Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims (3031 Views)

Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic / Nigerian Senators In Uganda For Graduation Of 200 Indigenes Of Sokoto - Photos / PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2010
[size=18pt]Nigeria donates $200,000 to Uganda for landslide victims
[/size]

Victims the Bududa landslide - Nigeria on Saturday donated US$200,000 to the Ugandan Government for the rehabilitation of victims the Bududa landslide in the East African country.

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Odein Ajumogobia, made the presentation on behalf of the Nigerian Government at the Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, venue of the 15th African Union (AU) Summit to the Ugandan Foreign Minister, Sam Kuteesa.

Ajumogobia said the donation was to show solidarity and assist the Ugandan government to rehabilitate the victims of the disaster.

The Nigerian High Commissioner to Uganda, Fidel Ayogu, also said the donation was to assist the Ugandan government in their efforts to rehabilitate and relocate survivors who were living at the foot of the mountain.

Kuteesa thanked the Nigerian government for the solidarity and cooperation and promised that the donation would be judiciously used.

'Ugandan has a very cordial relationship with the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I was happy to receive my counterpart. He also came with a cheque for US$200 , 000 as donation to the Ugandan government to help the victims of Bududa who suffered from the landslide. We are really very grateful to the Government and people of Nigeria for their solidarity and cooperation,' he said.

[url=http://www.afriquejet.com/news/africa-news/nigeria-donates-us$200,000-to-uganda-for-landslide-victims-2010072553377.html]SOURCE[/url]
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Ikengawo: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2010
god bless nigeria
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Demdem(m): 8:11am On Jul 26, 2010
na wa ooo.
What has been done or how much has been given to the victims of the numerous ecological damge currently going on in the south-east?
Charity begins at home jare.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by onyengbu1(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2010
Giving them is not a problem at all but when you hear tomorrow that Uganda is evicting all Nigerians, will that be a problem?
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by philip0906(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Giving them is not a problem at all but when you hear tomorrow that Uganda is evicting all Nigerians, will that be a problem?
GBAM!!! Just like Ghana and South Africa undecided
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by udezue(m): 9:50am On Jul 26, 2010
I think that money should be spent to help Nigerians in Nigeria. Misplaced priority @ its best.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by bolseas(f): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2010
Onye-Ugbu

u just spoke my mind

Give Uganda 15 yrs from now, she will start deporting Nigerians. Shiiiooooor
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by dominique(f): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2010
as long as the money reaches the hands of the victims. for all we know it's another ploy to siphon money.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Kennyblues(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2010
Big Brother Africa cheesy cheesy grin angry
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2010
Nigeria is always at it, funny all the time
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by deribigbe(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2010
But Why Is Nigerian Leaders like these , people dey suffer for nigeria! THAT money in Nigeria currency is #300000000 Billion shocked shocked shocked Why!!! FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PLEASE CHANGE FOR BETTER
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by kobikwelu(m): 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2010
GOOD intentions,

but they would be the same clowns that would turn round and bite us in the @$$
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
deribigbe:

But Why Is Nigerian Leaders like these , people dey suffer for nigeria! THAT money in Nigeria currency is #300000000 Billion shocked shocked shocked Why!!! FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PLEASE CHANGE FOR BETTER
men u must be confuse, go and buy a caculator and recaculate grin
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by philip0906(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
odiaero:

men u must be confuse, go and buy a caculator and recaculate grin
OMG. . .hope mine eyes aren't failing me?Odiaero in d politics section?Hope d romance section hasn't crashed? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by EloSela(f): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
onye_ngbu:

God bless Nigeria

There is nothing wrong with offering help to our African neighbour. There is also nothing wrong with Uganda decides to deport illegal Nigerians residing in their country. I don't know why that is so hard for Nigerians to understand. Just because you support 'illegality' it doesn't mean the whole world should follow suit!!
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
philip0906:

OMG. . .hope mine eyes aren't failing me?Odiaero in d politics section?Hope d romance section hasn't crashed? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
heehaheheh grin am everywhere, only that Nigeria news no defreak me, always in bizness, romance and foreign affairs grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by philip0906(m): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2010
odiaero:

heehaheheh grin am everywhere, only that Nigeria news no defreak me, always in bizness, romance and foreign affairs grin grin grin grin
ok i c. . .u right sha,naija news na old tory.anyway sha,send my greetings 2 them in d romance section.greet ur "wife" sef 4 me. . .tell am sey i dey hail grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^ why u no come urself, abi dem dey chase u? grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Skirtel: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2010
Are we even sure the money left the shore of this country. We all know the game now.

Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust. http:///c9u6Zy
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by marketplace(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
Not a bad one. Live and let other live.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by CGKing(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2010
marketplace:

Not a bad one. Live and let other live.

