Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' (28051 Views)

Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze: I'm paying my tithes and is still working for me / D’banj To Daddy Freeze: "I Pay My Tithes” - Singer Tells OAP At Omotola At 40 / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by coolcentbigman(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
I give as my spirit leads some churches will even go to the extent of telling you without paying your tithes you won't make heaven but if you ask them to explain further they quote the old testaments but never emphasize on the new testaments.
Please am not against the issue of tithes.

Why do you give to the church do you give because people say so my dear you are just giving for Nothing?

When Jesus came he put an end to most the law, he also spoke abt the old widow and the rich men seed telling us the widow gave from her lack but the rich gave from their abundance.

Somewhat I'm saying in excess is what's your purpose of giving to God, is it to Impress people or Honestly sacrifice something to God. Your offering must not be money it can be leaving all your bad characters or what you value most.
What does your Spirit tell you, remember Christ didn't leave us alone he gave us the minister/adviser our inner man follow his instructions.

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by farem: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
NaijaCelebrity:
''I give my tithes to the needy,they need it more than the church'' – John Dumelo reveals

Celebrated Ghanaian actor John Dumelo has revealed to the public what he does with his tithe money.

According to the famed actor he gives his tithe to the needy as they need it more than the church.

He made this claim on Twitter on Sunday morning.

Tithing In Christianity has always been a controversy topic. As some people believes in tithing others frowns on the act.

If you have read your Bible very well, you would have known that biblically you should give to the needy.
Mere fact that you cannot afford to give more than 10% of your income out shouldn't be an excuse to run down the tithing.
A lot more tithers are giving far more than you are boasting to the needy after their tithes.

Source: https://nollyzone.com/i-give-my-tithes-to-the-needythey-need-it-more-than-the-church-john-dumelo-reveals/
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Sleekfingers: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Tithing na big business for naija o...
See as the way churches are springing up in Nigeria...because they know that many morons are in Nigeria....

The poor give ...the pastor collect and get rich...and they still praise them...calling them Mummy and daddy.....dem mumu no get part two....

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by mrvitalis(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Edgarated:
I'm tired of this tithe issue stuff.
if you are tithing, continue.
if you are not tithing, hmm...,
if you are tithing to church continue.
If you feel tithing to church is not cool but rather using the money to help the needy..hmmm...
The bible made it clear...Malachi 3:10

--------------
Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in London or the Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396
Deuteronomy gave a more expensive explanations on tite but u left it for a verse

But wait oh are you not a Christian ? ...

What did Jesus say about tithing... Nothing

So it's not important
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by balanceofterror1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Jakumo:
This actor is a kind and generous man who is wise with his money.

He sees no sense at all in giving money to some fast-talking miracle pastor who flies with his fat greedy and selfish wife aboard a private jet, to Paris or Dubai for shopping sprees.

Rather than waste his money on deceitful pastors who sell bogus backstage passes to meet Jeeeesus in Heaven, this gentleman quietly helps out the poor, to the best of his ability.

The man pictured above is a good man, with a heart of gold, but he is NOT a gullible person who wastes his cash trying to buy a seat beside Jeeesus in Heaven.

Christians who think they can BUY their way into heaven, are no better than Muslims who expect to enjoy the attentions of 72 virgins in paradise, in reward for murdering non-Muslims. Both stripes of gullible sheep are equally brain-dead, and should be given a wide berth of avoidance, by all who are blessed with common sense.

When I was a child, I reason like a child.

bluefilm:
Dumelo nwanne, God will surely continue to bless your hustle for saying the truth.

What is the truth?

hahn:

Picture of you giving your tithe to god please smiley

Picture of him giving to the poor nko?

Stallione:
Supported,the needy needs dat money more than anybody oo

There's provision for the needy in the bible.

The bible is not silent on how the poor around us should be treated.

Giving your tithe to the poor is like using your house rent to pay school fees.

