Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (99816 Views)

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / Share Your Worst Business Experience / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by clive2u(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
white paper, i've invested so much 100 nairas but e never yield yet. still investing though

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by sekundosekundo: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
A friend begged me to allow my shipper add some of his goods in a 40ft container.....it turned out that the items they added were all country Bound,.....container seized.....me arrested.....#10.3m down the drain.

I have never been shocked in my entire life than that period.

111 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by nonut: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
yettymuse:
I've never made a bad investment. I'm always hesitant in trying my cash on new business.. It's safe to say I'm not a risk taker lipsrsealed
You can never move past a certain level, if you don't take 'calculated' risks.
It's like trying to avoid an impending war, because of fear of injury or death.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by clive2u(m): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
sekundosekundo:
A friend begged me to allow my shipper add some of his goods in a 40ft container.....it turned out that the items they added were all country Bound,.....container seized.....me arrested.....#10.3m down the drain.

I have never been shocked in my entire life than that period.

rich people full here o
i feel rich already quoting u guys

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by okoroemeka(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
twlover:
Poultry Farming.

I invested approximately N12m in building a poultry for layers. Mistake I made was I buying 1 Acre of land which cost me N4M to fence, built Pen house with N3.5M,built a 5 bedroom farm house with about N3m, constructed a concrete scaffolding (with 2 standard rooms, one as store the other as Gen. House) to mount the water tanks for N1.5m

Having done all these, I struggled to get 600 layers, the rest is history.

I have put that property up for sale

Interested buyers are free to send me PM
that is a problem when your passion and emotion for agriculture drive you more than profits,you could have started small,2 plots,build pen for 2000 birds then start,you can do all with #6,000,000.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by spiritedtete: 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
Olalekank:

Indeed!
One million dollars is not a child's play. It would be well, greater heights.

I haven't reached up to a hundred thousand before but in the case of if you have a website you wanna build, you can contact me.
Thank you.

My brother... We are all equal forget about money now... My mentality and approach to money is different... I am not disperate too... The only thing that bit me everyday is how to better the people around me... This is my only worry and fear in life.

Otherwise personally there is nothing absolutely nothing in this world

On the 1m usd it was suppose to be a loan/share to a friend building a refinery... Which was supposedly a processing fee to secure bank guarantee from a foreign bank. But at last it was yahoo boys that was manipulating him...

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by oneluv11: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
1Ronaldo:
.Won't really call it business sha and also, am not d business kinda person...
I already contriburlted in the other thread.
And the lost wasn't too big cos I could do without it then...
Lost 50,000 naira from my account on betting on 2 odds... Over 1.5 man u vs sevilla first leg...
Next one was losing 40k last two weeks atletico Madrid vs Dortmund (gave Dortmund 2ahead)... This one was actually a rollover kinda money so wasn't as painful as d other one...

Tried selling my lenovo laptop to a friend for 80k.. He said he was gonna pay me in a weeks time but that I should first give him d system... Baba said system was stolen. Mum n dad said I should just leave him.

Modified: how can I forget Hernandez gaisha that duped me of 125,000 thousand last two months on fixed games.

I can give u 2odds every day.

just try me bro

99.9% sure

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by HardMirror(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
LoJ:

What scheme was that?
they called it mmm international. grin have lots of friends that got swindled of othe precious bit coin. A year after bitcoin rose from $700 to $19,000 they should have been patient instead of trying to bouble their bitcoin with mmm international

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by dwisedgreat: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
hmm... mine was so painful as it was a relative that scammed me..
he said he buys crud oil and resell..i believed him based on trust as we are related..
and i was housing this guy, feeding him, even give him money to send to his family as his wife just gave birth to their second child not knowing he is a criminal....after investing like 1.3m..the guy see sey money no dey my hand again..he did not stop there..he now result to blackmail...taking pix of my house and my car...i got the letter of to whom it may concern being address to where i work.....i almost died...to cut the long story shot...i had to involve the SARS and he was arrested after 3weeks of serous investigation, so his father promise to pay..the guy is lucky the we are related...please let be careful...i learnt the hard way.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by domainsales18: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hey Folks,

From last year when I started betting to this year, I have lost about N100,000 plus on virtual and sportbets via Bet9ja, Nairabet, Betking, Sportybet and Rsbet combined.

It has not been easy at all...Although, some people are making it by winning thousands and millions of Naira.

If I don't make any meaningful cash on betting before the end of December, I am gonna stop it.

Ciao!

18 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by chinedumoooo: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
ololadeking post
=73098620:

buhari, I lost everything
You sound hopeless and helpless.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Slimmacho: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Imagine!
This thread is having less than 5000 views, but if it's about all those yeyebrities or those tribal wars you call politics, you'll see a million views.
I can't imagine the kind of future Nigeria has with this kind of mentality in ppl.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Mmlanrehh(m): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Remember lossing my precious time and Money to plantain early this year. Tho I learned alot,am currently in hoping to have my own plan plantation anytime soon
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
oneluv11:

I can give u 2odds every day.

just try me bro

99.9% sure

I trust only myself in gambling business.
I have rolled 1k over to 79k and withdrew.
I have also rolled over 1k to 40k and lost.
I have used 18k to win 134k
And also used 50k to win nothing..
I have learnt the game, so it is not about you giving me 2odds...

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
Never start a business with loan especially a new one you have no first hand experience.

I obtained a loan of N300k (short term) to finance a long term project which really backfired that i had to pay back with the interest and still unable to execute the project proper.
But with proper and accurate preparation,calculative risk and high level of investment decision,i'm making my first million in few months time.

Never give up!!!

