Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku (1612 Views)

My Experience With Blord's Famous App (worst Mistake) Screenshots / ( THROWBACK ) Zoning: PDP Must Admit 2011 Mistake – Atiku / APC Is Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake – Atiku Tells Defectors To PDP In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by aljharem(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
I am Alj Harem and those that have spent time on this forum will know how i canvass for PMB not to be voted but you trust stupid Nigerians to still vote him in. Buhari has increased inflation by over 500% increase fuel prices by over 90% and devalue our money by over 120%. Yes Buhari took Nigeria back. All the progress we have made during GEJ, Buhari just destroyed it. Now we are about to make anothet big mistake if we vote Atiku. Please what sort of mad man will say he wants to sell NNPC. Once nnpc is sold, you can as well sell the nation. Any privatization in nigeria is full of fraud !!!! The same man that collects the nations revenue through Intel in all NPA transactions shocked . I want to believe we are not that foolish. Some people even said Atiku was right shocked some even liken it to privatization of nitel etc shocked please is nitel handling all our crude and the nations wealth. If you vote atiku, A ti ku oooo. ( meaning We are all dead).

My igbo brothers and sisters, i understand your frustration about the country and i am probably feeling the bit more but to pick between the devil(atiku) and the deep blue sea(buhari) . I would rather pick the deep blue sea and know the my death is temporary but not the devil that is eternity. Think well o.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by SarkinYarki: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
The problem is that we Nigerians keep seeing NNPC as a govt regulator instead of an oil company .. I am not in support of selling NNPC in anyway but instead more interested in the repositioning of the company to become what it was set up to be NNPC must stop being a revenue collector for the govt but rather an independent oil company owned by the govt and going about it's business , the FOR should be empowered to take up any regulatory role NNPC illegally usurped from it ..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by sholatech(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
There is nothing wrong in privatising NNPC. Most countries petroleum firms had long been privatised. Currently, of what benefit is Nnpc to the nation please? They don't generate enough funds for the federation & moSt Times claim they are running at a loss while our Presidents use them to siphon money.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by OAUTemitayo: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
Lol
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
aljharem:
I am Alj Harem and those that have spent time on this forum will know how i canvass for PMB not to be voted but you trust stupid Nigerians to still vote him in. Buhari has increased inflation by over 500% increase fuel prices by over 90% and devalue our money by over 120%. Yes Buhari took Nigeria back. All the progress we have made during GEJ, Buhari just destroyed it. Now we are about to make anothet big mistake if we vote Atiku. Please what sort of mad man will say he wants to sell NNPC. Once nnpc is sold, you can as well sell the nation. Any privatization in nigeria is full of fraud !!!! The same man that collects the nations revenue through Intel in all NPA transactions shocked . I want to believe we are not that foolish. Some people even said Atiku was right shocked some even liken it to privatization of nitel etc shocked please is nitel handling all our crude and the nations wealth. If you vote atiku, A ti ku oooo. ( meaning We are all dead).

My igbo brothers and sisters, i understand your frustration about the country and i am probably feeling the bit more but to pick between the devil(atiku) and the deep blue sea(buhari) . I would rather pick the deep blue sea and know the my death is temporary but not the devil that is eternity. Think well o.

You got it wrong here, OP. The privatisation of nitel had created jobs for millions of Nigeria. Don't say this crap to slot managing director because he'd just see you as a fool. While the obasanjo administration got it wrong by favouring their folks on privatisation which was why the privatised assets failed to yield success, he got it right on nitel. What the government earned in a year from gsm operators alone was 10 times higher than what they used to earn in same period when nitel was on board. Nnpc is a fraud. Maybe the OP is a beneficiary of that fraud. No forward thinking Nigerian would oppose to the privatisation of nnpc. Where many got it wrong is when comparing privatisation to sale . They're not the same. On atiku's idea I stand . Airports, rails, stadiums, even prisons and other means of transportation were run by private companies abroad. That's why many of us could tell of how beautiful and efficient they are when we return from our foreign trips. At'emi ati idile mi. Atiku la maa dibo fun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
awelekiti:
You got it wrong here, OP. The privatisation of nitel had created jobs for millions of Nigeria. Don't say this cpap to slot managing director because he'd just see you as a fool. While the obasanjo administration got it wrong by favouring their folks on privatisation which was why the privatised assets failed to yield success, he got it right on nitel. What the government earned in a year from gsm operators alone was 10 times higher than what they used to earn in same period when nitel was on board. Nnpc is a fraud. Maybe the OP is a beneficiary of that fraud. No forward thinking Nigerian would oppose to the privatisation of nnpc. Where many got it wrong is when comparing privatisation to sale . They're not the same. On atiku's idea I stand . Airports, rails, stadiums, even prisons and other means of transportation were run by private companies abroad. That's why many of us could tell of how beautiful and efficient they are when we return from our foreign trips. At'emi ati idile mi. Atiku la maa dibo fun

Your naivete is mind-boggling!

