Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,636 members, 7,955,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Web Host Owners - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Host Owners (1109 Views)

Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / Abeg Who Is Nairaland.com's Web Host? / My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2010
I seem to find a lot of webhost owners on NL so if your reading this i would like to know how you started out the step by step procedures you took
did you just by a reseller host and started marketing or what
good easy to understand answers will be appreciated and webhost owners if you offer a reseller account i will register with the host that gives best detailed answers wink
Re: Web Host Owners by DualCore1: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2010
Started out as a reseller with Webhostingbuzz and just hosted my inhouse sites, went into commercial hosting with them still. Moved over to their VPS plans as clients increased. Then got my own dedicated servers in Datacentersin UK and Germany and now i'm doing ma thang dedicatedly and loving it. Being a Linux Administrator is fun and easy too cuz all you need is online already. There's hardly a "new" problem online these days. Webhosting is fun if you are not profit-centric. Just pump some loose change into it and have fun making clients happy, the profits just start coming whenever they want to.
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2010
interesting but I’m planning to start my own web host and I was told to get a reseller hosting account, what are the step by step procedures I need to take to start up and run my own host from scratch ?
Re: Web Host Owners by DualCore1: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2010
send me a mail and I will reply with an attachment of a book that will treat all your questions.

sawyerrken at gmail dot com
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2010
mail sent
Re: Web Host Owners by DualCore1: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2010
Nothing received. Double check the email addy you have.
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2010
sorry used sawyerken instead of sawyerrken  smiley
Re: Web Host Owners by lojik(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2010
@DualCore
Haba! You of all people should understand the importance of posting free solutions on the forum as opposed to sending it to members via email.
What if someone else has d same problem in the furure? The forum's search feature will not return results from Dizzy001's inbox o.

If u r charging him, its understandable but if its free, pls attach it here so that others with similar problems can get enlightened.
Re: Web Host Owners by DualCore1: 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2010
Bros the book get some kind copyright kini like that. Its a known book in this section. I got to know about it from Seton. Its entitled "How to get your first 100 clients".
Already sent it to him. Will upload it to rapidshare. Its about 3 meg.

Dizzy001:

sorry used sawyerken instead of sawyerrken  smiley
seen, sent.
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2010
2.2 mb to be precise and still downloading
lojik:

@DualCore
Haba! You of all people should understand the importance of posting free solutions on the forum as opposed to sending it to members via email.
What if someone else has d same problem in the furure? The forum's search feature will not return results from Dizzy001's inbox o.

If u r charging him, its understandable but if its free, pls attach it here so that others with similar problems can get enlightened.

N.L's maximum upload limit is 200 kb, and file is 2.2 mb
Re: Web Host Owners by lojik(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2010
Well done sir!
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 8:33am On Jul 26, 2010
Register a domain name, sign up a reseller account, go to VPS
,you mean i still have to purchase vps hosting after signing up a reseller that bills monthly shocked shocked money ooooooooohhhhhhhh, i'm starting to think iscripts autohoster might be a better choice
Re: Web Host Owners by Seton(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2010
What i mean, is after your reseller account, you can choose to upgrade to VPS, which will allow to have access to root, in case any of your clients need to install third party software among others
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2010
o.k is there any webhost that gives tial reseller account and not money back,i asked justhost for a demo of their reseller account and they said i should purchase and if i dont like it i should request for moneyback,but i dont want that so is there any host naija or foreign that gives trial period to resellers ? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Web Host Owners by DualCore1: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2010
^^ could get you a reseller account for 3 days for your demo. After that, you like it you buy it.
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2010
sure o.k cheesy with the whmcs,whm panel,domain registrar and everything,thanks a lot,24 hours is enough for me to try it but 3 days is aight
Re: Web Host Owners by friendehis(m): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2010
My company can offer a demo on the basis of special package for the said three days that u want. If u are interested u can give me a call to start right away. Mean while i have an ebook on starting your resellers hosting business that u can srudy to know how things work.

just in case u can view our resellers plan to at least have a review http://www.vbhostnet.com/resellers_hosting.html

My contacts
Emmanuel Okaiwele
08071773966, 07039412702

Best of luck to u Broda
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2010
ive gone through enough demos from the main cpanel to hosts but i want to like test out/go through the whole process of installation,building homepage/pages,setting plans, up till the point of what is left is getting costumers,then the trial ends and my experience from the trial makes me decide if to continue by purchasing or not.
Re: Web Host Owners by DualCore1: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2010
Umm. . . here's what I can provide for demo.

