Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers (32430 Views)

New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by So101: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2018
Even wike said when it comes to governance he has to give it to Buhari!! We need to start making governors more accountable
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Seanmike(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2018
Osho baba nice one
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by mustwin118: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2018
Increase your bank account

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Horus(m): 10:00am On Nov 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nre6lrlxno

President Buhari approves N30,000 as new minimum wage
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by buchilino(m): 10:02am On Nov 18, 2018
Timolanki:
The federal govt controls our oil money. They should increase governor's allocation and that will solve the problem. Talk to ur clueless master. I blame NLC for not embarking on strike

4 DOSE WHO SAY FG SHOULD INCREASE THE ALLOCATION GIVEN TO STATES, I WANT U TO READ THIS STORY BELOW,

N30K MINIMUM WAGE: AN INSIDER'S REASONS ON WHY STATES CAN PAY (1)
Caveat: please take your time to read this

I have been asking this question for weeks: can states pay N30,000 minimum wage? Yes they can. And I would draw from personal experience and the insight I gained in my little time in government. That experience and insight, a billion dollars cannot buy them!

I was appointed as Special Assistant on Public Communications in June 2007. By 2008 June, it was changed to Special Assistant on Media. (Kindly find attached photograph). If you break it down, my salary came to N280,763.66. After deductions, it came to N245,000 which was what I was earning as take-home pay until I left in April, 2009.

My Direct Individual Benefit Allowance, DIB, (which was erroneously referred to as Furniture Allowance) was N2.6m payable once in FOUR years. This was THREE HUNDRED PERCENT OF MY ANNUAL BASIC.

My severance package, assuming I spent the full four years, would have been another N2.6m.

Note that for Senior Special Assistant, it was higher and then Special Adviser and Commissioner who were virtually on same scale in terms of remuneration.

It would interest you to know that the woman (I still remember her name but won't mention it) who used to prepare the salary payment voucher for political office holders, including the governor, was on THIRTY THOUSAND NAIRA (N30,000) per month as at then! That was N360,000 per annum!

I noticed that the total salary of Ekiti State workers (including political appointees) then was around N1.4b but political appointees alone was responsible for around N450m! This was apart from the DIB and other perks of office that gulped (and still gulping) tens if not hundreds of millions every month!

As at 2008, the Security Vote of the Ekiti State governor was about N80m per month. Rivers was N400m then while states like Bayelsa and Delta was around N500m.

For attending the weekly State Exco meeting, a commissioner is entitled to an allowance. I will withhold the figure. A day outside his duty post in Ado, AS AT THEN, attracted an out of station allowance of almost N50,000. A trip by the governor outside the state for a couple of days would gulp at least a million naira.

From Senior Special Assistant upwards, you are entitled to official fuel of about FIFTY LITRES every week.

The State Chief of Protocol (SCOP) is in charge of welfare in Government House. This welfare includes foods, drinks and other consumables. Since hangers on will hang around Government Houses to "see the governor" till the wee hours of the morning, you can do a mental arithmetic of how much is needed to run a Government House per day!

Since commissioners, special advisers, power brokers, top party chieftains and so on use Government House chalets (and there are so many in every Government House in the country) for some unholy and randy purposes, virtually all these chalets are always occupied every night. And guests have to be fed, laundry done and drinks served!

If you calculate what goes into maintaining political appointees and Government Houses across the country, you ask why democracy should be such an expensive venture for us.

Next: Why do governors complain about lack of funds to pay salaries? It is greed.

2 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by DOD88: 10:05am On Nov 18, 2018
Kudos to Oshoo! Please refresh with a great meal

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by cardoctor(m): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2018
Ordinary salary you can't pay and you want second term.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by thunderbabs: 10:11am On Nov 18, 2018
But why does he talk anyhow when it concerns party issues? He shld ve remained in the NLC

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Princedapace(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2018
Give states more access to their revenue..

Central govt cant be richer than all the states put together..

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how to earn money online, kindly check out my profile and read my thread on how I make money online.

Freelancing is growing all over the world. It remains one of the best ways to earn side or full time income. To do well as a freelancer, u must learn competitive skill, learn to brand your self, package your brand and send out compelling proposals..
Well, I can teach u all these if u are interested.. Check my profile and read my thread on freelancing..
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Mrdavid123: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2018
See below!!