Firstly, privatisation of nitel did not create millions of jobs, the telcos that gave nitel competition did!

Secondly, don't ever compare nitel to a cash cow like NNPC...lailai.

Thirdly, you also claim many agencies are being "run by private companies abroad." But you fail to realise there are excellent institutions abroad that "oversee" all this; even then, there are still problematic externalities.

We are here in Nigeria where corruption is a beguiling monstrosity, and you dare suggest a strategic company like NNPC be sold! To whom exactly? Atiku's cronies? You bet. And who guarantees that the privatisation process is transparent? Saraki? You get the drift now!

I understand aljharem's fears, and you dare label him a fool. Nigeria is not ready to sell NNPC now.

And finally, Atiku should go on self exile and never come back. Greedy thing!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by meromero11: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
aljharem:

Atiku is smiling and waiting for Nigerians to make the mistake of voting him into ASO Rock. He came from Senegal as a nomad and someone in Yola mistakingly harboured him as a son of the house. He was admitted into Nigerian schools and eventually bagged OND. Nigeria mistakingly allowed him to be enlisted into the Nigerian Customs where he looted and looted even in retirement he was still looting customs. He was mistakingly allowed to contest governorship but an extended mistake made him to become vice president of Nigeria. Then the great buy up of the National institutions under the guise of privatization started. He not only looted the nation, he robbed us completely.
Atiku by nature is corrupt and will steal everything dry. He is just waiting for the nation to make the final and last mistake - Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
Volksfuhrer:

Firstly, privatisation of nitel did not create millions of jobs, the telcos that gave nitel competition did!

Thirdly, you also claim many agencies are being "run by private companies abroad." But you fail to realise there are excellent institutions abroad that "oversee" all this; even then, there are still problematic externalities.

We are here in Nigeria where corruption is a beguiling monstrosity, and you dare suggest a strategic company like NNPC be sold! To whom exactly? Atiku's cronies? You bet. And who guarantees that the privatisation process is transparent? Saraki? You get the drift now!

I understand aljharem's fears, and you dare label him a fool. Nigeria is not ready to sell NNPC now.

Atiku should go on self exile and never come back. Greedy thing!
Another buhari apologist. Without privatizing nitel, could there have been the competition you mentioned? How much was the government making in the then corruption-striken nitel, compared to what they make now? The jobs created by the telecoms operators were a proceed of nitel's privatization. For your information, we are a vendor to the nnpc. We all know the massive fraud and corruption going on there 8n nnpc. I was at the muri okunola VI branch of their hospital 2 weeks ago. Ordinary injection, they didn't have. All their equipment had packed up. Someone, somewhere had collected the money meant for those stuffs and cleaned mouth. Nnpc must be privatized . Privatisation isnt the same as selling and that's where you guys got it wrong . The federal government still regulates it's affairs . Only operations and day to day running would be off their hands. Did you know how much the nnpc had made in the last 10 years and how much had been remitted into the federal govt purse? What of the scam called subsidy payment? Some Nigerians are just too myopic ,smh

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by aljharem(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hmmmm. Well it is on record again. A buhari is Farrrrr better than a former vice president that could not effect his change. Atiku is a way bigger theif than Buhari oooo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by meromero11: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
Volksfuhrer:

Bros, i support you 100%. The last juicy parastatal left outside Atiku's collection of dubious purchases is NNPC. He once said privately "that all he requires as president is just a day". A day to do what? A day to sign out the sale of NNPC to himself. Then after Nigerians can take back their useless presidency from him. This man needs NNPC more than he needed Nigerians. Who are Nigerians anyway? He has no known biological father nor mother nor sibblings that are Nigerians. He has no commitment to us. To him Nigeria is just an estate for purchase and he will buy it at any cost.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by lezan(m): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
What you people fail to understand that the company that metamorphosed from sale of nitel is not any of the telecoms we have now... I think it was mtel and what they are now I don’t know. The point is that mtn and the likes were foreign companies and they started afresh after the government issued them license to run...
So privatization has really not been effective in this part of the world... a good example... ‘NEPA’ by now we thought we would have electricity all over Nigeria but what have we... darkness and they yet collect bills monthly and government still funds them.
Privatization has always been scam and it won’t change now

