Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate (10873 Views)

People's Trust Olawepo Hashim Currently Trending On Twitter / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by bilms(m): 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
People's Trust Presidential candidate Olawepo-Hashim name running mate

Frontline Presidential Candidate, Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has chosen  statesman, Chief Arthur Nwankwo as his running mate, in a move aimed at locking in  South-Eastern votes in next year's presidential election.   

Olawepo-Hashim, who is  running on the platform of the People's Trust (PT), announced at the weekend that Nwankwo would bring his grasp of political economy   to bear in the shaping of public policy in the Hashim presidency, following rising projections on his chances of winning the polls.     

A statement signed by  spokesman of the Olawepo-Hashim  campaign, Hassan Ibrahim stressed that Nwankwo of the Fourth Dimensions Publisher's fame, was selected among a host of other contenders for his legendary commitment to the struggle for South-East integration, aside his popular fight for the freedom of Nigerian people.    

The statement noted that the pedigree of Nwankwo are consequential enough to complement Olawepo-Hashim's zeal towards "national unity, reconciliation and devolution of power".

Nwankwo, an Economist and former Chancellor of the Eastern Mandate Union (EMU), is reputed as a foremost nationalist, and protege of the late Chief Anthony Enahoro, who moved the motion for the Independence of Nigeria from colonial rule.                    

Equally a scourge of military rule,  Nwankwo was in the forefront of agitation for democracy in the 80s and the 90s, and was prolific with publications on democracy, good governance and anti-corruption. 

His choice as Olawepo-Hashim's running mate has been described as a perfect fit for the cerebral and issue oriented dispositions of his principal.  

A formal presentation of the running mate is said to be due any moment from now, especially as the Olawepo-Hashim's campaign prepares to hit the road.

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/11/peoples-trust-presidential-candidate.html?m=1
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Olutala(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ftc
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Earthquake2: 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Frontline Presidential Candidate, Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has chosen statesman, Chief Arthur Nwankwo as his running mate, in a move aimed at locking in South-Eastern votes in next year's presidential election.

This one is joking grin

10 Likes

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by femtex007(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Still not enough. U can do better
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by tamonokare: 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oga you never ready to thief our money. go join real political party if you really wan taste our money. That your party na for people wey never make up dia mind.

2 Likes

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by MrAJQ(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
Bad news for PDP.
2019 election results
ATIKU 45% of votes
PMB 36% of votes
Moghala 8%
Sowore 4%
Obe 7% of votes

All the votes will not be more than 4Million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by gift2xl: 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ok
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by ednut1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
These guys are increasing the cost of election and logistics. Parties shud be reduced to 5 max abeg. Person no fit win street go dey disturb us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by eDoctorr(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
I need to know if there is any hidden benefit for all these Candidates with 100% certainty of losing.

Is it not just a waste of time. They know quiet alright that they won't win. So what's their mission?

7 Likes

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Wahala90: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2018

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Richdad50(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
No matter how much Nairaland tries to sell this Hashim of a guy, he will not win his WARD

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Stocking: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
Earthquake2:

This one is joking grin
How is he joking? undecided undecided
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by NwaAmaikpe: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
shocked

We will continue to say No to vote splitters.

The people have spoken
Atiku and Obi are the people's choice.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Stocking: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Wahala90:
igbos are so easy to spot on Nairaland these days

2 Likes

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by amaniro: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
South East has become hot cake

4 Likes

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by LWFashion(f): 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Wwwnaijaitunesc:
Good luck bro
Are you sure you have a good No.13? You guys don't even know a thing about image. Jeez!

1 Like

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by icon007(m): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
He is unknown in Nigerian politics, campaigning under unknown party still engaging in unpopular combination!

1 Like

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by LWFashion(f): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
icon007:
He is unknown in Nigerian politics, campaigning under unknown party still engaging in unpopular combination!

Don't even know these guys!
Ever heard ?
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by AnanseK(m): 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Copied but very interesting. --
Yesterday I saw a news report on the fact that crisis is looming in Cross River as the traditional rulers in Cross River have insisted there cannot be an “Igbo King” in their domain. I remember a similar dispute about “Igbo King” in Akure, and the attrition between the Igbos living in Lagos and the Oba of Lagos.

Then I read an article about a very beautiful house on Bordillon street Ikoyi Lagos yesterday owned by a successful Igbo entrepreneur and in the comment, I read stuff like “we would soon own the whole of Lagos”. The comment thread on the article became an insult fest on the Yorubas.

Then I realize that Igbos are the most travelled Nigerians, settling in almost every corner of the nation building investments very far away from home (I have often wondered why they remain the most vociferous advocates for the dismembering of a vast nation that benefits their industry), yet almost every other Nigerian group find it difficult to settle in Igbo land; first to own land in Igbo land by non Igbo presents much obstacles.

Then I review Igbo politics from 1960 till today barring a few Nationalist like Zik, Dr. Okadigbo and co and you would see it has always been conflict with Nigeria and other Nigerians. No matter how others bend over and try to be accommodating, the attitude to others and their values never change.

Freely, the young ones insult and denigrate other Nigerians, even while living and prospering within their locale, yet any attempt at a response or a true analysis of relationships is met with allegations of hatred or bias and more insults. The TRUTH might be difficult to say but it’s the truth.

Go and listen to that Sardauna interview from long before a lot of us were born and tell me if his description is not accurate even today no matter how obnoxious it may sound. Igbo politics today is almost like they are the enemies of Nigeria and other Nigerians.

