Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

The School Riot - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The School Riot (4008 Views)

Pls Who Has The Ebook For The Novel “the School Days Of Edore” / The School Boy - Episode 1 / The School Of Money By Olumide Emmanuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The School Riot by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
I am a student am not violent,am only just imaginative.and I have never been in a boarding school.

just trying to write a story.

CHAPTER ONE
The environment of Elite Boys College was as gloomy as it always is by this time in the cool evening. the students in their hostels were all pundering on the events that have unfolded that day.

The boys had just had another taste of the wrath of Mr Suleiman the dinner master,who ordered everyone to their beds without them having anything just because of an argument between two students.

Patrick Akpavio the head prefect felt a cold anger run through his innermost being.and wondered about the privilegeds he enjoyed as the head prefect "nothing,absolutely nothing".Patrick thought aloud.he found himself tapping Andrew and martins waking them up for the eminent mission going through his mind.

" guy how far wetin sup" martins said with sleepy eyes, Patrick looked at martins with disgust "so upon say you know chop sleep you dey here they sleep like fire wood. " so Patrick wetin we go do", Andrew cut in almost irritated at Patrick's complaints.

"See ehn we be ogas for this school we no suppose suffer like junior students" Patrick spoke with a sense of seriousness.OK what should we do,Andrew said finally in English.

"we go Rob the kitchen" Patrick added with authority.

1 Like

Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 18, 2018
The gentle push that Patrick gave the kitchen door after he opened the padlock sent it trailing smoothly and leading the way for the three Hungry miscreants.

Patrick isn't really a bad person,he is the number one student, but alas he felt used,unappreciated ,disrespected and above all he was hungry,so hungry he is willing to defy Mr suleman and get his hands on some freshly backed bread.

The sight of the freshly loaded basket of bread gave the hungry boys a reason to salivate,but it seems like Patrick's hunger made him more sensitive he quickly noticed three empty spaces in the packaged loaves of bread.and only one person could have had the guts to take from them.
"sulemain" Patrick gnawed with anger written all over him."These bread is damn soft" Andrew exclaimed while digging into one of the loaves holding an extra two with his left hand."oya make we comot here before person catch us"martins said as he moved to the door,only to turn back and see Patrick still standing,headfacedown still in deep thought.

"I swear e get wetin dis school go try ! dey go here rah".Patrick cut in with finailty moving straight for the door before anyone could talk to him.

2 Likes

Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER TWO
The morning came and usual early hussle started off with the usual boarding school wahala,junior students running with two buckets in a race to get water for themselves and for their seniors who are relaxing in the early morning breeze.

something spectacular happened this early morning a student is being disciplined by senior Godstime the sport prefect,a tyrant. the victim a jss2 boy who refused to fetch water for claiming that he was I'll.

Gods time is not in the mood for trashing this early morning but he is prepared to humiliate poor Ade for that is the boys name.

gathering the used plates Godstime begins to wash them on Ade's head,Ade who has been held down by fear and two stronger boys weeps his eyes out in despair.

"its enough stop that" Patrick calls out from the hostel and immediately the two boys holding Ade releases him before Godstime reluctantly sends the boy away.

that's Patrick a giant of a boy with leadership qualities that make even hoodlums respect him,but this might become a detriment or a blessing as the story unfolds.

signify if you are liking the story,I hope you like it.

2 Likes

Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER TWO
The morning came and usual early hussle started off, with the usual boarding school wahala,junior students running with two buckets in a race to get water for themselves and for their seniors who are relaxing in the early morning breeze.

something spectacular happened this early morning a student is being disciplined by senior Godstime the sport prefect,a tyrant. the victim a jss2 boy who refused to fetch water for him claiming that he was ill.

Gods time is not in the mood for trashing this early morning but he is prepared to humiliate poor Ade for that is the boys name.

gathering the used plates Godstime begins to wash them on Ade's head,Ade who has been held down by fear and two stronger boys weeps his eyes out in despair.

"its enough stop that" Patrick calls out from the hostel and immediately the two boys holding Ade releases him before Godstime reluctantly sends the boy away.

that's Patrick a giant of a boy with leadership qualities that make even hoodlums respect him,but this might become a detriment or a blessing as the story unfolds.

signify if you are liking the story,I hope you like it..
Re: The School Riot by Ann2012(f): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2018
Well done OP
Keep the updates coming
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2018
Ann2012:
Well done OP Keep the updates coming
thanks alot

1 Like

Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER THREE.

