Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,517 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? (466 Views)

Obaseki Extends Olive Branch To Oshiomhole, Ize-iyamu; Says Fight Is Over / Yahaya Kwande: Buhari’s Corruption Fight Is ‘Nonsense’ / Nigeria Slightly Improves On Corruption Fight; Ranks 144th – Transparency Intern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 20, 2018
There's no doubt that corruption has had its own beneficiaries, however if compared with the damage that it had done to the nation as a whole, then there no way a better future for Nigeria could be proposed without a determined plan to get rid of corruption being central to it all!

I know it's definitely hard times now, but i'm just hoping we are not completely blinded by it that we begin to think that just any other thing would be a better solution to the present hardship, for just that we've not tried out something else doesn't mean that it's worth the risk, and that it won't lead to a far worse situation than we already have!

Despite the many complications of the present fight against corruption, I don't think it would be very wise to let it fail, for if it fails now when would it succeed?

I can tell you with all certainly that that would be it with respect to any fight against corruption at least for the foreseeable future, as it would be hard for any one else to take up the fight, fully knowing that at the end it would not see light of day because Nigerians would give up on it and not give it the backing it warrants for it to succeed, and hence would let the few beneficiaries of corruption succeed.

I wish there was a someone else of the anti-corruption profile of the present leader of the nation or even better, who has a chance of winning, so that Nigerians would even have a credible alternative in this respect. So that even if he loses, the fight against corruption would yet emerge victorious, as it would not be halted by the result but would continue full steam.

But unfortunately that's not the case, so I hope Nigerians would be wise and not let the anti-corruption fight lose now, if not for anything else, for our children and those yet unborn. Because it would be the worst legacy we could ever hand over to them.

Hence the anti-corruption fight is clearly now or never!
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 20, 2018
Our children?
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2018
jesusjnr:
There's no doubt that corruption has had its own beneficiaries, however if compared with the damage that it had done to the nation as a whole, then there no way a better future for Nigeria could be proposed without a determined plan to get rid of corruption being central to it all!

I know it's definitely hard times now, but i'm just hoping we are not completely blinded by it that we begin to think that just any other thing would be a better solution to the present hardship, for just that we've not tried out something else doesn't mean that it's worth the risk, and that it won't lead to a far worse situation than we already have!

Despite the many complications of the present fight against corruption, I don't think it would be very wise to let it fail, for if it fails now when would it succeed?

I can tell you with all certainly that that would be it with respect to any fight against corruption at least for the foreseeable future, as it would be hard for any one else to take up the fight, fully knowing that at the end it would not see light of day because Nigerians would give up on it and not give it the backing it warrants for it to succeed, and hence would let the few beneficiaries of corruption succeed.

I wish there was a someone else of the anti-corruption profile of the present leader of the nation or even better, who has a chance of winning, so that Nigerians would even have a credible alternative in this respect. So that even if he loses, the fight against corruption would yet emerge victorious, as it would not be halted by the result but would continue full steam.

But unfortunately that's not the case, so I hope Nigerians would be wise and not let the anti-corruption fight lose now, if not for anything else, for our children and those yet unborn. Because it would be the worst legacy we could ever hand over to them.

Hence the anti-corruption fight is clearly now or never!

If you win the war against corruption? What is the guarantee that the next government will sustain it?

Why Africa does go forward is lack of maintenance (sustainability )

Sustainability is the work of the judiciary. The law must be empowered to prevail on everyone equally no matter how highly place.

Until this is done, there is no war against corruption.

Lastly, there is no intellectual in Nigeria.
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2018
Ne×t Le✔el abeg
Sai Baba2019

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2018
soulpeppersoup:

If you win the war against corruption? What is the guarantee that the next government will sustain it?

Why Africa does go forward is lack of maintenance (sustainability )

Sustainability is the work of the judiciary. The law must be empowered to prevail on everyone equally no matter how highly place.

Until this is done, there is no war against corruption.

Lastly, there is no intellectual in Nigeria.
You have valid points with respect to the lack of maintenance culture and the judiciary, that said though I think Nigeria biggest problem is systemic corruption, for I believe that once that is resolved that the system would be able to perform self-maintainance of itself in those respects.

So that instead of having a system of corruption run things, it would be a system of accountability, transparency, justice etc. naturally taking its course with respect to the affairs of the nation.

I believe that this is what those developed nations have which we don't, for the way their system has been set up makes it harder for corruption, injustice etc., to thrive.

And that's why I'm not one who celebrates the independence day of the nation, for i would have preferred the whites had remained here at least up to the 90's, because whatever were the con's of that, for instance imagine that they had put the mechanisms in place for constant power supply, do you think that it would have been easy for it to have descended to this present level?

So at least they would have helped us set up the system to the extent that it would be able to run and maintain itself in that respect.

And South-Africa particularly comes to mind for they don't have close to the human and natural resources that Nigeria have, yet they could favorably compete with the rest of the globe to host world class tournaments like the world cup, but Nigeria would not even come close to that. And that's because in spite of their sufferings with respect to apartheid, the whites out a system in place during the period of their stay there that they are benefiting from up till date.

