Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Story Behind The Song: ‘blessed Assurance’ - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Story Behind The Song: ‘blessed Assurance’ (341 Views)

Story Behind Stingy Men Association Of Nigeria (Pictures) / The Devil Can’t Curse What God Has Blessed! / Contact BLUE FARM For Your Quality And Assurance Fingerlings, Juvenile, Breeder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Behind The Song: ‘blessed Assurance’ by ckundos(m): 2:33am On Nov 18, 2018
Fanny Crosby, America’s most prolific hymn writer, wrote 8,000 Gospel songs and hymns during a lifetime, which spanned nearly a century. She passed away in her 95th year. All of her days, except the first six weeks, were spent in blindness. However, not even the loss of eyesight could render defeat to this astoundingly courageous soul. Aunt Fanny, as she later was affectionately called, also wrote 1,000+ nonreligious songs, and had four books of poetry and two best-selling autobiographies published.
Frances Jane Crosby was born in Putnam County, New York, on March 24, 1820. A poorly trained doctor applied a mustard plaster poultice to her eyes when she was only six weeks old, rendering her totally blind. Even in her childhood, she realized she had a special gift.
Read more
https://www.ministryexploit.com/story-behind-the-song-blessed-assurance/

Re: Story Behind The Song: ‘blessed Assurance’ by jeffizy(m): 2:42am On Nov 18, 2018
⛎ "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine
O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchase of God
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed
Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long". ⛎

A wonderful song that I love.

You need to hear the song with a pipe organ playing in the background.
The feeling is heavenly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Press Release Posting Of A New Commissioner Of Police To Akwa Ibom State / Among The 7 Tallest Statues In Africa, Nigeria Shows Up Twice / You Need To Check What This Man Is Doing With This Cow.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.