Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming (20167 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Experience (pictures) / My Cucumber Farming Journey / Cucumber Farming In Nigeria: Beginner’s Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by AlphaStyles(m): 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
Some ladies looking at this and licking their mouth boom the toto juice don wet their pants grin
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by PenileFitness: 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Does anyone here peel cucumber before eating?
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by endy231: 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
Holumhidey:
not that am feeling proud or anything but MY CUCUMBER is larger than these....
My Brother, the bigger the cucumber the lower the price in the open market. Don't be deceived, expect you have a direct market or a super store to supply, it may not a viable biz concept. I was once a victim. Medium sized cucumber is best for the market.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Adieza(m): 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
Anwons:
Very good info.

I'm interested in that number 4, using quality seed. How and where can one really get quality seed?

Anyone with useful info should please check my signature.
Send me message through naiaraland sir.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by cardoctor(m): 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
Cassava farming nko?
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by luxiesagripro: 12:31am On Nov 18, 2018
Agriculture is the true gold; cash in, people.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by cruzdavis(m): 12:51am On Nov 18, 2018
God dey
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 18, 2018
hmm
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by mrgreen4real(m): 1:56am On Nov 18, 2018
Bruhahahahah!
This cucumber that has been doing our work.
Some ladies choice.
I just dey look una
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by 1Sharon(f): 2:03am On Nov 18, 2018
SingleWahala:
grin....People don dey embrace Farming dis days grin grin grin

Thanks to Leke Adeboye
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Dotman2210(m): 2:25am On Nov 18, 2018
Saki in Ogun state or Oyo state
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by 2lateBiafra: 2:53am On Nov 18, 2018
Una never harvest tis kind CUCUMBER, then you are still an amature farmer.

Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 18, 2018
noble2faith:

walahi, u bad like badejo! grin
those gehs can do and undo with anyfin that resemble cucumber
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Ndipe(m): 3:30am On Nov 18, 2018
Bountiful harvest.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by smart024(m): 5:00am On Nov 18, 2018
Adieza:
Farmer Adeola Yinka, shares her experiences on her facebook page for those who wish to go into cucumber farming, which finally had her great harvest after many low yields.

Several people has been contacting me since I posted the yesterday cucumber bumper harvest from our farm. They want to plant cucumber.

"What does it take to plant?
" What effort is required?
"How much will it cost?

Behind every single success story is some multiple stories of failure.

I have been planting cucumber since 4 years ago. I have planted several acres, small plots, demonstration plots etc. But I must confess yesterday harvest was just too extra ordinary.

What did I do differently?

I have kept on working and improving on the strategy to properly manage the cucumber

I have experimented with several types of seed.

The cucumber that did not germinate..

The cucumber that germinates but died at flowering stage..

The cucumber that survive the flowering but got diseased at fruiting or few days to harvest..

The cucumber that powdery mildew destroyed.

The cucumber that withered when rain stopped and I was praying for rainfall (Nigeria mentality)

The cucumber that sell at good price, the cucumber that sell at give away price and the cucumber that we throw away when there is no market

But then, in all of this, the most important is finding a way around all the challenges...

1. Using drip irrigation tapes instead of disturbing God with stupid prayer for rainfall.

2. Using plastic mulch instead of allowing weed compete with the crop thereby reducing the size

3. Using manure that can feed the plant properly with nutrients to fight against disease

4. Using quality seeds that can resist powdery mildew and all their likes

and so many other necessary things that is required to give a good yield.

5. Most important is persistence and the zeal to succeed against all odds. Farming is hard-work, It requires dedication and sacrifice.

6. Meanwhile an average Farmer believe he can just start a farm from the disjointed information he garnered from the internet, It requires acquiring knowledge.

7. An average Farmer want to start the farm because he has enough fund but with no technical know how Farming like every other professional require knowledge. Sure I have been telling people that care to listen that we will change the face of farming in Nigeria.

I see a future where farming is simplified and made easy for more people to participate.

Famer Yinka Adeola is a female farmer in Saki, Ogun State.
https://www.agricinfo.com/2018/11/7-things-you-must-know-before-going-to.html

You left out the last and most important point:
8. Make sure your cucumber farm is not close to an all girls school, female hostel or brotel...

I repeat:
Make sure your cucumber farm is not close to an all girls school, female hostel or brotel...
cool cool cool
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Solokad(m): 5:24am On Nov 18, 2018
You can get quality seeds at Solokad Multiventures Ltd.
Contact us at
SOLOKAD Multiventures Ltd
No 105,Aminugun street,Ogunpa market,ibadan,Oyo state.
Call/WhatsApp 07038034142
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Holamic: 5:58am On Nov 18, 2018
Farming will change nigeria.... Believe
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by jr3: 7:14am On Nov 18, 2018
Nice
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 18, 2018
Success has a formula You learn it from experience
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Adieza(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
smart024:

You left out the last and most important point:
8. Make sure your cucumber farm is not close to an all girls school, female hostel or brotel...

I repeat:
Make sure your cucumber farm is not close to an all girls school, female hostel or brotel...
cool cool cool
lol. you have added it

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by Adieza(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
If you are interested in contacting the farmer for guidance, this is the link to her facebook profile.
https://www.facebook.com/yinka.adesola
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by lahify(m): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
please ma can we all have a breakdown of farming an acre of cucumber provided that irrigation is well catered for
Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by gabrielokeke555(m): 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
Are you into horticultural crops already or you're thinking about setting up one?

Get your quality agricultural and horticultural inputs such as; hybrid and OPV veggie seeds (Tomatoes, Cucumber, Okra, Sweet Peppers, Hot Peppers, Sweet corn, Radish, Butternut, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Green beans, Watermelon, Onions, Carrot and Kale) from The Netherlands, seedling trays, coco peat, mulching foil/film, water soluble fertilizers, drip tube and spray tube irrigation equipment and tunnels.

Our office is Afri-Agri Products Limited located at No. 4 Metalbox Road, off Acme Road, Ogba Industrial Scheme, Ikeja-Lagos.
Or visit our website at www.afri-agri.com ; Email: info@afri-agri.com

You can also contact this numbers via call or : 07066935103, 08132253414 or +234 1 295 7814

It's our pleasure doing business and sharing knowledge with you.

Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by mightbeyours: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2018
Contact us for purchasing fairly used greenhouse kits at affordable prices.

2 types of kits:
Big kits 10m x 48m

Small kits 10m x 24m

Phone number/whatspp number: 08101723587

Re: 7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming by abolaji62(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2020
Orelope perishable and vegetable fruit seller of Nigeria
Can help you sells all your crop you have in farm like
Tomato marrow cucumber green pepper sweet corn water melon
Green chille rodo okro and etc ..our own is just to remove 10% in any price we sell it, for more info you can cantact us on :shop10 mile12 international market lagos or call 09033053043 or join our whatsapp group: https:///IyafupFnOZQAO7HALCWfSS....thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice / How To Earn Your First Million From Castors Farming / High Cost Of Day Old Chicks. What Is The Cause? Any Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.