God is God of principle and the greatest givers are tithers. Show me a Christian who pays h/her tithe and I will show you a Christian who cares for the poor.

I am yet to see a Christian that becomes richer by not paying his tithe or become poor for paying his tithe.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by mrvitalis(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
easyfem:
I'm confuse over it too .....

On a norms , its should be given to the poor people but I got to follow what creator said

What did the creator say

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by clemmonce(m): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
naijjaman:

Me too. I stopped tithing and now give money to the needy through my foundation named after my loving mother.
Over 50 families have benefited from my foundation, including a couple of people here on Nairaland and I am happy.

The truth is that most Churches and pastors are corrupt and out of touch with the people they are meant to protect and care for.

I am still a Christian and I am actually ready to go hell for giving to the needy and not promoting the negative and adulterous lifestyles of the pastors is the main reason.

Ask yourselves this hard question: why is it that 5 out 10 richest pastors in the world are Nigerians?
Let me ask you some simple question
1. When you need to hear to word of God where do you go ?? The needy or your church ??
2. When you need prayers where do you go to
3. What if you come to church one day and you were told there is no sit and you need to sit on the floor or you find the church flooded what will you do ??
4. What if you come to church one day and you could hardly hear the pastor because the microphone is bad.
Here is the truth , if you want to help the needy help them , dont use Peter to pay Paul...

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by abbey621(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
balanceofterror1:

When I was a child, I reason like a child.

What is the truth?

Picture of him giving to the poor nko?

God is God of principle and the greatest givers are tithers. Show me a Christian who pays h/her tithe and I will show you a Christian who cares for the poor.

I am yet to see a Christian that becomes richer by not paying his tithe or become poor for paying his tithe.

What you just wrote is false especially the bold part! We have many Christians that are strong tithers yet they can't afford to send their children to private schools. We have many tithers here abroad that are living paycheck to paycheck, once they lose their job they start depending on welfare checks from the government. Paying tithe does not make any economical sense if you are struggling, there's no way you can ask someone making 1m per year to drop 100k as tithe knowing he'll pay house rent 500k, he'll pay school fees for his children, transport, he'll feed and so on, it's just plain WICKED!

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Prophetpeter(m): 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
NaijaCelebrity:
''I give my tithes to the needy,they need it more than the church'' – John Dumelo reveals

Celebrated Ghanaian actor John Dumelo has revealed to the public what he does with his tithe money.

According to the famed actor he gives his tithe to the needy as they need it more than the church.

He made this claim on Twitter on Sunday morning.

Tithing In Christianity has always been a controversy topic. As some people believes in tithing others frowns on the act.

Source: https://nollyzone.com/i-give-my-tithes-to-the-needythey-need-it-more-than-the-church-john-dumelo-reveals/
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Charly68: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
First class ignorant ...I give my tithe to the needy ,they need it more than the church...so it is the need that preaches the gospel in villages ,organizes crusades & send missionaries to spread the gospel ?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

If every one of the congregation decides to give their tithes to the beggars in the community, how do you take care of the following?

1. maintenance of the church
2. payment of workers in the church
3. payment of bills

Meanwhile my focus is not on this so-called new generational churches, so you don't look at my view in a different perspective. And to answer your question, church is not the building. The congregations are the church, but we are talking about the building and infrastructures.

What happened to offerings and other free will donations?

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by afonjabreed(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
clemmonce:
Let me ask you some simple question
1. When you need to hear to word of God where do you go ?? The needy or your church ??
2. When you need prayers where do you go to
3. What if you come to church one day and you were told there is no sit and you need to sit on the floor or you find the church flooded what will you do ??
4. What if you come to church one day and you could hardly hear the pastor because the microphone is bad.
Here is the truth , if you want to help the needy help them , dont use Peter to pay Paul...
then what is the offering,seed of blessing and thanksgiving meant for ,Tithe is not used in church infrastructure

