Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect (12214 Views)

Man Faking Madness Caught With N250,000, Three Iphones, Women Underwear In Ogun / How We Sold Nigerians Into Slavery In Libya —suspects / Couple Seeking Better Life Sells One-day-old Baby For N250,000 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by CastedGist: 10:39am On Nov 18, 2018
Operative of the Inspector General of Police Monitoring Team in Rivers State have nabbed a couple who sold their day-old baby for N250,000 to pay off debts incured during wife’s pregnancy.

The family told Sunday Vanguard that they sold the baby to settle debt and relocate from the village to the city.

The couple, according to the Commander in charge of the IGP Monitoring Team in the state, Benneth Igweh, alongside the suspected traffickers, regretted their action, but stated that if they had money they would not have involved the act.
The mother of the baby, Chidinma Richard, 29, narrated that she had fallen sick during pregnancy and borrowed money to treat herself, adding that the husband is a wheelbarrow pusher.
Chidinma also disclosed that her husband, Benson, earlier did not accept her advice to sell the baby, saying he changed his mind after seeing the reality of their situation.
She said:

“I am from Isiala Mbano, Imo State. I was arrested by the police because I sold my day-old baby. I sold him for N250, 000 through one Ugonma. I sold the child because of our condition. I have given birth to four children. One died because of our situation. We are left with two children now.
“I never wanted to give birth to another child after two children but this one happened by mistake. When I gave birth to this one, I told my husband that we should sell him.
“My intention was for us to use the money to settle our debt and then relocate to Umuahia in Abia State. All these happened because my husband is not working, we have been living in my village and I wanted us to relocate.
“When I got pregnant again, I was involved in an accident so I borrowed money to treat myself and meet other needs. When they took the baby, I cried, but I had no alternative.”

Meanwhile, the prime suspected trafficker, who allegedly bought the baby from the couple, Mrs. Eucharia Jaja, 48, said that she had trafficked four children out of Nigeria within the last 12 months.
The mother of four said:
“It is over a year since I joined this business. One late Rose, a traditional birth attendant, introduced me into this business. She introduced me to Ikechi Nwayanwu, who is also in the business.
“The woman we sold the little baby to has taken him and travelled to Lagos. I sold the baby for N750, 000. I have sold about four children with the last one year that I joined the business.
“We don’t get babies every time; it is not something you get every time. My husband does not know much about the business because he is a tailor.
“What I do is to tell him to drive me sometimes when I want to go and deliver a baby. It is only twice he drove me. I am a nurse before I joined the business”.

BY GISTMORE.COM - http://gistmore.com/sold-day-old-baby-n250-000-pay-off-debts-suspect

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by CastedGist: 10:39am On Nov 18, 2018
sad
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by IamD18: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2018
I thought women so much have real love for their new born baby that they can't afford to loose or sell the baby?

6 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by toffyz(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2018
What a life!
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Lindaspeak: 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
una die well
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by GOFRONT(m): 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
See wetin buhari cause......

I'm in my boat, comman beat me...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by tstx(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
Poverty.... Never judge anyone if you never wear their shoe... Poverty will mk you do crazy things.

Meanwhile y'all need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
4 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Africans As Guinea Pigs

12 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Chizzyjoyce(f): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hmm..

Dem no try at all mbok..

Was it the child that incurred the debt??
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by SingleWahala(f): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
grin...... RITUAL- DEBT ni grin

3 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by AgbariOjukwu1: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
Yeebos and selling of humans sha cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Dexpro: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
angry
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by NotBeenPaid: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2018

Desperate times calls for desperate measures - most humans have the hearts to bane in tough situations just to survive.

An unruly nation is crime friendly.

1 Like

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
Animals

2 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by AmazingELixir: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
lipsrsealed

Some are looking for the fruit of the womb while those blessed with it are selling off theirs... what an ironic twist of fate..

But on the flip side the babies are better off sold off to families that can cater for them than left with families that will breed them to become owo da boys on Lagos roads or amajiris in the far north

2 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by EliteBeautyBlog(f): 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
It's all good, the baby's destiny may turn out better in the hands of the new parents$

2 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by marryplo: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
Poverty everywhere.
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by berrystunn(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
Huh

Out there too many Good people looking for baby for years

1 Like

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by OneManLegion(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
NCAN rushing here like:

7 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by AngelicBeing: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
Speeches sad
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
GOFRONT:
See wetin buhari cause......

I'm in my boat, comman beat me...
dis one go soon craze finish o

4 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Somebody should confirm if it is our blodas from biafla! I did not read the post but I am too sure it must be them! grin grin

7 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Mankosi: 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Things dey happen

1 Like

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by showafrica(m): 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
tstx:
Poverty.... Never judge anyone if you never wear their shoe... Poverty will mk you do crazy things.