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Bannylove13: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
meromero11:

Bros, i support you 100%. The last juicy parastatal left outside Atiku's collection of dubious purchases is NNPC. He once said privately "that all he requires as president is just a day". A day to do what? A day to sign out the sale of NNPC to himself. Then after Nigerians can take back their useless presidency from him. This man needs NNPC more than he needed Nigerians. Who are Nigerians anyway? He has no known biological father nor mother nor sibblings that are Nigerians. He has no commitment to us. To him Nigeria is just an estate for purchase and he will buy it at any cost.

Every other person fit make sense...

But yours na better trash..

Trashy trash.
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
meromero11:

Atiku and his crew are crooks on steroids. Thank God, Atiku showed his hand early. We now know his calamitous intent!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by nwanyionitsha: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
aljharem:

I pick Atiku. I didn't vote 2015,but i am voting 2019.My first vote in life.
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by nwanyionitsha: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
Volksfuhrer:

Privatization is the way to go.
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by nwanyionitsha: 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
meromero11:

Atiku is smiling and waiting for Nigerians to make the mistake of voting him into ASO Rock. He came from Senegal as a nomad and someone in Yola mistakingly harboured him as a son of the house. He was admitted into Nigerian schools and eventually bagged OND. Nigeria mistakingly allowed him to be enlisted into the Nigerian Customs where he looted and looted even in retirement he was still looting customs. He was mistakingly allowed to contest governorship but an extended mistake made him to become vice president of Nigeria. Then the great buy up of the National institutions under the guise of privatization started. He not only looted the nation, he robbed us completely.
Atiku by nature is corrupt and will steal everything dry. He is just waiting for the nation to make the final and last mistake - Presidency.
we are making that mistake. At least me i will make that mistake and vote Atiku.
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
@OP. Don't be afraid. Atiku died last year in Dubai and has been replace by Musa logomba from Mali. I hear Logomba na nice man so Nigeria should be okay in his hands. By the way, Peter Obi too is no more. He has been replaced by Didier Kalusha from Cameroon. Check Obi latest pictures to see his cheeks are rounder and he is shorter. So you see you have no worries as foreigners are now in control of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
nwanyionitsha:
we are making that mistake. At least me i will make that mistake and vote Atiku.

As long as you know you are voting for Musa Logomba the Atiku replacement from Mali. The real Atiku passed last year in Dubai. If you look well you will see Musa today has a six pack whereas Atiku of 2016 had a pot belly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
nwanyionitsha:
Privatization is the way to go.

Fraudulent privatisation a la Atiku is never the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
aljharem:
Hmmmm. Well it is on record again. A buhari is Farrrrr better than a former vice president that could not effect his change. Atiku is a way bigger theif than Buhari oooo

True talk!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by meromero11: 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
Bannylove13:

Every other person fit make sense...

But yours na better trash..

Trashy trash.

I no dey join issues with apako like you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by meromero11: 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oshigun:
@OP. Don't be afraid. Atiku died last year in Dubai and has been replace by Musa logomba from Mali. I hear Logomba na nice man so Nigeria should be okay in his hands. By the way, Peter Obi too is no more. He has been replaced by Didier Kalusha from Cameroon. Check Obi latest pictures to see his cheeks are rounder and he is shorter. So you see you have no worries as foreigners are now in control of Nigeria.

Quite hilarious grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
aljharem:

Don't tell me that PMB is an alternative because it is not.
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Igbokid: 8:51am On Nov 19, 2018
God forbid Atiku becomes our president

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by feddis(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2018
This politics of total condemnation of Atiku leads to no where.

Before Trump came into office, the world predicted him to be the worst American president judging from his past records.
But look at America today, with the lowest unemployment rate in the past 2 decades.
His economy growth cannot be over-emphasized. Except for the recent trend of sporadic killings by guns or knives. But still yet, the norm of killing blacks by police in America has deteriorated immensely. And with the current facts and statistics, he's one of America's best president except from his arrogance.

Back to Atiku,
He made several mistakes in the past, and admitted to not being perfect.
He has been unveiling his plans to a better Nigeria, yet not entirely perfect but way better than blind promises.
If Atiku believes an almost total privatization is the solution to Nigeria's economy, to some certain degree i believe he's right.
I visited the national stadium some months back, and I noticed the grasses that had engulfed the entire stadium and I was prompted to inquire why the management had refused to carry out such maintenance. But to my surprise, i was told the company involved had not been paid in almost 2 years.
This is a national asset sitting in the heart and capital of this nation but yet not managed as due.