A reseller account with access to your WHM panel where you do all your webhosting voodoo.
The demo doesnt cover WHMCS. If you want whmcs, you can get it from the official whmcs site. They have flexible pricing for their different licenses.
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2010
in other words thats all i need to get started,well i think i'm ready cause ive gone through these demos
http://www.cpanel.net/products/cpanelwhm/try-demo.html
http://www.whmcs.com/demo.php

all that remains i think is for me to settle down and read that long ebook undecided
Re: Web Host Owners by DualCore1: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2010
yea sure, read it. its a nice read
Re: Web Host Owners by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
send me your email and i will send the ebook that i just finished on web hosting and how you can go about everything
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^^^ dakedcash@gmail.com

and for all you yahoo yahoo wey dey NL,claiming you own business,efcc head quarters be my neighbor and i fit find you na i.p from your mail so beware and no use my mail as your next zone because i no be moogu angry
Re: Web Host Owners by bros1234(m): 12:07am On Jul 27, 2010
How i started. how i started. hmmmm Let me think

Ok, i just bought resellership and whmcs and did my site. Initially thought i would make 1 million the next month grin. But no. Instead have found myself spending plenty time making others say thank you. The fact is I didnt even know i was that nice and patient. Ok ok. money is comin but not as fast. Have just managed to do 300$ and 400$ in sales each in the last two months of launching.you get the idea. U grow gradually. Now thinking of doing more marketing.

That book, is it first 100 clients or first 1000 clients? Where did I even keep that book in my computer. And DC i didnt know you are this bad. I bought that book, you know how much and now you are sharing it free. U shld have shared it before now grin.

Hey just kidding

I'm feeling sleepy as i type this. So if i wake up i wil likely remmeber more yanks. Am I fre to add another post here before DC and co takes my posting provilages again

www.wazohost.com
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 6:04am On Jul 27, 2010
this just occurred back to me what if the reseller package i want to purchase is

Disk space 25GB
Monthly Bandwidth 250GB

does that mean the highest package i can create is one of

Disk space 25GB
Monthly Bandwidth 250GB

or i have to plan out how many domains can share the package

e.g 10 domains with 100mb Disk Space each will use 1gb of my disk space therefore it remains 240 domains running on this same plan to fill up my reseller disk space

?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Web Host Owners by Dizzy001(m): 6:35am On Jul 27, 2010
@feyisara please send the ebook,let me remove me email,here is one Y.Y Amateur using my mail

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Hello,

I am Mr. Stephen Webster. Currently, I am the Executive Director in charge of Credit and Foreign bills in Bank of Scotland (UK) PLC, 11 Earl Grey Street Edinburgh EH3 9BN. I am in search of a trusted agent to assist in the transfer of 6,000,000.00 GBP (Six Million pounds Sterling) and the subsequent investment in properties in your country.

You would be required to:
(1) Assist in the transfer of the said sum
(2) Advise on lucrative areas for investment
(3) Assist us in purchase of properties.

If you are willing to assist us in this transaction, your share of the sum will be 30% of the 6,000,000.00 GB, the other 65% for the parties involved here and the remaining 5% will be set aside in case any expenses occurred in both parties.

I would be more than pleased if you indicate your interest by indicating your confidential private phone number/s in your positive response. I will proceed to furnish you with detailed information on the procedures and means on how the funds would be transferred or made available to you.

I await your IMMEDIATE response. And please call me immediately you receive this message for more explanation. My telephones number +447031874783 or +447031819717 AND PLEASE REPLY TO MY PRIATE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MORE DETAILS mrstephenwebster1@gmail.com

Yours Sincerely
Mr. Stephen Webster
Bank of Scotland Plc.
11 Earl Grey Street
Edinburgh EH3 9BN.
United Kingdom

Re: Web Host Owners by bros1234(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2010
Dizzy001:

@feyisara please send the ebook,let me remove me email,here is one Y.Y Amateur using my mail

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I will call feyi and talk to him. But then you were lucky. If I was the guy I would send a bot to crawl all your email activities shocked. Dont give ur useful email addy in public forums like that

Dizzy001:

this just occurred back to me what if the reseller package i want to purchase is

Disk space 25GB
Monthly Bandwidth 250GB

does that mean the highest package i can create is one of

Disk space 25GB
Monthly Bandwidth 250GB

or i have to plan out how many domains can share the package

e.g 10 domains with 100mb Disk Space each will use 1gb of my disk space therefore it remains 240 domains running on this same plan to fill up my reseller disk space

?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Yes thats what it means. That's why I had to start with unlimited master resellership b/c i dont want any of those limitations.I know some guys here will start hitting me again (and I say pls dont) but I would advise that you consider starting with a plan like that so you have more flexibility. Check out www.wazohost.com and you can contact me if you need any guidance.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me On Bulk Sms Website! / PHP Vs Python: Little Challenge / Web Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.