Meanwhile y'all need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
4 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Africans As Guinea Pigs

Poverty is the root of all evil.. But in a sane country, poverty is the root of all inventions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Evercurious(f): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
CastedGist:
Operative of the Inspector General of Police Monitoring Team in Rivers State have nabbed a couple who sold their day-old baby for N250,000 to pay off debts incured during wife’s pregnancy.

The family told Sunday Vanguard that they sold the baby to settle debt and relocate from the village to the city.

The couple, according to the Commander in charge of the IGP Monitoring Team in the state, Benneth Igweh, alongside the suspected traffickers, regretted their action, but stated that if they had money they would not have involved the act.
The mother of the baby, Chidinma Richard, 29, narrated that she had fallen sick during pregnancy and borrowed money to treat herself, adding that the husband is a wheelbarrow pusher.
Chidinma also disclosed that her husband, Benson, earlier did not accept her advice to sell the baby, saying he changed his mind after seeing the reality of their situation.
She said:

“I am from Isiala Mbano, Imo State. I was arrested by the police because I sold my day-old baby. I sold him for N250, 000 through one Ugonma. I sold the child because of our condition. I have given birth to four children. One died because of our situation. We are left with two children now.
“I never wanted to give birth to another child after two children but this one happened by mistake. When I gave birth to this one, I told my husband that we should sell him.
“My intention was for us to use the money to settle our debt and then relocate to Umuahia in Abia State. All these happened because my husband is not working, we have been living in my village and I wanted us to relocate.
“When I got pregnant again, I was involved in an accident so I borrowed money to treat myself and meet other needs. When they took the baby, I cried, but I had no alternative.”

Meanwhile, the prime suspected trafficker, who allegedly bought the baby from the couple, Mrs. Eucharia Jaja, 48, said that she had trafficked four children out of Nigeria within the last 12 months.
The mother of four said:
“It is over a year since I joined this business. One late Rose, a traditional birth attendant, introduced me into this business. She introduced me to Ikechi Nwayanwu, who is also in the business.
“The woman we sold the little baby to has taken him and travelled to Lagos. I sold the baby for N750, 000. I have sold about four children with the last one year that I joined the business.
“We don’t get babies every time; it is not something you get every time. My husband does not know much about the business because he is a tailor.
“What I do is to tell him to drive me sometimes when I want to go and deliver a baby. It is only twice he drove me. I am a nurse before I joined the business”.

BY GISTMORE.COM - http://gistmore.com/sold-day-old-baby-n250-000-pay-off-debts-suspect

THIS IS A CASE OF 'DO NOT LET THE ROD OF THE WICKED REST UPON THE LOTS OF THE RIGHTEOUS LEST THE RIGHTEOUS PUT FORTH THEIR HANDS IN INIQUITY' ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE.. (Just hope I got it all right)

I CAN'T AND WON'T CONDEMN THE COUPLE.. I JUST PRAY THAT GOD HEALS THIS LAND COS POVERTY HAS FOUND A DWELLING PLACE IN NIGERIA
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by DonBenny77(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hungry na bad thing

Buhari/jubril

Must

Go

1 Like

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by tstx(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
showafrica:

Poverty is the root of all evil.. But in a sane country, poverty is the root of all inventions.

Africa isn't a Sane Country

1 Like

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Ovofresh: 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nigerians and corrupt mindset shocked shocked

Check My Signature, If You Need Fresh Maxbonty Accounts
Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by Patrioticman007(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
What's wrong with thing called Igbo's, everything is for sale, papa sell pikin, mama sell pikin, pikin sells hard drugs, pikin sells yahoo Yahoo. With all the 10% tithes Christians pay to churches, common simple welfare for members in need, is a big wahala !!!. As a little kid, I thought angels come with big Ghana must go bags to carry gods 10% tithes to heaven, until when I saw a Reverend father driving Lincoln navigator, oops. God needs not our money but love for one another. Let's assist our relatives with money not, enriching some dubious men called clergy men.

9 Likes

Re: We Sold Our Day-old Baby For N250, 000 To Pay Off Debts – Suspect by frozen70(f): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
It's a pity, but I still prefer this than kidnapping or snatching a child from the mother

Both parents consented to this act and I think they should be free

Poverty have made so many people take decisions that ordinarily they won't even accept

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nine EndSARS Protesters Arrested Three Years Ago Regains Freedom In Oyo / 86-Year-Old Widow, Comfort Mmezi: Policemen Killed My Two Sons Within Five Years / President Buhari Condemns Killings In Anambra, Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.