Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! (1612 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic / US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by wales(m): 6:21am On Jul 26, 2010
The increasing incidence of kidnapping and armed robbery would be reduced to minimum if the police are given sophisticated weapons and other logistics to curtail the activities of criminals in the country, the Ondo State Commissioner of Police, Ballah Magaji Nasarawa said at the weekend in Owo at the official presentation of two patrol vehicles by a Labour Party politician, Olufemi Adekanmbi.

Mr Nasarawa, who was represented at the occasion by the Area Commander, Owo Division, Sanusi Buba, said police could not tackle the menace of armed robbers without the support citizens and corporate organizations. He commended Mr Adekanmbi for his gesture, and asked other Nigerians to follow suit. While presenting the keys of the two vehicles, Mr Adekanmbi, who aspires to represent Owo/Ose Constituency at the House of Representatives, said he donated the vehicles to the police in order to enhance their battle against crime.

"I didn't donate the vehicle because I want to contest for election, but this is my own contribution towards waging war against criminals," said Mr Adekanmbi. "The vehicles will go a long way in assisting the police to patrol criminals' hideouts. I have to appreciate the police for the role they played in securing the release of my mother's neighbour. They did everything to make sure that the woman was released without paying any dime to the kidnappers." He also advised federal and state governments to create more jobs so that criminal acts and other social vices will be reduced to the barest minimum and commended Governor Olusegun Mimiko for providing 500 bullet proofs jacket for the state police command

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5598535-147/politician_donates_vehicles_to_police_.csp

Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by deribigbe(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
THESE PEOPLE NA " O TA AJE " " ENEMY OF PROGRESS " ask them where are those " TOYOTA HILUX " they don spiol am dey dont know how to use car na " OKADA FIT THEM " tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by GoldCircle: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2010
Good job Mr. Politician. If this is your own version of CSR or giving back to the society. . . grin grin
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by matiltomd(f): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
GoldCircle:

Good job Mr. Politician. If this is your own version of CSR or giving back to the society. . . grin grin

Naija! Can we ever be pleased? Lol. Ulterior motives or not,he helped them didn't he? grin grin
"Scratch my back,I scratch yours"
grin grin
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nigeria politicians are not all that trustworthy. . . Abeg this one get hidden agenda for mind jo.sooner or later,police would deploy over 200 mopol to him as soon as election approaches.
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by marketplace(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nice one but hope not in their own interest?
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by oluagness(m): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
Good job but I want to believe this man is not bribing police, abi?
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by CGKing(m): 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
O boy check am well well, u may not see now, he give two hilux with left hand come collect 3 hummers with the right. Check am.
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by hackney(m): 12:45am On Jul 27, 2010
Nigerian politicians ; i dont trust them, i dont like them.
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by 9jafreak: 7:52am On Jul 27, 2010
What can 2 Cars do?
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by shinaidowu: 7:58am On Jul 27, 2010
If you want to change the world, you must start from your own little corner.lol
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by Acidosis(m): 8:09am On Jul 27, 2010
9jafreak:

What can 2 Cars do?
ask google
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by exago(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2010
While in Aba the Police is asking the banks to Provide equipments for them to fight crime.
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by Ranoscky(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2010
I give doz cars 1 month after, e go be lyk danfo wey agboro dey take do public transport!
Re: Politician Donates Vehicles To Police ! by bolseas(f): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2010
One of the reasons why Jega asked the new RECs not to collect cash/gifts frm state governors etc is because they will not work or deliver with all honesty.

perhaps the politician is being sincere with this gesture bt nigerian politicians are notorious for "pouring water on ground to match on cold ground" (it is a yoruba adage)

(1) (Reply)

Jega Should Be Fired. Ddc Machines Are Substandard. / There Has Been NO Revolution In Egypt / Breaking News: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.