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Princeton92(m): 10:17am On Nov 18, 2018
Wow, well said N still I feel you're pushed to say these. Well done OshoBaba

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by lonelydora: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2018
Never knew Oshiomhole still have some sense left in him
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by tamonokare: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2018
[b]I believe that no nation has enough to meet the greed of leaders, but nations have enough to meet the basic needs of their people.[/b

I like this statement but try make Buhari understand that.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Johnjanrt: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2018
He's the exact truth of the matter is, it's easier to give counsel than take it. Bunch of hypocrites who cannot practice what they preach.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by RoronoaZoro(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2018
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by sirpedro(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2018
tsephanyah:
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
#oshiomoloted
you’re crazy person lol
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by maybel(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2018
Didi2d:
Did Oshomole just said Edo state has been paying #25,000 minimum wage since he was the governor of the state? He even added that his predecessor still pay #25000. Like seriously
That's very true. Edo state has been paying 25000 as minimum wage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by BeiFangLaye(m): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2018
tsephanyah:
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
#oshiomoloted
You got a fan today
Next is umbrella and broom
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by joshjc(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2018
Didi2d:
Did Oshomole just said Edo state has been paying #25,000 minimum wage since he was the governor of the state? He even added that his predecessor still pay #25000. Like seriously
yes it's true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:57am On Nov 18, 2018
wizzyrich:
The only sensible thing Oshomole has said since assuming office as APC chairman.
Infact you spoke my mind!

Just about quoting this(below) when I saw your comment!

He has said the truth! However in Nigeria it's not about saying, it's all about implementing!

“I tried to settle this question by increasing minimum wage in Edo State to N25,000 from N18,000. I remember some people calling me to ask how I will pay it. I am on record of having paid it and as we speak, my successor in office is paying it. I do not agree with those who say Nigeria cannot afford a more realistic minimum wage."

2 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Bimpe29: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2018
Factory Reset has been activated at last.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by plenitude(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2018
In a sane country even private employers cannot pay below government stipulated price....you need to come to one Chinese company in Benin and see how Chinese are using are boys because of pinut....our youths are being exploited even in our country in the eyes of of our government. ..
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Skoopy(m): 11:14am On Nov 18, 2018
If anyone told me oshiomole still has brain, I'll dispute it.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by teejona(m): 11:18am On Nov 18, 2018
wizzyrich:
The only sensible thing Oshomole has said since assuming office as APC chairman.

You only see sense in this one because it aligns with your thought. You cannot give what you don't have
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by iluvdonjazzy: 11:22am On Nov 18, 2018
wizzyrich:
this labour stuff is what fits him, they should make him minister of labour.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by jetroolowole(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2018
no nation has enough to meet the greed of leaders, but nations have enough to meet the basic needs of their people.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by tonyhoney: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2018
Is Oshiomohle sense being reset? he is making a little sense for the first time since becoming a national APC chairman. Little time from now, he will turn mad again.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by egbonodjetj: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2018
Let us help you solve that pressing need. We give loans from 200k to 5million naira in 3hrs.
Join the whatsapp chat here

https:///HcwFHymEfmC2s9wcT541uz
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by rimijoshua(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
He only made these statements in other for us to forget all his atrocities,when he was the governor of Edo state,he couldn't even pay the 18500 let alone 30k...you will vomit those dollars soon...i trust buhari....
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by Angelfrost(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Still doesn't "Change" the fact that you're a thief .
\

This is a typical case of lack of basic intelligence... What has his nature got to do with the sense he just made in those words.
Learn to dissect issues as they are presented, without recourse to the personality of the presenter, in order not to derail from the bounds of proper reasoning. Thank you.
Re: New Minimum Wage: Oshiomhole Breaks Silence On Governors’ Refusal To Workers by awelewaadeboye(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
Good to heard this from comrade Adam oshomole I will like to implore you to use your power well, and do it right as you had said well so that integrity and your sincerity that you are claiming will be well mandated

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Won't Have Office For First Lady- Buhari / March 28 Poll: Survey Rates Jonathan Ahead Of Buhari / Aisha Buhari Prays At The Prophet Moh’d (PBUH) Mosque In Saudi Arabia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.