The assembly ground that morning was unusually filled with members of staff, which is normally an abnormality. more shocking that day was that the principal Mr Adekunle was on the assembly ground,this is a man who visited his school once a term.

immediately after the national athem,Mr Adekunle stood to address the student,he was a tail, frail looking man with a stern expression.clearly a no nonsense man.

"good morning students" he began "good morning sir ,they resounded. "I am here today to inform you of the development on ground ,we shall be having some inspectors from the ministry and I will advice you all to behave yourselves, have a good day".

the visit of the principal was followed by many unusual activities, the teachers began to supervise the thorough cleaning of hostel and the cleaning of the school environment which was already an eyesore.

and finally they came at the best time of the day,they came at the time for lunch,infact the meal of that afternoon was worth all the hardship they passed through. but the principal was disappointed because the children ate hungrily clearly showing that they are not well fed.
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER FOUR.

"The heinsberg uncertainty principle can anyone state it" Mr Felix the physics teacher the only teacher who was still actively involved in teaching,maybe because he was a partime teacher.but yet many students saw him as a nuisance and will rather he left.

"anyone with an idea" he continued in his usual fluent accent."boring"a boy called Shadrach called out with obvious defiance in his tone.

"what! who said that ,you come outside I don't need to ask ,you have always been a threat to me". his expression clearly changed he was no longer smily he felt anger rush to his eyes as he beheld the ruffian. "Patrick get me a cain ,infact sit down I don't need it".he stammered clearly looking dangerous in his indecision," Are you a science student".he suddenly ask folding his long sleeve before Shadrach could answer, a slap sent him to the ground,the fear that erupted the class was half that written all over shadrach .before Mr Felix could deal an injury on Shadrach Patrick quickly dived out to call two other teachers who held Mr Felix who was already beaten the life out of Shadrach.
Re: The School Riot by Sensitivity1254: 10:34am On Nov 18, 2018
Good beating, Mr Felix
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER FIVE
It was the annual interschool quiz and it was to hold at the Elite college,not Because it was the most standard school,well it wasn't really standard after all.students from different schools filed in,
but what really caused an oproar that day was not how Elite college came last,neither was it the incredible performance of the Shepherds school ,it was simply the notorious behavior of the Elite boys.

immediately after the quiz the boys rushed after any girl they found pleading for their numbers and addresses like hungry slavemen prevented from the pleasures of women folk.

but unfortunately for them most girls who go for competitions don't really understand the system,and some of the girls even felt assaulted and others even ran to the arms of their teacher.

The supervising teacher demanded an apology from the staff of Elite boys for the attitude of their boys.and some of them spoke of taking the matter up with the ministry.

This angered the staff members and some of them swore loudly to make the students suffer.

This decision later excalated into something else.
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER SIX
in an assembly of over Four hundred students one could hear the cries and mourns of junior students and the gnawing of senior students,all on their knees.

they had just been thrashed severely and now they were meant to listen to their punishment from teachers who felt like taking up the matter.

the first to talk was miss Adereji a female teacher for the jss1 class."this is absurd of the senior students the junior boys are only suffering a crime they didn't commit"she paused for a while before continuing "as if you have not seen a woman before" she said this with anger in her words,it looks as if she might have felt a need to be jealous.

she spoke about morals and many other stuff before she finally said"Mr sulemain in his anger has ordered that you seniors eat only your breakfast which you have already had for the rest of the day"before she could finish, the cursing and screaming of the boys sent the air ablaze,before the principal came forward and hushed them to be quite.

he spoke with some level of restraint before he said,"the senior boys are suspended from classes for one week with thorough had labour,and the head prefect for his inefficiency will go for an extra one week suspension."now this really set the school in tormoil. "Patrick did nothing wrong, injustice!,nonsense !." all these outcries filled the air as the boys were ushered to their hostel for one last rest before their labour begins.
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER SEVEN.
in the hostel Patrick found himself thinking deep,looking critically at his situation he discovered that this was a serious issue and he would have to take action.

