Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors (10938 Views)

Foreign Actors Of Nigerian Descent / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors / Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by londoner: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2010
Zebra, Nollywood has shown Ghanaian actors nothing but love and acceptance. Nollywood has consistently put Gh actors and actresses in LEAD roles, even to the detriment of their own.

I think its very funny that you see their own move as perfect and understandable, but you see Nigeria doing the exact same as some kind of evil. Nollywood has NEVER stopped Ghanaian filmakers making their films.

What is your reasoning behind it ?

I'm still waiting on that list of Nigerian actors who LIVE in Ghana, if you cant produce it then you need to admit that you simply made it up, or are mistaken. You need to provide the evidence.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ruq: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Zebra am sorry for you not sorry for me you dont what to believe, i agree there are better ways we would have treated this but right now i can't get bitter about it cuz Ghanians made the law against Nigerians, Ours is for "Foreigners" see the difference Twerp? And what garbage are you sayin they are ahead of us or better than us? Get it into your noggins we dont want to be better than Ghana. We want to be better cuz its the right fing! They are the ones competing so eff'em. I think you are one of them
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by zebra543: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
Ruq:

@Zebra am sorry for you not sorry for me you dont what to believe, i agree there are better ways we would have treated this but right now i can't get bitter about it cuz Ghanians made the law against Nigerians, Ours is for "Foreigners" see the difference Twerp? And what garbage are you sayin they are ahead of us or better than us? Get it into your noggins we dont want to be better than Ghana. We want to be better cuz its the right fing! They are the ones competing so eff'em. I think you are one of them

Im not ghanian, but i appreciate the progress the country has made, I follow its politics, and there is a huge difference in the way they see and govern things, I see no reason why ghana will ever want to compete with Nigeria, none at all
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by zebra543: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
londoner:

Zebra, Nollywood has shown Ghanaian actors nothing but love and acceptance. Nollywood has consistently put Gh actors and actresses in LEAD roles, even to the detriment of their own.

I think its very funny that you see their own move as perfect and understandable, but you see Nigeria doing the exact same as some kind of evil. Nollywood has NEVER stopped Ghanaian filmakers making their films.

What is your reasoning behind it ?

I'm still waiting on that list of Nigerian actors who LIVE in Ghana, if you cant produce it then you need to admit that you simply made it up, or are mistaken. You need to provide the evidence.

I said GOOGLE IT! and i wont say it again!

The movie industry isnt built upon sentiments and good will, Producers will cast actors/actresses they know will SELL the movie. It has nothing to do with 'let us help our ghanian counterparts'. When they do they do it for themselves and not for the benefit of any country. IE if the cast majid in a lead role, its because hes the best candidate for the job, has a large fanbase coupled with a decent price tag and will gain them profit, him being foreign might even add an extra advantage and so on and so on- what can NEVER happen in nigeria and AGN know this very well is an influx of foreign actors overshadowing home talents, people will never chose majid over ramsey appiah over genevieve or attoh over ike you can probably even count foreigners in nollywood on one hand.

I never said the move is evil i said the move is immature, and it wont even affect ghanians, because now it will only encourage most of them to keep thier shooting at home, which is what gollywood was going for in the first place! what a boomerang!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by londoner: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Zebra, why should I google it? If you know of the Nollywood actors and actresses who LIVE in Ghana, it should be easy for you to real off their names. You made it up, just admit it. I cant stand it when people are caught telling lies then dont have the courage to hold their hands up.

ALL of Ghana's top actors have been given leading roles in Nollywood. There are only a few because there are only a few top stars who are Ghanaian, even in their own industry it is only Van, Majid, Jackie, Yvonne and Nadia. If Majid is in a lead role, yes he may be the best guy for the job who has a following in both countries. If they prevent people like Van from making films in Nigeria, it will shoot them in the foot first, because they will have to start paying the same as Nollywood does. That is one of the main reasons Ghanaian actors come to Nigeria, the pay is better and the exposure.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by THEAMAKA(f): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2010
zebra543:

CCking dont say that, we dont all think like amaka some of us are very openminded, not blinded by hatred or superiority complex over an obviously more succesful nation, dont follow or agree with 'playground politics, and understand there are more important things to deal with rather than 'getting your own back' at a nation for simply trying to give opportunity to thier indigenes!