Hence privatization, might not entirely be the ideal solution but might curb out many issues.
The UK and America economy is about 60% dependent on taxes.
If there were no private mega institutions in this nation, how will it be so dependent on taxes?
Most of the world's great economies depend on taxes from the private sectors.

Total privatization can't be possible in Nigeria, we all know that. So why must we be hypocritical about it because it involves Atiku?
If he intends to sell off 90% of the NNPC and allow the government retain just 10% of it, then i see no harm in it so long as the NNPC will now be able to solely determine the prices of petroleum products instead of the frequent fluctuations of prices by independent marketers.
I believe there are good positive growth to the ideas and proposals Atiku is tabling and offering Nigerians.

Buhari made vast promises about not selling off assets and clearing off our debts, but yet, look at Nigeria today, at a point where the CBN governor proposed selling off Ajakuta steel plant just to fund the 2019 budget after diving this nation into the worst external debt in Nigerian history of over $18.91 billion. It's totally preposterous.

So I believe Atiku means well for NIgeria having learnt and grown out of his past mistakes wherein.

Volksfuhrer:

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by feddis(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2018
I was actually laughing reading this.
So much jokes

meromero11:

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by feddis(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2018
This is 21st century, all this things can't happen without the legislative and executive approval.
Don't be a joke.

meromero11:

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by feddis(m): 10:08am On Nov 19, 2018
And Buhari is still alive i guess?
Your ignorance needs intense critical urgent attention.

Oshigun:

As long as you know you are voting for Musa Logomba the Atiku replacement from Mali. The real Atiku passed last year in Dubai. If you look well you will see Musa today has a six pack whereas Atiku of 2016 had a pot belly.
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by Modarun(m): 10:53am On Nov 19, 2018
They have come again, The “Buhari I Know”Crew. Ypu guys decieved Nigerians into believing Buhari would transform and change Nigerians for the better, Lol, we have seen your change. Its a good thing all your useless writevups wont get to the ordinary Nigeria on the streets of Lagos, Kano, PH and so on, to these people it is what they see, expereince the past 3 and half years thatvwould determine who they would vote. They slaughtered children because of Cows and the Fossil in Aso rock was justifying it, yet some of you are here posting rubish.

Nitel had less than 3500 workforce, that were paid in several billions ever year to maintain just about 500k phone lines. Imagine? 500,000 fone lines to service over 160million people. They unbundled it opened the market and now we have over 60million Nigerians with fone lines, the nunber of people employed directly by telcos alone is morethan 3500, not to mention those employed service companies the contract to service the telcos, how about the million of Nigerians making a living from the products of these telcos.? You guys are just dumb.
You say they should leave NNPC, what exactly has the been doing about fuel scarcity? They dont do anything, they dnt drill oil, they go into joint consetials with other company, seat in their office collect royalties while the Oil major make a killing.
Now the new song of the Buhari led Oli ministry is that Oil imports would end by 2019, what Nigerians dont realize os that the APC has hinged her hopes on Dangote refinery, they want to decieve Nigerians that it was them they will end the import of Crude oil products, when in actual facts they are hoping on Dangote Refinery.
None of the Refineries are working, but these marauders wants us to keep funding that useless Corporation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by feddis(m): 11:18am On Nov 19, 2018
When you look at the statistics of those supporting Buhari in Nigeria, you realize 70% are just uneducated and ignorant like himself, the remaining 30% are merely getting a piece of the national cake Buhari has been pretending to salvage from corrupt present and past opposition.

So the insanity they live in is clearly a hypocritical charade under the APC shelter that harbors them.
Re: Nigerians Worst Mistake Atiku by argon500: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2018
I do not have problem with privatising NNPC but the statement shouldn't have come from Atiku. What happened to the one he sold when he was vp.? He sold to his cronies and buy it later.

I have said it somewhere on this forum, not until we see presidential post as ceremonial rather channel the energy to elect credible candidates for HoR nationwide. Yes I mean HoR( They have power to amend, alterate any yeye clause in our constitution that's not making it work.
Who presidency epp?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophecy Confirmation: No Election Come February 16 - Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fuf / Bursted:-how Adams Oshimole Secured Buhari Victory In His Ward / Ndume Blows Hot As APC Adopts Lawan For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.