Then there is the Lagos that they stayed in more than the others and you could tell the difference between it and the rest of the nation. So I believe we just need those that could get us to that point, them the system would take it up from there!

1 Like

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
jesusjnr:
You have valid points with respect to the lack of maintenance culture and the judiciary, that said though I think Nigeria biggest problem is systemic corruption, for I believe that once that is resolved that the system would be able to perform self-maintainance of itself in those respects.

So that instead of having a system of corruption run things, it would be a system of accountability, transparency, justice etc. naturally taking its course with respect to the affairs of the nation.

I believe that this is what those developed nations have which we don't, for the way their system has been set up makes it harder for corruption, injustice etc., to thrive.

And that's why I'm not one who celebrates the independence day of the nation, for i would have preferred the whites had remained here at least up to the 90's, because whatever were the con's of that, for instance imagine that they had put the mechanisms in place for constant power supply, do you think that it would have been easy for it to have descended to this present level?

So at least they would have helped us set up the system to the extent that it would be able to run and maintain itself in that respect.

And South-Africa particularly comes to mind for they don't have close to the human and natural resources that Nigeria have, yet they could favorably compete with the rest of the globe to host world class tournaments like the world cup, but Nigeria would not even come close to that. And that's because in spite of their sufferings with respect to apartheid, the whites out a system in place during the period of their stay there that they are benefiting from up till date.

Then there is the Lagos that they stayed in more than the others and you could tell the difference between it and the rest of the nation. So I believe we just need those that could get us to that point, them the system would take it up from there!

That is the pure truth. Nigerians are corrupt because the system is porous.

Nigeria need right thinking people like you at the helm of affairs.
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2018
couragemurphy:
Ne×t Le✔el abeg
Sai Baba2019
couragemurphy i know you are sai baba2019 but please try and make meaningful contribution when next you come calling!
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2018
We must not allow this corruption fight to fail now!
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by speedyGonzales: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2018
which corruption are they fighting. Niger delta Avengers should be killing this fake politicians and their family members not bombing pipe lines

Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 23, 2018
speedyGonzales:
which corruption are they fighting. Niger delta Avengers should be killing this fake politicians and their family members not bombing pipe lines

I will agree with you on the "not bombing pipelines part though!
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Ganduri: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2018
Mr. Buharideen pls go and sit down, No Nigerian govt is as corrupt as the present one in power. If you doubd me just google up what the Auditor General of the Federation said recently about how MDA and Parastatals under Buharis govt are the worst in terms of transparency and submition of financial books for proper audit.
Under Goodluck, Not even a minister is allowed to Approve a contract worth 50 Millikn without such a contract brought to the FEC meeting for proper delibrations. But its on record the GMD of NNPC a mere agency under the ministry of petroluem, awarded contracts that ran into 25 Billion US dollars. How many times have you seen agencies under this govt advertise bills for Jobs like we saw in the past? Its usually people who dont have a clue of what is going on that run to thisbolatform to make noise about fighting corruption. the APC is corruption itself. They are so shamelessly corrupt even Dates donated to IDPs for the Ramadan fast ended up at open markets of Kano, Kaduna and Katsina. Not even the seized rice that was ordered to be taken to IDPs ended up at the IDP camps. please spare us your sermon.
Buhari has failed, the greatest act of corruption is to reward such a hypocrite with another term in office cos he makes alot of empty noise about fighting corruption. so he has fought corrution, what is there to show for wasting our time? shift.
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2018
Ganduri:
Mr. Buharideen pls go and sit down, No Nigerian govt is as corrupt as the present one in power. If you doubd me just google up what the Auditor General of the Federation said recently about how MDA and Parastatals under Buharis govt are the worst in terms of transparency and submition of financial books for proper audit.
Under Goodluck, Not even a minister is allowed to Approve a contract worth 50 Millikn without such a contract brought to the FEC meeting for proper delibrations. But its on record the GMD of NNPC a mere agency under the ministry of petroluem, awarded contracts that ran into 25 Billion US dollars. How many times have you seen agencies under this govt advertise bills for Jobs like we saw in the past? Its usually people who dont have a clue of what is going on that run to thisbolatform to make noise about fighting corruption. the APC is corruption itself. They are so shamelessly corrupt even Dates donated to IDPs for the Ramadan fast ended up at open markets of Kano, Kaduna and Katsina. Not even the seized rice that was ordered to be taken to IDPs ended up at the IDP camps. please spare us your sermon.
Buhari has failed, the greatest act of corruption is to reward such a hypocrite with another term in office cos he makes alot of empty noise about fighting corruption. so he has fought corrution, what is there to show for wasting our time? shift.
I gave my own opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours!
Re: Anti-Corruption Fight Is Now Or Never! For If We Don't Fight It Now, Who Will? by Standing5(m): 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2019
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

If GEJ Book Doesn't Contain All These Issues,then Its A Mere Tissue Paper / Launch Of Free Wi-fi Facility A Promise Kept - Osinbajo / Girl Tells Sad Story Of How Father Died Because Lagosians Failed To Move For LRU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.