Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping (3390 Views)

Bolu Okupe, Doyin Okupe's Hot Son, A Manchester Based Student / Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by redsun(m): 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
He was a dean and a professor too for that matter.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by proudly9ja(m): 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2010
redsun:

Is it not in nigeria that a dean of faculty of computer science could not operate a computer in a law court as a witness?Or was it just a rumor?
Hearing this story for the first time but what are you trying to imply?
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Beaf: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2010
redsun:

Is it not in nigeria that a dean of faculty of computer science could not operate a computer in a law court as a witness?Or was it just a rumor?

Damn! Please tell me thats a joke!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by redsun(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
proudly9ja:

Hearing this story for the first time but what are you trying to imply?

Just wondering why some people think it is a slight on the side of nigerian academicians for jonathan to solicit for foreign expertise.

Beaf:

Damn! Please tell me thats a joke!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

It was a crucial thread on this forum.You can solicit the help of notorious thread finders like sagamite to dig it out for you.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by proudly9ja(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^
Well in line with your arguement Jonathan himself must have issues. Afterall, he was a lecturer in the University too.

And just so before we leave that topic, its also in Nigeria that an English graduate cannot make a correct sentence in English and an Electrical Engineering graduate can also not tell the difference between a capacitor and a resistor.

Therefore, all of us who graduated from a Nigerian University must be piss poor!
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by otawa: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2010
And you all believe that it is GoodLuck that is actually replying to facebook

Nigerians never seize to amaze me.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by redsun(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
proudly9ja:

^^^
Well in line with your arguement Jonathan himself must have issues. Afterall, he was a lecturer in the University too.

And just so before we leave that topic, its also in Nigeria that an English graduate cannot make a correct sentence in English and an Electrical Engineering graduate can also not tell the difference between a capacitor and a resistor.

Therefore, all of us who graduated from a Nigerian University must be piss poor!

Of course education in nigeria is more of face value,it does not have the productive,resourceful,inquisitive,intuitive and evolutionary status that are naturally associated with education in the true sense of it,that is why we are still thinking and living like tribes men and women in the 21st century.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by buffox: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2010
I think it is right to give GJ or whoever operates that fb page the benefit of doubt that they are not techie people, and cannot immediately understand how mediocre what they are seeking is.

At some point, they would understand the details of what he wants to give them and throw it away - i hope.

How on earth can a phone without a GPS chip be tracked to a position of precision? Ajanle has gone through the details but me just think this man is just being a politician and it was supposed to be another[b] "GJ listens to the people's stunt' or "GJ is very accessible"![/b] Rubbish

Wait till 2012 and see if he is still on facebook or if he is still inviting people from scandinavia!
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Gayigaskia(m): 1:15am On Jul 27, 2010
This Jonathan is a clueless man, i hope he ain't joining the race for next President. This is a simple technology that existed for years.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Justcash(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2010
Gayigaskia:

This Jonathan is a clueless man, i hope he ain't  joining the race for next President. This is a simple technology that existed for years.

If Yar'adua was as "clueless" as Jonathan, we'd have been able to implement technologies that has been in existence for years but have not been implemented in Nigeria.
You better go and bury yourself cos' he is joining the race. I prefer a half Jonathan than a thousand Yar'aduas and IBBs.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Acidosis(m): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2010
otawa:

And you all believe that it is GoodLuck that is actually replying to facebook

Nigerians never seize to amaze me.
is he too big to do so?
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by hercules07: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2010
Jonathan is just clueless. I remember some years ago, we (ISPs and Telecoms) were invited by the NSA and the SSS to discuss Lawful Interception, vendors such as Siemens, Alcatel and Ericsson were also there with the IG (Ehindero) and other Service Chiefs. The SSS director spoke about how the system will effectively checkmate kidnapping ( Scary Fellow - Kayode Are) and how unsecure the networks of the GSM companies were. Siemens conceeded that Ericsson have expertise in the area, Ericsson made their representation saying that most of the facilities exist in the equipment being used by the Telcos and they just need to activate it (pay Kudi), the only bone of contention was who will pay for the transmission to the two controlling centers (Abuja and Lagos). ISPs were to intercept traffic as well based on certain criteria, the system was meant to be a pre-emptive one to nab criminals before they act. The legal framework was pursued and I believe (not certain) that the National Assembly passed a law on this. The man who was the arrow head for this initiative and who made sure that everybody was carried along was the National Security Adviser by the name of Gusau.
Jonathan has in his cabinet a man who can help solve this kidnapping problem; now is Gusau sabotaging Jonathan's effort (siddon look posture) or is Jonathan's default setting on his browser Facebook?
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by canuck(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
hercules07:

Jonathan is just clueless. I remember some years ago, we (ISPs and Telecoms) were invited by the NSA and the SSS to discuss Lawful Interception, vendors such as Siemens, Alcatel and Ericsson were also there with the IG (Ehindero) and other Service Chiefs. The SSS director spoke about how the system will effectively checkmate kidnapping ( Scary Fellow - Kayode Are) and how unsecure the networks of the GSM companies were. Siemens conceeded that Ericsson have expertise in the area, Ericsson made their representation saying that most of the facilities exist in the equipment being used by the Telcos and they just need to activate it (pay Kudi), the only bone of contention was who will pay for the transmission to the two controlling centers (Abuja and Lagos). ISPs were to intercept traffic as well based on certain criteria, the system was meant to be a pre-emptive one to nab criminals before they act. The legal framework was pursued and I believe (not certain) that the National Assembly passed a law on this. The man who was the arrow head for this initiative and who made sure that everybody was carried along was the National Security Adviser by the name of Gusau.
Jonathan has in his cabinet a man who can help solve this kidnapping problem; now is Gusau sabotaging Jonathan's effort (siddon look posture) or is Jonathan's default setting on his browser Facebook?

Insightful first-hand contribution!
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Beaf: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2010
hercules07:

Jonathan is just clueless. I remember some years ago, we (ISPs and Telecoms) were invited by the NSA and the SSS to discuss Lawful Interception, vendors such as Siemens, Alcatel and Ericsson were also there with the IG (Ehindero) and other Service Chiefs. The SSS director spoke about how the system will effectively checkmate kidnapping ( Scary Fellow - Kayode Are) and how unsecure the networks of the GSM companies were. Siemens conceeded that Ericsson have expertise in the area, Ericsson made their representation saying that most of the facilities exist in the equipment being used by the Telcos and they just need to activate it (pay Kudi), the only bone of contention was who will pay for the transmission to the two controlling centers (Abuja and Lagos). ISPs were to intercept traffic as well based on certain criteria, the system was meant to be a pre-emptive one to nab criminals before they act. [size=14pt]The legal framework was pursued and I believe (not certain) that the National Assembly passed a law on this[/size]. The man who was the arrow head for this initiative and who made sure that everybody was carried along was the National Security Adviser by the name of Gusau.

You need to check up on the legal framework before drawing your conclusions. Perhaps Dipo Daramola's solution side-steps the need for a legal framework, you need to consider that. If so, why beat a donkey that is going nowhere in some heavily laboured solution that requires legal changes?
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2010
What Constitution Change?
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by canuck(m): 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

In fact, what constitution?? cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Beaf: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
My error, its been edited.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=485443.msg6455596#msg6455596

AjanleKoko:

How about 100%

The real kidnappers are probably the ones going about arresting innocents. undecided

Someone in one of the telcos was telling me about the Abia kidnappings. The call traces revealed calls back and forth between the kidnappers and some other parties in Uyo.
When the telco gave the info to the cops, they were told to 'get lost and mind their business'. Forget all that noise in the papers about GSM companies causing kidnapping. These guys are reprobates and pathological liars.

Check and see, you'll find vulcanizers, roadside mechanics,food sellers, traders etc, being paraded as 'kidnappers'.

Bas.t.ard Police angry
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by naso2(m): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2010
redsun:

For where? ABEG NA LIE.
Must you make a claim like this to drive your point home?
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2010
hercules07:

somebody should get this across to jonathan on his facebook page since he listen better there.nice idea atleast better than that puppet one.
Re: Jonathan To Invite Finland-based Student To Help Fight Kidnapping by omamokta: 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
Very soon he will join Nairaland for more info smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seized Arms: Nigeria Calls Off Football Friendly With Iran / Why Do Cameroun Hates Nigeria This Much? / How I Was Arrested-Alamieyeseigha.‎​OBJ Blurted Out: “Hold Him O, Hold Him O!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.