wait for that glorious Resurrection Morning when believers all over the world will have their glorified bodies and all the problems, stress and pains of this world will be finally over!!
Amen me two, that day shall be glorious in deed when we meet our Lord.
Re: Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by jiggaz(m): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
solite3:
Amen me two, that day shall be glorious in deed when we meet our Lord.
yes

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of Iran’s Church And its Growth / For Men Only. What Hinders The Prayers Of Men. (2). / 12 Reasons Why Many People Don’t Celebrate Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.