Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,051 members, 7,956,928 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? (18453 Views)

CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by domesifa(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2023
In the heat of the old Naira notes deadline, many of us became so desperate. A friend had to deposit N200, 000 with a POS operator who credited only N140, 000 in his account. N60, 000 went just like that

On my part, I had about N18, 500 left to deposit. I had a POS operator who had promised to help me deposit the money and credit my account. Till now, I'm yet to receive the credit even when the transaction was "successful" from his end

Now that the CBN has accepted the Supreme Court ruling on the continued use of the old notes, share your experience on how much you lost

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by factcheckmmm: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Why do they go back on this

Naira redesign

At naira land mod I have gone through most post of recent all I do see is threat by some groups concerning the election

My observation clearly have seen that none of these people has being ban for threat relating to election

Please help the people, anyone threatening anybody not to come out and vote should be ban till after the election

As for you all,go out there and vote.

Vote for your choice candidate without fear

Any state you find yourself, go out there and vote for who you want

12 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Gh
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Hemimarey: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Wetin won make me go meet POS operator when I fit generate code & enter bank go deposit am

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Skillsnigeria: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
grin hmmm
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Ladiesdream: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
5m
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by fola2222: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
The old 500/1000 note is as scarce as the new ones

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Tannhauser(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
grin

Lost exactly zero naira, all my funds are on US$, BP£

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by oliverano: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
8,234,869 Naira.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by seanwilliam(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
600 million

I need correct San to sue elemiefele

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by inoki247: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Lol from on the 10 I stop goin near the old note...

So I never used money to deposit money for once...
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
From all of us at [color=#006600][/color],

The below is for sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.......

God bless you all.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
KingMack:
#185k..used the money in purchasing household items wey no even reach 50k
This is seriously serious

seanwilliam:
600 million

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
N'a who get money dey exchange

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by SmartPolician: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Fortunately, I didn't lose any money.

In short, I have a different story. You see, First Bank paid me 20k in old notes some weeks back. Funnily enough, they refused to take the money back.

However, one madam in the branch advised me to hold on to the money that it would become legal tender soon. Well, I thought she was just saying that to make me feel good.

Days later, I decided to return the old cash. The night I tried to fill out the old note return form on CBN website network was acting up, so I couldn't do it. As a result, I decided to continue the next day.

That following day, I woke up in the morning to read news on Nairaland only to see the breaking news that the old 1k notes are now legal tender again. I was on cloud nine. 🕺🕺

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Word word

I own me a couple establishments so I didn’t lost nothing
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Dshocker(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Some part like satellite town POS agents were collecting 30% commission to deposit the money for you...

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Bfly: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Person wey no get money this period get peace of mind grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by ojun50(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
My experience be say i still dey alive. I thank God

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Axis313(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
I am here to read comments as I no even get any old note to return to bank.
Before Emefiele's madness start I don take my money to pos to credit my account,I only do transaction through transfer,my customers always do transfer to me after washing their vehicles.
Before na sterling bank,but the service is so poor,they will debit you,but to credit the payee,na war,very poor service,now na opay I dey use,that one service fast like mad,na sharp sharp debit and credit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Ishilove: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
Didn't lose a dime. I kept all my old notes because I knew we will still spend it. No where in the world can a currency be completely swapped in just three months and Nigeria, with her ancestral backwardness is not going to set a precedence by being the first

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by oliverano: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
seanwilliam:
600 million

I need correct San to sue elemiefele

Na why we dey hia, to read all the lies grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Meliziz: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
I wasted whooping 100k in this money saga.
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by Yungmil: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
I lost 2h to print cbn shit

I dey vex sef
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by KingMack(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
#185k..used the money in purchasing household items wey no even reach 50k

8 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by nkemjacob2(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
500#
Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bfly:
Person wey no get money get peace of mind
Rise up and WORK!!

Chisave:

As i collect 10k from atm yesterday. I just dey chop like weyrey, buy egg roll, buy suya, buy biscuit. Jist dey buy buy. Junks wey i chop yesterday pass the one wey i chop for the past 2 weeks combined
Haba, take am easy o.
E dey run belle.
Don't chop away your future o,
Chi SAVE!!!

Pun intended 😉 😉 😜

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by pocohantas(f): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
I won’t call it loss. I dashed it out to one woman on my street. It was about 8k.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
pocohantas:
I won’t call it loss. I dashed it out to one woman on my street.
God bless you for that Poco....
Our one and only Poco 💋

Ishilove:
Didn't lose a dime. I kept all my old notes because I knew we will still spend it. No where in the world can a currency be completely swapped in three months and Nigeria with her ancestral backwardness is not going to set a precedence by being the first
.....@the bolded,
Now, this is FAITH!
🙏

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scanfrost Opens First Modern Brand Shop In Lagos / First Bank: CBN Breaks Silence, Says No Individual Can Own The Bank / Ifeanyi Ubah Sues DSS, Seeks Release From Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.