People still think this is the 'ghana must go' era- the 'nigeria must go' era is yet to come!
uhm. . . this has nothing to do with superiority complex, honey. and who is blinded by hatred?
B!TCH PLEASE!!!!
you are the one over here on this competition thing like nobody's business. "Ghana is way ahead of you"
AND?! still gives us every right to throw hurdles in front of their actors as they have done to our own.
bleeping tumors
and you're obviously NOT a Nigerian. what kind of Nigerian would be waiting and wishing for the "Nigeria must go" era? 
are you kidding me right now?
and Ruq is right. Nigerians have a big hand in Ghana's employment and development. so do you really think they would send Nigerians packing? 

you simply MADE IT UP! you said you won't google it because you "don't have time" yet you have come back to this post more than 10 times.
i just googled it and found NOTHING.
SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE SEEING! because its OBVIOUSLY not there.

and if you don't think this will hurt the Ghanaian movie industry, you are joking. many of their movie sales come from Ghana and Nigeria. cut Nigeria's big market out and how many people do you really think are buying these movies?
the fact that Nollywood movies film in Ghana has NOT STOPPED any Ghanaian from producing and filming their own movies. there is more than enough space in Ghana to film. they are just a bunch of lousy liars. same people that have no problem that their actors run to Nigeria every other week instead of staying at home and helping their industry "grow"  grin cheesy
even their actors act 20times more than Nigerians act in their "industry" so that $1,000 fine? who is that REALLY hurting?
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ruq: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2010
Cjking&Zebra are confused Nigerians i dont believe people like this still exists in this era! No matter how developed ghana is i will never prefer it to Naija,cuz i know what we have. But they are just bunch of Mofos!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by londoner: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
@ The Amaka, NO Nollywood actor or actress lives in Ghana, not any that people would know of anyway. If they prevent Ghanaian actors from being in Nigerian movies, I hope they know many of their top actors will be idle in between films. Unless they are planning to drastically increase the volume of films, or their budgets to make the whole process longer. Will Van and co accept a lower fee than they currently recieve on a Nollywood set? This is what it will amount to for them. They will have to pay their own actors more for every role they take up.

In a few months time, they will reap the seed they are sowing today.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by THEAMAKA(f): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2010
londoner:

@ The Amaka, NO Nollywood actor or actress lives in Ghana, not any that people would know of anyway. If they prevent Ghanaian actors from being in Nigerian movies, I hope they know many of their top actors will be idle in between films. Unless they are planning to drastically increase the volume of films, or their budgets to make the whole process longer. Will Van and co accept a lower fee than they currently recieve on a Nollywood set? This is what it will amount to for them. They will have to pay their own actors more for every role they take up.

In a few months time, they will reap the seed they are sowing today.
of course!!! they just shot themselves in the foot by trying to encourage "growth" grin grin grin
growth my arse!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by londoner: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
Its not about growth at all.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ruq: 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
Actually they shot themselves in the Groin!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by CGKing(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
Ruq:

Cjking&Zebra are confused Nigerians i dont believe people like this still exists in this era! No matter how developed ghana is i will never prefer it to Naija,cuz i know what we have. But they are just bunch of Mofos!

Lol. U r so confused, serious. U clearly didnt read anything i said. And then u r talking from sentiments rather than reason.

londoner:

@CG King, I clearly said in the very post you quoted that I dont blame them for cashing in. So why should Nollywood also not cash in? Is the point that most people here are making. It is Nigerian filmakers who have deliberately introduced Ghanaian actors and actresses, by giving them opportunity consistently. Even their premiers are all at Silverbird, and that company has helped them to showcase their films in cinema along with the latest films from the US.

They simply dont like the fact that their own stars are stars because of Nollywood and not their own industry. They should instead stop their actors from acting in Nollywood if it bothers them so much.

Hopefully this will force Nigerian filmakers to look closer to home for talent and location. In the long run, it is better for Nollywood.

Is there really anything to cash in on with Ghaana? If we knew that all along, we wouldnt have waited to act after Ghana had made their move. Its a clear cut case of retaliation, its small mindedness on our part. On their part, it was a natural move because the lesser will always benefit from the greater.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ranoscky(m): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2010
U guys won't believe dat i read every down fukkin post comment on dis thread to see how it's gon end!

