Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,348 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly (16220 Views)

How To Grow Quickly In Fish / Start Your Pig Farm Business With Pigs From HM Chariots Farms Command Ipaja / Do You Need Good Breed To Kick Start Your Pig Farming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2018
dfrost:

Guy don't confuse my brain this early morning. Be careful cheesy grin angry
grin grin grin
Re: 5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
Alejof:

Bro do you have any scientific proof to your assertion?
well same scienctists have said it is the best form of mean you can and should consume better than Chicken, beef turkey and what have you. If they say it is better it means the chicken you prefer or beef you prefer has side effects which pork doesn't have.

Pork is a good alternative to beef, because it is lean as well as low in fat (and lower in calories). It also has a number of important nutrients such as B6, B12, thiamine, and riboflavin. Pork also contains high amounts of other nutrients such as iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and protein.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly by Asco9ty5(f): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
it's practically blood money... Very lucrative but of course like every other business, you'll need to know what you re doing. Feeding them can be expensive if you do not know what you are doing and very cheap if you do know what you are doing. Some farmers grow cassava in the farms which when grown are turned to feed which is a very effective way to reduce cost. I have a friend who owns a piggery and he uses chicken feed growers to feed his pig. One small plastic bowl of that feed twice daily and that is it. If you see his pigs, very massive and all muscle less fat
Of course he adds a few supplements and a few other things to the chicken feed to bulk up. Even blood and bones from already killed pigs are used to make their feed(blood meal and bone meal). Like I said.. if you know what you are doing, you can spend very little of feed while selling at profit. They mature in just 6 months, give birth 2ice a year to about 10 to 15 piglets which can be sold in 6 months time for about 50-60k each. Do the maths and subtract feeding from the total sum. That's a whole lot of money. If you are lucky, find a butcher that sells pork or a cold room, most of them buy your entire stock once they have reached maturity.
Am into piggery and to the best of my knowledge most of the things you stated are exaggerated. You can't sell a 6 months pig at such outrageous prices.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2018
Asco9ty5:
Am into piggery and to the best of my knowledge most of the things you stated are exaggerated. You can't sell a 6 months pig at such outrageous prices.
pigs are sold based on size and weight here in Benin. It is not fixed rate thingy. I gave price based in how much the piggery I've bought from before sold to me around late last year. Also not all species are rated dsame. You can't expect to crowd your farm house with Tamworth breed(which is what most of you farmers breed in Nigeria) and expect to sell them at good prices. Breed a large white or a durok or a Berkshire or a large black and come back 6-7 months later and tell me if your earnings are still dsame. Butchers will begin booking all down before maturity. Also, where is your location? Is there High demand for pork? Places like Benin city, warri and a few other places have high demand and shortage of supply.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly by rankinduff: 3:09am On Dec 13, 2018
mature pigs for sale in calabar . serious buyer should call me
Re: 5 Ways To Make Your Pig Grow Quickly by onlyson16(m): 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2021
[quote author=INDUSTRIALFAN post=73100126] it's practically blood money... Very lucrative but of course like every other business, you'll need to know what you re doing. Feeding them can be expensive if you do not know what you are doing and very cheap if you do know what you are doing. Some farmers grow cassava in the farms which when grown are turned to feed which is a very effective way to reduce cost. I have a friend who owns a piggery and he uses chicken feed growers to feed his pig. One small plastic bowl of that feed twice daily and that is it. If you see his pigs, very massive and all muscle less fat
Of course he adds a few DID U READ ALL THIS FROM A NOVEL? PRACTIC IT BRO U WILL KNOW THAT PIG GIVE BIRTH 3 TIME EVERY YEAR. They mature in just 6 months, give birth 2ice a year to about 10 to 15 piglets which can be sold

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grasscutter Breeding Stock For Sale / Just arrived!! Driptapes(4000m) & Spraytubes (1000m)!! / Pig Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.