They oscillate between openly denigrating and advocating for the destruction of Nigeria in a fraudulent Biafra agitation to almost always standing with individuals who represent the worst this nation has seen in some weird spiteful manner. Even some who openly insulted their values they canonize out of spite.

It’s a phenomenon that has worried, annoyed and intrigued me as an individual who has met so many wonderful Igbo people. My children are half Igbo and I wonder where this hoard of very puerile, uncouth youth who keep alienating the Igbo generality from the rest of their Nigerian brothers come from.

You can abuse or insult me, which is the standard response to any form of analysis of the Igbo situation today, but in the meanwhile spare a few seconds to digest the facts I have presented and let wisdom set you on that thinking path.

No one can love anyone who openly expresses hatred to him. Who will take up the task of teaching this new generation how to love and respect others? Especially since the politics and attitude of disdain for others has not really been profitable to them in close to 60 years.

There are over 200 ethnic groups in Nigeria, it would be rich to come with the “they are jealous of us” mantra. If only you and you alone are in conflict with everyone else individually and collectively, check yourself and check your attitude towards others - Prince Bayo Ajagunna

7 Likes

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Ovofresh: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
What baffles me is that most of them know that they're not going to win o
icon007:
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by Born2Breed(f): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
What state is this man from?
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by fk001(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
It mustn't be APC or PDP please.

Let us try other parties
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by babzo(m): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
eDoctorr:
I need to know if there is any hidden benefit for all these Candidates with 100% certainty of losing.

Is it not just a waste of time. They know quiet alright that they won't win. So what's their mission?

INEC gives subsidy to all parties. I think 80 million for parties with presidential candidates....not sure exact figure.

1 Like

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by eDoctorr(m): 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
babzo:

INEC gives subsidy to all parties. I think 80 million for parties with presidential candidates....not sure exact figure.

Really? That's quiet encouraging though.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by sammyj: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ok
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by dynicks(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
amaniro:
South East has become hot cake
na them dey rush us now......politicians rushing into d east side for votes now like....

Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by ekaette1621: 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
he's just joking.only his starved family members will vote for him.
Um
Re: People's Trust Presidential Candidate Olawepo-hashim Name Running Mate by FBIL: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
AnanseK:
Copied but very interesting. --
Yesterday I saw a news report on the fact that crisis is looming in Cross River as the traditional rulers in Cross River have insisted there cannot be an “Igbo King” in their domain. I remember a similar dispute about “Igbo King” in Akure, and the attrition between the Igbos living in Lagos and the Oba of Lagos.

Then I read an article about a very beautiful house on Bordillon street Ikoyi Lagos yesterday owned by a successful Igbo entrepreneur and in the comment, I read stuff like “we would soon own the whole of Lagos”. The comment thread on the article became an insult fest on the Yorubas.

Then I realize that Igbos are the most travelled Nigerians, settling in almost every corner of the nation building investments very far away from home (I have often wondered why they remain the most vociferous advocates for the dismembering of a vast nation that benefits their industry), yet almost every other Nigerian group find it difficult to settle in Igbo land; first to own land in Igbo land by non Igbo presents much obstacles.

Then I review Igbo politics from 1960 till today barring a few Nationalist like Zik, Dr. Okadigbo and co and you would see it has always been conflict with Nigeria and other Nigerians. No matter how others bend over and try to be accommodating, the attitude to others and their values never change.

Freely, the young ones insult and denigrate other Nigerians, even while living and prospering within their locale, yet any attempt at a response or a true analysis of relationships is met with allegations of hatred or bias and more insults. The TRUTH might be difficult to say but it’s the truth.

Go and listen to that Sardauna interview from long before a lot of us were born and tell me if his description is not accurate even today no matter how obnoxious it may sound. Igbo politics today is almost like they are the enemies of Nigeria and other Nigerians.

They oscillate between openly denigrating and advocating for the destruction of Nigeria in a fraudulent Biafra agitation to almost always standing with individuals who represent the worst this nation has seen in some weird spiteful manner. Even some who openly insulted their values they canonize out of spite.

It’s a phenomenon that has worried, annoyed and intrigued me as an individual who has met so many wonderful Igbo people. My children are half Igbo and I wonder where this hoard of very puerile, uncouth youth who keep alienating the Igbo generality from the rest of their Nigerian brothers come from.

You can abuse or insult me, which is the standard response to any form of analysis of the Igbo situation today, but in the meanwhile spare a few seconds to digest the facts I have presented and let wisdom set you on that thinking path.

No one can love anyone who openly expresses hatred to him. Who will take up the task of teaching this new generation how to love and respect others? Especially since the politics and attitude of disdain for others has not really been profitable to them in close to 60 years.

There are over 200 ethnic groups in Nigeria, it would be rich to come with the “they are jealous of us” mantra. If only you and you alone are in conflict with everyone else individually and collectively, check yourself and check your attitude towards others - Prince Bayo Ajagunna
You worry your life to exhaustion about Igbos that don't care about you. Cross River and Ebonyi have boundaries; Rivers is half Igbo in LGA number; Akwaibom is mixed with some Arochukwu from Abia. The Igbos are against having a King outside the 5 core Igbo states and they wrote those states to not recognize such. Face Yoruba things and stop jumping from thread to thread stressing ur blood. Haa..!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Releases Hotlines To Report Any LASTMA Extortion And Harassment / 2023: Falalu Bello Says PRP Is Ready To Relegate APC, PDP, Others / Anambra Monarchs To Okwuosa: "APGA Destroying The State Daily, Save Us"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.