@CGKING, @ZEBRA, @MAMA GEE, let me make it clear to u guys by puttin it dis way! Ghana n Nigeria r in good terms, n nigerian actors n actressess always go to ghana for film coverage, n about 4 or 5 top movie stars in nigeria r from Ghana, tho, no nigerian in Ghana movie industry buh, d goin was fine between both country's! den, all of a sudden, Ghollywood rose up 1 day n levied nigeria d sum of 1kusd if dey want to com n shot any video coverage in dia country. nollywood asked y? n dey replied dat dey want to use dat medium to improve d immature ghollywood actors n actressess in dia country. n nollywood said FINE! no problem! later, nollywood also rose up 1 morning n levied d sum of 250naira to any foreigner dat want's to act a movie in nigeria. if u ask me, i'll say nollywood did dia's in a matured way b'cos, dey didn't say d levy was impose to ghollywood actors n actoressess as a matter of retaliation buh, we all know's it's a retaliation to what dey said, n i see no big deal on it. if dey (ghollywood actors n actressess) think's it's unfair den, dey should go n talk to dia ghollywood movie industry b'cos, dey started it 1st, so na 1-1 God no vex! Now, for u guys criticisin nollywood for dia reaction, what r u tryna say? r u sayin nollywood should overlook what dey said b'cos nollywood is way more bigger dan ghollywood, n continue going to ghana for video coverage, n paying d levy? FINE! no problem! ghollywood actors n actressess should also continue actin film in nigeria, n payin d levy also! is dia anything bad on it? den, if u insist nollywood should over look d whole matter n stil continue den, hu b d mugu, n hu b d maga? undecided (after we go dey claim, nobody fit scam me, or nobody fit use my head). for ur info, d only reason y nollywood always go to ghana is b'cos of electricity n nothin else! what more can u talk about? is it beautiful manssions? is it fly/exotic cars? it was even here in NL (of recent, through @Gbawe) dat i knew dat a motor company called "TATA" is producin affordable cars for d ghanians. have u ever heard dat any motor company is producin affordable cars for nigerians? u see, dis electricity of a tin just make pipu dey think say ghana don better pass nigeria by far, n naim b d only tin wey dem take dey make uneccessary noise. FINE! ghana is in a good state now b'cos of d light of a thing buh, which economy dem fit boast of again? n som1 said nigerians should stop d j-lo on ghanians, hu do u think is j-loin each other? well, i don't have more to say again, buh d bottom line is, if dis imposed levy on d ghollywood actors n actress should be a "no retreat no surrender"/no goin back, den, don't be surprise to see Van, Majid, Jackie, Juliet, John, etc openin bizness centers in ghana, wia dey make phone calls, b'cos, it's d end of d road for dem in nigeria. thanx!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by flint7: 1:27am On Aug 05, 2010
CGKing:

Simple! Wat iv been saying since last month. Note, im open minded on this. Its either they are doing it sincerely to help their ppl or deliberately to get to us. Either way we have position inthe industry, we must understand it and live it.

[color=Black]Bros, u are making a very big mistake to compete with ghana. Competition is horizontal, not vertical. Think the US will compete with us?

This is why a Nigeian woman must never be president in  in Naija. Im sure if u were president and we have weapons, you would have order a pre emptive strike becos of Ghoolywood and nollywood news. Ghanian actors need us, just as our actors need them. Tell urself the truth inspite of your anger and disgust of them.  Uv got to stop competing with your juniors. na was o.
Guy please read through my post properly because if u did, i don't think u would see any place i said we are or were competiting with ghana, yes conpetition is horizon not vertical, but in this case that doesn't apply especially when it is obvious that u are just being attacked for flimzy excuses, then in this case having the larger market nollywood should take advantage of that.Yes the US will when they see us as an emerging trait and that is when nigeria decides to wake up from its slumber
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ruq: 7:07am On Aug 05, 2010
@Ranosky God bless you! van own don finish na him go vex pass because him get fans for here!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ranoscky(m): 8:37am On Aug 05, 2010
^
Bless u too my broda! U see, it's a very simple case. I don't know how some pipu do reason, n sayin shaddy shyt to nollywoods reaction. if d van n others feel say what nollywood did is not fair, den dey should go n settle with dia ghollywood movie industry b'cos dey started it. nollywood would never dream to imposin such levy to dem if not for what dia gollywood peeps said. now 4 all doz criticisin nollywood 4 dia reaction let me ask u dis question, 4 all d yrs dat ghanian actors n actressess has been actin movies in nigeria, did nollywood industry said anything to dem?
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ruq: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2010
Ranoscky:

^
Bless u too my broda! U see, it's a very simple case. I don't know how some pipu do reason, n sayin shaddy shyt to nollywoods reaction. if d van n others feel say what nollywood did is not fair, den dey should go n settle with dia ghollywood movie industry b'cos dey started it. nollywood would never dream to imposin such levy to dem if not for what dia gollywood peeps said. now 4 all doz criticisin nollywood 4 dia reaction let me ask u dis question, 4 all d yrs dat ghanian actors n actressess has been actin movies in nigeria, did nollywood industry said anything to dem?