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2018
orukonla:
so the bible that said it should be giving to God by paying it in church is stupid

The Bible didnt say people should pay tithe in the church. U guys should learn and read ur bibles

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
praizblog:
Its wrong bro

Nope, He is right,

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Eberex(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
afonjabreed:
TITHING FOR
ORPHANS, WIDOWS,
AND SOJOURNERS
(DEUT. 14:28–29)
At the end of every three years
you shall bring out all the tithe
of your produce in the same
year and lay it up within your
towns. And the Levite, because
he has no portion or
inheritance with you, and the
sojourner, the fatherless, and
the widow, who are within your
towns, shall come and eat and
be filled, that the Lord your
God may bless you in all the
work of your hands that you
do.

who are the Levites of our days?
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Edgarated:
I'm tired of this tithe issue stuff.
if you are tithing, continue.
if you are not tithing, hmm...,
if you are tithing to church continue.
If you feel tithing to church is not cool but rather using the money to help the needy..hmmm...
The bible made it clear...Malachi 3:10

--------------
Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in London or the Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396

Stop reading only malachi 3 vs 12.

Also read

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Polchiz(m): 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

How come you don't find anything wrong in people giving offerings, donations and seed sowing to the church buy you are against tithe? Does that even make sense? No be the same priests and pastors all of them dey go to? Don't you know that a lot of people give more than ten percent of their wage as donations?? You are against someone giving ten percent as tithe but you're OK with that person giving even more as donations? Where is the logic there??
You are the illogical person here. You claimed that tithe money is crucial because it is meant for church developedment, maintenance of church infrastructure and payment of church workers' salary
I then asked you a simple question and you started talking from both sides of your mouth and went further to accuse me of preaching against tithe.
My worry is that the zeal with which the Pentecostal church defends tithe if this same zeal is channeled towards evangelization and preaching repentance; the kingdom of God will be seriously advanced on earth.
I am yet to understand why we frown at other laws in the old testament but singled out tithing for preservation and practice.
Why are we making mockery of the sacrifice of Christ Jesus on the cross?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
oruma19:
AS A CHRISTIAN, IT IS WRONG TO PAY TITHE. GIVE MONEY NO MATTER WHAT PERCENTAGE TO THOSE IN NEED ESPECIALLY THOSE IN THE HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH, NOT ONLY PASTORS. I GIVE PASTORS MONEY BUT I DONT CALL IT TITHE. I ALSO HELP THE NEEDY AS MY SPIRIT LEADS.

U are spreading falsehood.

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 n correct ur ignorance.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?

stop deceiving ur self.

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 n clear ur ignorance.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Edgarated(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
mmadu5:
shut up your fuking mouth confused animal

if e pain you. hug transformer biko.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by oruma19: 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
u have come now oooo. if not for the fact that u are a criminal, why didnt u quote deuteronomy 14:20 -24. criminal. u jumped the real people who should use tithe and went to vs 28. ole kii u there. if they find out now, u are one of the yahooboy pastors..tuehh
PrecisionFx:

U are spreading falsehood.

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28 n correct ur ignorance.
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
Giving to the poor is not a bad thing but the Bible's instruction is clear. What the church does with it is none of your business. Besides if you aare attending a church where you feel they don't need your tithe, why then are you attending that church?

Apart from the fact that the emboldened is a scriptural falsehood, it is also morally skewed and logically idiotic. In many civilized countries, churches have to publish financial statements and annual financial reports accounting for every cent received by the church and how it is spent. The clergy certainly has to be accountable to the people. To say that it is not your business what the church does with your money is absurd. You must be a fraudster.

3 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Polchiz(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2018
Charly68:
First class ignorant ...I give my tithe to the needy ,they need it more than the church...so it is the need that preaches the gospel in villages ,organizes crusades & send missionaries to spread the gospel ?
STOP this propaganda. The church still ask the congregation to make special contribution and donations for these activities you enumerated.
Some pastors are also placed on salaries and the money for that purpose still does not come from tithe.

