Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic (19362 Views)

Cash Crunch: Senators, Reps Members Abandon Chambers In Search Of Money / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Cash Crunch Hits APC As Buhari Advises Party To Look Inward For Funding (2) (3) (4)

Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by OKDnigeria: 12:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nigeria has donated 15 cars and 100 motorcycles
to the electoral commission of neighbouring Benin.
The Nigerian Ambassador to Benin Republic,
Lawrence Obisakin, during the donation, lauded
President Muhammadu Buhari's efforts at asserting
Nigeria's leadership in Africa.

Mr. Obisakin said this in an interview with the
News Agency of Nigeria in Cotonou on the
sidelines of the donation of 15 Hilux vehicles and
100 motorcycles to the Independent Electoral
Commission of Benin by Nigeria.

The outgoing ambassador said the gesture would
further strengthen the excellent bilateral
relationship between the two countries.

"I want to say bravo to President Muhammadu
Buhari, the government and the people of Nigeria,
and the diplomacy of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria."

The diplomat said the donations were made
despite the financial challenges facing Nigeria.
"We know the economic conjuncture of Nigeria,
However, our president, in his wisdom in spite of
the economic difficulties, has been able to be
sensitive to the dire need of Benin.

"President Buhari, in his wisdom, has been able to
find a way of helping a country that needs by far
more assistance," he said.

Mr. Obisakin said the people of Benin were grateful
and will continually show appreciation over
Nigeria's support.

"You heard the Chairman of Benin Electoral
Commission saying this is the most welcome gift
that they've ever received because the election is
next week Sunday.

"It is a presidential election and it promises to be
very keen and very serious and they need the
means because Benin is one of the least-
developed countries.

"So, Nigeria is lifting up Benin just like Europe,
Germany and Britain, did to the Southern countries.
"This goes to show that Nigeria is indeed a
friendly nation, Nigeria is a country that is
sensitive to the needs of others," he said.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign
Affairs, Bulus Lolo, also commended Mr. Buhari,
saying he had given visibility to Nigeria's
contributions to African countries since his
assumption of office.

"As far as I know, we have supported several
countries but visibility being given is only under
the Buhari's administration.

"The quantum of support may even be more by
previous governments, but they did not take the
necessary step to make it public.
"You can see that marked on these vehicles is an
Nigeria', that is an advertisement that you are
making.

"Clearly, wherever these vehicles go, everyone
seeing them will know that they have come from
the Government of Nigeria. We made donations in
the past but we did not declare."

Mr. Lolo had earlier presented the items to Tiando
Emmanuel, President, Commission Electorale
Nationale Autonome of Benin toward the March 6
general elections in the country.

africabusinesscommunities.com/news/despite-cash-crunch-nigeria-donates-vehicles-motorcycles-to-benin-republic.html

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by homosapien(m): 12:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
It is called diplomacy.

21 Likes

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Richardonald(m): 12:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
U didn't call a country u are calling benin most likely a local area, can they buy expensive product.. I mean well international trade, u here calling benin, u shud have called mozambique then wil all know naija get mouth..
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by iamfrankenstein(m): 12:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
G
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Sijo01(f): 12:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Booohari playing big brother to Benin when Nigerians are hungry

43 Likes

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by ColtPython(m): 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
No money

No money

Yet we donating shiii to other countries

I twale for this nation grin

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
That money could have been used to invest in Mines and Agriculture.

Its OUR Priority.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by uncleck: 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Big brother things
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Majlaw(m): 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Be ur Brodas keeper
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by AwesomeRims(m): 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Where are d vehicles? Cant see any pix
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
BIG BROTHERS WILL ALWAYS BEHAVE LIKE BIG BROTHERS

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Arrange this thing wella naa

Anyway, I just hope Buhari wont say 'Nigeria has plenty plenty money that we dont know how to spend' like Gowon did during his time

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by scholes0(m): 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Well, Republic of Benin is "Nigeria-Annex" . I even hear a lot of them are now all over the West of the country doing building/construction and artisan jobs.
The well Being of Benin is also our Wellbeing....so, I support the move.

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by BoiledHead(m): 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Benin na town.. not country
Donating cars to Benin Republic is like pouring a cup of water in an ocean.

Is it not this same Benin many Nigerians run to for cheap used vehicles?

The clueless one no surprises

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Wendyslim(f): 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Picture or i dont beliv it
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Valfrankie(m): 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Oka nma n'ezi President! I hope the vehicles are Innoson brands! angry

17 Likes

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by 2oluwaseyi(m): 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Wow am so glad ppl r gon see my comment.... Buh most important of all ty bello will see ds comment nd discover me...buh ty bello i nono dey sell bread o...but i can model grin grin
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Mumu senseless government.u have a baby and hungry has dealt with him and still dealing with him,but are are doing mr good samaritan and given ur neighbors baby food. that your neighbor would go inside his room, him and his wife and call you mumu.

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Dahveydson(m): 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
As long as Africa remains the centre piece of Nigeria's foreign policy, we will continue to act as big brother at our own detriment.

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Sasuwa(f): 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Chai baba
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Another hacksawish digger plumbing into the cribalistic heart arena.

While we are here making ends meet and hustling without grumbling. Someone in his archaic jrimger brain is giving out things of scarce status. Its unfortunate.

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by qualityovenbake(m): 12:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
Acting like a big brother but we forget to keep our own house in order.

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by onunwa21(m): 12:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
Eye service
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by chemaze(m): 12:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
wHRE ARE THE CAR
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Donpeak(f): 12:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
I hope they are innoson naija made...no time to read
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by adezjamz(m): 12:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
Don't mind thise f**ls, thet have more investment in Benin Rep than in Nigeria.

Karimi Group

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by manutdadex(m): 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
If those cars are not innosun... Then na bullshit... Y give when u complain of not having enough.but 15 cars for make sense for our policemen.

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by HAH: 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Good one, Nigeria is a big brother

Don't you know that if we don't support the security apparatus of our bordering neigbour crime may spill into Nigeria talkless of helping a poor neigbour like Benin that is no more than a state in Nigeria

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by brunofarad(m): 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2016

Dokpesi: Only A Northerner Can Win Presidency For PDP In 2023 / 28 Killed In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack / Chief Rita Daniels Hosts Okowa Appreciation Concert In Asaba