Abi oo They are just bunch of mofos livin with hatred in theri hearts!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ifygurl: 12:25am On Aug 06, 2010
I read this entire debate and i agree with Amaka, londerner and co.

@Zebra,
I do not know what kind of Nigerian you are. I highly doubt you are a Nigerian at all. Your judgment is so double-minded that i find it ironic, that even though everyone kept pointing it out for you; you still remain blind.
According to you, Ghana has every right to put a fee on Nigerian actors but Nigeria has no right to do the same. I am a little bit confused in that logic.
Ghana movie stars are taking jobs from Nigerian movie stars and potential Nigerians who are trying to get into that industry, the same way Nigerians are taking jobs from potential Ghanaians trying to break into their industry so why is it okay for Ghana to protect their people from this problem but when Nigerians do it, it's not okay. What kind of stupid logic is that?
@ For Ckking,
I understand what you are saying but just because you think Ghana is behind us, that is okay for them to mistreat Nigerians and we should just look the other way is not a good thing. Hon, it does not work like that. Nigeria has been looking the other way for Years. When they kicked out all Nigerian small business in Ghana, Nigeria did not retaliate by kicking out Ghanaian small business in Nigeria. When they added alot of taxes to Nigerian big business in Ghana, Nigeria did not retaliate. When Nigerian companies in Ghana having problems in from Ghanaian citizens, Nigerians didn’t retaliate to Ghanaian companies in Nigeria. When their reporter began writing articles upon articles insulting and ridiculing Nigeria; Nigerian reporters did not retaliate. I think the fact we are not retaliate is the reason why they keep doing this. It is high time Nigeria stops thinking, One Africa and start thinking for our damn self. Its clear other Africans sure as hell are not praying for us like we are for them.
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by THEAMAKA(f): 3:38am On Aug 06, 2010
Ifygurl:

I read this entire debate and i agree with Amaka, londerner and co.

@Zebra,
I do not know what kind of Nigerian you are. I highly doubt you are a Nigerian at all. Your judgment is so double-minded that i find it ironic, that even though everyone kept pointing it out for you; you still remain blind.
According to you, Ghana has every right to put a fee on Nigerian actors but Nigeria has no right to do the same. I am a little bit confused in that logic.
Ghana movie stars are taking jobs from Nigerian movie stars and potential Nigerians who are trying to get into that industry, the same way Nigerians are taking jobs from potential Ghanaians trying to break into their industry so why is it okay for Ghana to protect their people from this problem but when Nigerians do it, it's not okay. What kind of silly logic is that?
@ For Ckking,
I understand what you are saying but just because you think Ghana is behind us, that is okay for them to mistreat Nigerians and we should just look the other way is not a good thing. Hon, it does not work like that. Nigeria has been looking the other way for Years. When they kicked out all Nigerian small business in Ghana, Nigeria did not retaliate by kicking out Ghanaian small business in Nigeria. When they added alot of taxes to Nigerian big business in Ghana, Nigeria did not retaliate. When Nigerian companies in Ghana having problems in from Ghanaian citizens, Nigerians didn’t retaliate to Ghanaian companies in Nigeria. When their reporter began writing articles upon articles insulting and ridiculing Nigeria; Nigerian reporters did not retaliate. I think the fact we are not retaliate is the reason why they keep doing this. It is high time Nigeria stops thinking, One Africa and start thinking for our damn self. Its clear other Africans sure as hell are not praying for us like we are for them.
I'm gonna print this out and hang it on my wall. . . hahaha. cheesy smiley
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ruq: 6:21am On Aug 06, 2010
Word ifygurl
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by Ranoscky(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2010
Big ups to u Ify!
Re: Nollywood Slams N250,000 Clearance Fee On Foreign Actors by ajekpaks(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
The Ghanians just didn't know what hit them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Predict Baba Suwe's Next Movie Title / BBNaija Lovers, Shegz & Bella Discuss Number Of Children They Will Have (Video) / MTN 'Project Fame' Audition In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.