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by warripekin(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
27 million naira in a rice deal to bauchi state. it was all scam. Never get involved in a business in the middle of it or in a business you don't know. Do not be driven by greed.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by HardMirror(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
A foolish Ponzi Scheme called TIG (Trust in God) chop my 10k that year. This was way before MMM. The thing pain me ehn...

Thunder go fire whoever open that thing. The worst part na Deeper Life people introduce me to that scheme.
hehehe loj are you reading this?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by sandra50(f): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
spiritedtete:
Trusting and investing in people and their businesses

Lost 1 m USD
80m naira
30m
16m ... And the least goes on and on down to even 150k.

Never will I trust anyone with my money Never not even my Father (even when I know his is a good man)

This thread just brought the anger in me.

Awon oloriburuku!!!
Hope you will be able to trust your wife sha?you sound so pain.sorry about that.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Olalekank(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
spiritedtete:

My brother... We are all equal forget about money now... My mentality and approach to money is different... I am not disperate too... The only thing that bit me everyday is how to better the people around me... This is my only worry and fear in life.

Otherwise personally there is nothing absolutely nothing in this world

On the 1m usd it was suppose to be a loan/share to a friend building a refinery... Which was supposedly a processing fee to secure bank guarantee from a foreign bank. But at last it was yahoo boys that was manipulating him...
More reason why I keep criticizing this yahoo of a thing

Please make others life better. You can start from here, I need mentorship please

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Toks2008(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
Recharge card bulk sales business around 2010. Lost 600k cos I no just understand how it went. Profit I no see...capital I no see.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Loonyy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
MMM Oooooh Chai
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by oneluv11: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
1Ronaldo:

I trust only myself in gambling business. I have rolled 1k over to 79k and withdrew. I have also rolled over 1k to 40k and lost. I have used 18k to win 134k And also used 50k to win nothing.. I have learnt the game, so it is not about you giving me 2odds...
. na man u be

nice one bro

14 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Darkseid(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
One of the best threads that I've seen on Nairaland in a long while. I'm hoping to start a business real soon; still trying to get a good shop. I know taking calculated risks is part of business, but I'm definitely gonna be extra careful grin grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by oneluv11: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
1Ronaldo:

I trust only myself in gambling business. I have rolled 1k over to 79k and withdrew. I have also rolled over 1k to 40k and lost. I have used 18k to win 134k And also used 50k to win nothing.. I have learnt the game, so it is not about you giving me 2odds...
. na man u be

nice one bro

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by enjay1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
movetoca:
Oil Bunkering...I lost over 12m in one day. I will try again by the grace of God.
kpo-fire men.....riskiest biz one can try in naija! na wah o
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
Generalkorex:
I made money from redesigning blogger blog for people, I charge very low compared to what those big names charge, plus the one I made from my saving then,I was working as a teacher and do extra lesson too.l invested in liberty reserve earning Small Small from buying at I the rate of 160 and sell for 165/dollars.It was going smoothly,then a friend introduced me to a platform where you can transfer liberty reserve fund to payza acount and earn profit.it was making sense at first until i transfered 3k liberty reserve. and feu the company disappeared.the guy i was buying the liberty reserve from his hand said he saw it coming but his selfishness to sell his fund didnt allow him to caution me.My money, My brother's money all gone.

While I was still trying to track the website liberty reserve closed down cry

--------------------------------------------------------++++++
I bounced back made some money from Mtn magic sim then. I was selling magic Sims and also selling the guide.I was only 18 years then.I want to study abroad, I sold the blog for almost 100k,add some money from my savings to it only to lose d money to travel agent. The greatest mistake I made was selling my blog and some domain name.I almost cried writing this. Never made such money since then.I pray I bounce back. I have learned a lot sha.experience they say is the best teacher

I'm inspired by your story and trust me, you'll bounce back. The richest of a man is not in the amount of gold he has, but the richest in his mind.

I'm also running a site and i was doing so great until google new alogrithm hit me. I'm working more to bounce back to my feet.

Recently, I'm seeing great and fast improvement

Do you mind me contacting you?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by EchezonaI(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
A friend's new garri processing small scale company.
He couldn't start at all to produce...

N300k I invested gone from A to Z
embarassed embarassed embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ShenTeh(m): 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
Between my wife and I, lost over 12m in MMM.

Say what you like, but I have learnt my lessons.

2. My friend and I wanted to build a mini estate on a 6 full plot of land, based on speculation. Gave 2/3 the money for the purchase of the land to my friend. He was expected to add the 3rd and pay up. Kept in touch, did several trips, saw the land, secured it and had the plans drawn.

Two years later, the land was gone! Selling family told me, my friend payed for only ONE plot and never showed up with the balance. So, they have sold the land to someone else! We could come back by next week for the money we deposited!

My friend was there and sweating under a/c. Me, I couldn't breath properly. The land was already selling 3x the price we bought it 2 years ago.

We are still friends, but I am wiser.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Dollypizzle13(f): 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
Grupo:
Well, I have not lost much in terms of investment. Early this year, I lost about 44k in one bad crypocurrency investment. Although the money wasn't much, but it is still a loss.

I also lost another $159 to one of these American information marketers that litter YouTube. I had watched his videos on YouTube and he was making sense. Then I decided to pay for his course and it turned out to be rubbish.
wawuu. I'm a newbie in cryptocurrency and I learnt that you can never lose your money and that if you do you'd still gain the amount back if not double. Is that true? And have you earned your money back?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Gaspardd(m): 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
Crypto
Bought verge at 56sat with 1000k usd then rose to 35k usd
Was greedy and didnt pull out, now i have 900usd

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.