Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

What Business Can 800k Do? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can 800k Do? (613 Views)

Which Business Can I Start With 800k / Which Business Can I Start With 800k That Will Yield Immediate Profit / What Business Can Yield 1million Naira Profit Every Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can 800k Do? by Asiri1991: 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
I've been a teacher in a private school since 2017. I have denied myself many life pleasures to save 800k. I'm planning to quit my job at the end of the term. I have friends who suggested phone accessories as an option. Another good friend of mine suggested the sell of movie cassettes. Personally, I thought of hair and cosmetics or shoes. On the market survey I made here in Port Harcourt, I realized that the two suggested to me by friends are good options. My major concern now is that the set of musical equipment needed for the cassette shop will take up to 150k out of the money before shop rent which is likely pegged at 360k. Again, the cassette business seems to have cable stations as a setback because many people have them at home. Phone accessories on the other hand, need frequent design update, and each design becomes obsolete with time. Truly, I don't mind giving any of the last two a trier because of their daily turnover.

Your candid advice is needed here please.
Re: What Business Can 800k Do? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
I'll advise you to invest in agriculture. The reason is that it allows you to have eggs in several baskets. You don't have to quit your job. If you're diligent enough, you can keep teaching and working a livestock business. It's incredibly lucrative. Poultry, piggery, snail-farming and fish-farming, but poultry especially.

First, you need to find out how much people market livestock in wholesale in your area. Then visit restaurants, eatries, frozen meat shops and big shopping malls and try to enlist as a livestock supplier. You can offer to market at a few tens of naira lower than others.

You'll need to get an adequate space where you'll set up ponds and cages, which when you calculate the cost of infrastructure and equipment may total up to 360K.

Then you purchase a starting number of day-old chicks, say 100, don't start with a large number. Get the species that mature for sale in 6 weeks. I don't really know how the other animals are bought, but you can find out.

Check the cost of feed and weekly vaccinations.

Draw a schedule that allows you to tender to the animals in the mornings and evenings, when your work won't be affected. You can also hire a worker to take care of things when you're not available and sell the animals in retail when you're at work.

That's what I would do with 800Gees.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can 800k Do? by OgbeniSamm(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
computergeek:
I'll advise you to invest in agriculture. The reason is that it allows you to have eggs in several baskets. You don't have to quit your job. If you're diligent enough, you can keep teaching and working a livestock business. It's incredibly lucrative. Poultry, piggery, snail-farming and fish-farming, but poultry especially.

First, you need to find out how much people market livestock in wholesale in your area. Then visit restaurants, eatries, frozen meat shops and big shopping malls and try to enlist as a livestock supplier. You can offer to market at a few tens of naira lower than others.

You'll need to get an adequate space where you'll set up ponds and cages, which when you calculate the cost of infrastructure and equipment may total up to 360K.

Then you purchase a starting number of day-old chicks, say 100, don't start with a large number. Get the species that mature for sale in 6 weeks. I don't really know how the other animals are bought, but you can find out.

Draw a schedule that allows you to tender to the animals in the mornings and evenings, when your work won't be affected. You can also hire a worker to take care of things when you're not available and sell the animals in retail when you're at work.

Go with this advice. But you can as well compare crop farming

2 Likes

Re: What Business Can 800k Do? by OgbeniSamm(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Join this WhatsApp group for more business ideas. https:///Dcj828Q2IsKGs1FIvkrN7N
Re: What Business Can 800k Do? by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
BROS YOU DON'T NEED TO RESIGN NOW, GIVE YOUR SELF 8 MORE MONTH FROM NOW JUST AS I HAVE ALSO PLANED, INVEST N300K INTO PALM OIL STORAGE, THEN SELL WHEN THE PRICE HAS RISEN HIGH EG, THIS PERIOD, THEN AFTER SELLING YOU MAY NOW CHOOSE IF TO RESIGN OR REMAIN, WITH THAT AMOUNT, YOU CAN KEEP 2,500 CAT FISHES.
Re: What Business Can 800k Do? by Asiri1991: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
computergeek:

Good bless you for the good suggestions. I appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can 800k Do? by Asiri1991: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
BROS YOU DON'T NEED TO RESIGN NOW, GIVE YOUR SELF 8 MORE MONTH FROM NOW JUST AS I HAVE ALSO PLANED, INVEST N300K INTO PALM OIL STORAGE, THEN SELL WHEN THE PRICE HAS RISEN HIGH EG, THIS PERIOD, THEN AFTER SELLING YOU MAY NOW CHOOSE IF TO RESIGN OR REMAIN, WITH THAT AMOUNT, YOU CAN KEEP 2,500 CAT FISHES.

Thank you so much.
Re: What Business Can 800k Do? by Asiri1991: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
OgbeniSamm:

Go with this advice. But you can as well compare crop farming

Thank you so much.

(1) (Reply)

Easy Ways To Buy Bitcoin Without ID Verification In Nigeria In Minutes / Access Bank, Diamond Bank REMOVE N65 ATM Charges / How To Digitize Your Cooperatives, Microfinance And Thrift Collection With Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.