"everyone gather round," he said like a father to his children,all boys came close to his bunker while he stood up to address the youths of the senior hostel.

he began with an emotion laden voice"the drama that was acted today only proves one thing,and is that these staff see us as prisoners who have no choice but to obey them,look at this."

pausing for a moment to look into their eyes he continued "I agree the fees are cheap,but our parents pay tax,its a federal school for crying out loud,we are neglected the education we came to get,how many of us are sure of blasting waec on our own,take a look at what happened last year,only two people made their papers but yet the school still has the I don't care attitude"

the boys were getting roused real good,"food is another thing we are denied to the extreme as if we are prison inmates,and that cursed food master Mr Suleiman I can swear he is selling our meals,these men who call themselves teachers will never try this to their children".our rights,our future is not secure in their hands."he said,almost biting his tounge.

"Patrick talk to us wetin We go do" martins said with his already boiling blood, clearly reading Patrick's thoughts.

some of us were punished for nothing,for example I was supervising some boys to clear grasses while the girls incident occurred,but I was punished nevertheless so we are going to give them crime and it starts with that kitchen,"

stepping forward,Patrick called aloud"WHO GET LIVER MAKE E FOLLOW ME.

But we no get anything take hold ground if something sup" Eric said,"plank no plenty? besides we get access to farm equipments shabi they say make we work."Patrick finalised the issue and the boys went out with their minds made up.
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER SEVEN

Mr Suleiman was in the kitchen carefully inspecting the eggs to make sure no one steals anything,but theft really was not what he should be worried about,he looked at the door to see Patrick looking expressionless with some boys tightly packed behind him,thats why he never saw what they were holding.

"if you have come here to beg me I'll extend your punishment to tommorow",Mr Suleiman said with authority.we are not here to beg you sir only to demand for our food" Patrick cut in with eyes wide open,Suleiman clearly surprised at the response thundered"have you gone mad better leave my sight before I descend on you all".Mr man shut ",up a boy called Audu yelled from the back.Suleiman made to slap audu but ended up in the mist of twice a dozen angry boys
fist,planks,kicks and more fists landed on the flesh of poor Mr Suleiman,the noise generated sent three teachers to the aid of Mr Suleiman but two retreated seeing the situation but one of them got entangled with the students and received the beating of his life.

the games began in earnest and their outrageous behavior sent the kitchen room into something else, everyone scrambled for the little they could get their hands on,with the brutality of vikings and they ready to be as monstrous as they could be.

occasional fights broke out but they quickly mended their difference and united against their common enemy the school authority.
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
CHAPTER NINE (SORRY FOR THE ERROR IN THE ABOVE CHAPTER ITS CHAPTER EIGHT)

CHAPTER DE OMEGA
Patrick couldn't help but feel sorry for some of the things the boys did but alas he was their leader,some went as far as locking the junior students in their hostel,destroying cars and motorcycles which belonged to staffs.

more sickening was that some looted money, phones and valuables from teachers who fled in haste.

many teachers hid in the staff quarters with the doors and windows tightly shut,but the boys began to bang the doors threatening to either pull down the doors or set the house ablaze.the fraustrating part,was that the principal heard the news on phone but never expected It to be as serious as it was,he taught it was an ordinary protest.but was shocked to see the mess when he arrived at the school gate

"what do you boys want "he called out to three boys he saw walking towards him,he felt like negotiating with them,but it was clear that he never expected the punch that threw his frail structure across the field. Arrghh! the old man cried out clearly feeling every bit of agony that followed ,the boys meant to make a scuplure but suddenly ran away hearing the call of the sirens outside the school gate ,luckily the principal informed the police and they came right on time.

AFTER SOME TIME
The boys were disciplined,but thank God None of there victims lost their lives.but some lost their jobs due to investigations made. the authority realized that the boys had numerous reason to protest and riot,and it was discovered that some funds were going into private pockets and the students were neglected hence all the senior students were all retained and graduated from that same school.

CONCLUSION
THE MESSAGE I WANT TO REALLY PASS TO EVERYONE IS THAT NO MATTER THE POSITION OF AUTHORITY YOU OCCUPY NEVER TRAMPLE ON OTHERS THEY MAY LOOK WEAK AND POWERLESS BUT A LEVEL OF PROVOCATION CAN TRANSFORM WEAKLINGS INTO VICIOUS BEAST.

SELAH PEOPLE
watch out for my next story.love all literary lovers
Re: The School Riot by Ann2012(f): 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
Well done OP
Re: The School Riot by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Wow,never could have imagined that I was this naive a year ago,
Well it was quite a piece of art
Re: The School Riot by Emperordynasty: 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
Wow it’s 4 years already...this life sha

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Greatest Nigerian Writer Ever / I will Design A Book Cover For ₦1000 (Portfolio Inside) / The Secret Angel's 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.