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by DBestDoc(f): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

How come you don't find anything wrong in people giving offerings, donations and seed sowing to the church buy you are against tithe? Does that even make sense? No be the same priests and pastors all of them dey go to? Don't you know that a lot of people give more than ten percent of their wage as donations?? You are against someone giving ten percent as tithe but you're OK with that person giving even more as donations? Where is the logic there??

He's against tithing because it's unChristian and unscriptural

The early christians never paid tithes rather, they gave offerings and donations to take care of their needs. The rich amongst them sold their properties and shared the proceeds with the poor brethrens.

People gave donations to move the kingdom business forward, no tithes were paid or received by Jesus, the disciples or the early christians whom we should model after.

Giving is supposed to be done willingly and cheerfully. You all put a 10% tag just to defraud people and drag God into your madness.

Ignorance is not an excuse. If you cannot read the Bible and know God for yourself, then i'm sorry for you.

Some people even say, you pay tithe and whatever the church uses the money for is not your business. Very foolish and wicked set of people, they all have aged parents and relatives in the village struggling to feed.

Keep deceiving yourselves.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
LeonOgu:
Giving your tithes to the poor is a misplaced priority. Do not be crafty in things of God, your tithes belong to the church no the poor and that you pay your tithe doesn't stop you from helping the poor. Greedy is unarguably the root cause of tithes controversy. I don't care if it's old or New Testament, just that the word of God can not broken.

It is not the "word of God". It was Hebrew law thousands of years ago. You are not Hebrew. Your pastors are not Levites. Modern Jews don't even pay tithes because there is no Levitical order in modern Judaism. They simply give money for philanthropic ends. It's only a bunch of black-ass niggas in Africa who love to stress on an ancient Judaic law that has nothing to do with them because their pastors spend every Sunday brainwashing them about tithes.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
Where in the Bible did God ask us to pay tithes to churches or pastors?

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by NumbEmotions(m): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
Well thats alms giving ...can't be tithing ...You simply do not tithe period!
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by princfred(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:
People attend church not because the church needs their tithe but for spiritual upliftment.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by donbenie(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
orukonla:
so the bible that said it should be giving to God by paying it in church is stupid
Where exactly was Church and Tithe mentioned in the same verse in the Bible? shocked
Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by DBestDoc(f): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eberex:

Your statement in bold just got me so weak and almost in tears.

I feel so bad right now that you'd marry a woman and father children with this reasoning of yours. How you'd be able to make decent, intelligible and responsible decisions for your wife, children and your home is what i'm concerned about right now.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
balanceofterror1:

A foolish analogy in the emboldened. Neither Jesus Christ, nor his apostles and disciples, nor the early Christians solicited tithes. Infact, the rich young ruler that came to Jesus for counsel on the path to salvation, he was told to sell all he had and give to the poor and follow him. Note that he didn't mention anything about giving to the temple. He explicitly told him to give all that he has to the poor. Clearly, according to the teachings of the Bible, Christ valued the poor far above ancient Jewish laws that fraudulent pastors peddle to their gullible sheep.

Majority of Nigerians would rather give their money to the church than the poor and desperate because they see their tithing like an MMM investment: sowing to reap. And their pastors stress this message telling them about all the abundant blessings that would rain down on them if they are faithful in their tithing and other giving to the church. The charity matters less in the estimation of the tithers than the delusion that they are buying their salvation. You'd see someone that would faithfully pay 10% of his salary every month to the church but wouldn't even spare the change in his pocket to a beggar. Such a person is not driven by charity. He's driven by greed. Is it any wonder that even Yahoo boys pay tithes? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Omotola Shares Throwback Pics Of Her Kids To Celebrate Children's Day / Photo Of Uche Ogbodo And Her Daughter / Tastebuds Benedicta Elechi Celebrates Her 40th Birthday With Dinner Party (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.