Look at it very well. Are you sure it is not die and let live? Im not sure this move makes sense.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by memsybay: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2010
This is a good move yet we can do more. Nigeria is clearly the leader in Africa, in spite of our woes, we are the only country outside South Africa that is not heavily dependent on aid. We as a country have to put our act together and provide the lead that Africa needs at this time. India is leading in technology for the developing countries, Nigeria is blessed with energy and should become the leader for energy for the developing world.
We should be profering energy solutions for the market at the bottom of the pyramid. We should fix our electricity problems and share with the rest of the continent solutions to fix theirs. This would be a great economic solution, enhance technological development and innovations. As India is pioneering the nano car and the $35 computer, Nigeria should provide the energy and electricity solutions if not for the world, at least for the continent. It makes good business sense and it is the right thing to do.

My Blog: Essays Of A Citizen
http://memsynaija..com/2010/07/bop-designs-for-2-x109-people.html

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Memsyg
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by minotaur(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2010
To everybody saying this si a good move, I think you need to have your heads examined! This is one of the daftest moves I've ever seen! Nigeria is trying to play the role of big brother to other African countries when it is in shambles. Have you curbed kidnapping in the country? Have you fished out all the looters in government? Have they even seen the suffering of the common man? Doctors just called of strike the other day after months of strike. PHCN workers just embarked on strike. The country is deteriorating.
So they should put their house in order before helping others. Thats why I believe.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by shanktang(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
memsybay:

This is a good move yet we can do more. Nigeria is clearly the leader in Africa, in spite of our woes, we are the only country outside South Africa that is not heavily dependent on aid. We as a country have to put our act together and provide the lead that Africa needs at this time. India is leading in technology for the developing countries, Nigeria is blessed with energy and should become the leader for energy for the developing world.
We should be profering energy solutions for the market at the bottom of the pyramid. We should fix our electricity problems and share with the rest of the continent solutions to fix theirs. This would be a great economic solution, enhance technological development and innovations. As India is pioneering the nano car and the $35 computer, Nigeria should provide the energy and electricity solutions if not for the world, at least for the continent. It makes good business sense and it is the right thing to do.

My Blog: Essays Of A Citizen
http://memsynaija..com/2010/07/bop-designs-for-2-x109-people.html
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Memsyg

To all this i fully say yes , and thats why we neen now to get a leader that is strong and with a great vision, that can really move the country forward.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by hackney(m): 11:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^^ All these things have been said everyday since 1963.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by 9jafreak: 7:49am On Jul 27, 2010
[size=14pt]That's $200,000 less in the Accounts of Polithiefians

Good Move!
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by splendore(m): 9:32am On Jul 27, 2010
I think thats a great move by the Government. Its more blessed to give than to receive . God bless our leaders for that move.
For people that think that the it is a waste,i want you to have a RETHINK!
One funny thing about our Nation today is that we are better than some many nations across the world and we dont know it.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 9:38am On Jul 27, 2010
Hungry dey kill our people here in Nigeria, we dey open restaurant for another country.

Misplaced priority.

We give money to other countries as dash, when we collect from others, na loan with interest. mcheeew! angry
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by MyJoe: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2010
Okija_juju:

We give money to other countries as dash, when we collect from others, na loan with interest. mcheeew! angry
No, sir. Nigeria has received aid from richer countries in the past. We have borrowed, like other countries, we have also received aid. But that is not the point. The point here is that a disaster took place. Did you people miss that? Wherever there is a disaster, people rush in with whatever help they can. And I suppose if the money was not given pensioners would be paid, and NEPA will be fixed!
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
For starters, who don dash us free money before??
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by manny4life(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2010
What is wrong with a donation of $200,000 from an oil rich nation like Nigeria? Corporations donate millions of dollars and you don't hear a noise, it's $200,000, someone calls it misplaced priority. Maybe all the ones that have been given to Nigeria by other richer nations need to recall their gift. If it was $20million, yes I can feel the "misplaced priority" but for $200,000 (what many mid to high level Americans earn annually), please let's leave all the clamoring beside.
Re: Nigeria Donates $200,000 To Uganda For Landslide Victims by Okijajuju1(m): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
Everybodu is here saying that other countries have donated money to Nigeria before for free that wasnt a loan that we had to pay back with interest and I keep asking for someone to tell me one country that has dashed us money and y'all are keeping mute.

The people who got displaced from their home after the Jos crisis, have they been compensated or settled??

Una think say we no get wetin we fit use that money do fer we country??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Under Hausas And Yorubas Nigeria Became The Corruption Capital Of The World. / Fear Spreads In Ikeja As Oba Passes On And Tradition Requires Seven Human Heads / 3 Nigerians With Fake Ghanaian Passports Grabbed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.